It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the heck are the moderators at? Everyone have the day off?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Wondering...

Would it be too early of me to grab the popcorn out for this thread?

^^^ even BYO popcorn!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Haha, you guys are doing a fine job.. besides, I know if I were to edit anything before I had my coffee, id prolly delete the whole bloody thing. Not on purpose of course, I just require caffeine to function

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

BTW... a one line sentence that adds to a discussion is NOT a one-liner infraction

This is>>>>

Thanks for the clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yikes.

1. DO NOT DISTURB till after at least 1 cuppa coffee!!!

2. See rule 1!

Sorry I couldn't resist!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yep,

One sure has to have a good sense of humour

Thank you for recognising my twisted humour and playing along

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanyo
reply to post by masqua

Haha, you guys are doing a fine job.. besides, I know if I were to edit anything before I had my coffee, id prolly delete the whole bloody thing. Not on purpose of course, I just require caffeine to function

You do well..
I need coffee to see the ON button on the comp.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I break! You break! We all break for ICE BREAK!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Honestly? My laptop is almost always in sleep mode if I'm not using it.. haha, other wise I would more then likely have the same issues
But thanks!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Ben81

Are you kidding? I sent 1 alert, but to do it for all of them I would have to send 12 alerts per page for like 20 consecutive pages. No thanks, and besides, it's the job of the moderators to be taking care of these threads, not mine, I'm just a regular member.

Well I have alerted 12 times in a day...It happens..They aren't always around..There are more non mod members than mods.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Where the heck are the moderators at? Everyone have the day off?

No

You are here

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Ahhh... nothing like a good strong Ethiopean brew to clear away the cobwebs.

Now... about those pesky one-liners. Thing is, staff don't remove them. They stay the way they are and the author is sent a U2U plus a small points deduction. So... anyone else seeing that post would think nothing happened as a result. 1-liners are minor problem, but staff DO act on them.

Wanna know what really bugs us?

It's those 'second line' remarks when the post adds to the discussion and wasn't needed.

Thanks for all the positive posts here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

One thing I hate is Supers without coffee in them.
They get all....Sticky....

The other thing I hate is me without coffee in me.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Ahhh... nothing like a good strong Ethiopean brew to clear away the cobwebs.

Now... about those pesky one-liners. Thing is, staff don't remove them. They stay the way they are and the author is sent a U2U plus a small points deduction. So... anyone else seeing that post would think nothing happened as a result. 1-liners are minor problem, but staff DO act on them.

It's those 'second line' remarks when the post adds to the discussion and wasn't needed.

Sorry, I wont do it again..I promise...
2nd line..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I've been a member here for several years, and read a LOT of posts, and I have NEVER seen a thread like this one here with so many short 1 liners, and even 1 word posts WITHOUT ANY moderator intervention.

reply to post by Ben81

I was told long ago that the thread "Alert" is for the OP in general - like if someone is posting a hateful topic or something - not to complain about things going on elsewhere in the thread. But hey, what do I know?

How long ago was that? Because it's patently wrong. It's for anything T&C related anywhere anytime.
That's not what the alert form says, it says it's not for one-liners, only serious problems which apparently a one liner isn't.

POST ALERT FORM: Serious Terms & Conditions Violation

We encourage members to alert us to posts that might be a potential problem. However, please be aware that this feature is intended for flagrant violations of our Terms & Conditions such as trouble makers, insults, inappropriate content, and potential copyright violations. This feature is not intended to alert staff to minor issues like 1-liner or off-topic posts.

Yes the mods do a fine job!

Those 2nd line posts crack me up because as you said in some cases they aren't needed if the first line contributes, and even if the first line doesn't contribute, neither does typing "2nd line" so it really doesn't help, it's a total exercise in futility to type "2nd line" in either case!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Try Rocket fuel, it puts hairs on your arse!

Rocket Fuel

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I've been a member here for several years, and read a LOT of posts, and I have NEVER seen a thread like this one here with so many short 1 liners, and even 1 word posts WITHOUT ANY moderator intervention. Look at the posts from page 39 to 57 to see what I'm talking about! It's ridiculous.

What's going on? Are the moderators taking the day off? Or is ATS under orders from the FBI/Law Enforcement to not interfere with those Jared Lee Loughner threads?

That thread is an embarrassment to ATS, so what gives? Where the moderators at?

edit on 10-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

no the moderators are around, I had a thread that was stopped. because of the new terms and conditiosn i failed to read. they are busy stopping threads and banning people

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
no the moderators are around, I had a thread that was stopped. because of the new terms and conditiosn i failed to read. they are busy stopping threads and banning people

You mean this one?

ATS doesn't allow threads on current or former members as a general rule and we certainly don't allow discussions on bannings. That's why it was closed.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This whole thread is useless. The reason there were so many one-liners in that thread you mention in the OP and I was among them is the OP was asking for help to identify a thread related to what he believe was the shooting and so members started asking for more detail and he would respond. I don't see any issue with it. The reason for the one line rule is to stop things like :

"This whole thread is useless.

2nd line"

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It's 5AM, I'm going to have my coffee and THEN I'll look at the thread in question.

BTW... a one line sentence that adds to a discussion is NOT a one-liner infraction

This is>>>>

Hey, don't try to derail this thread with FACTS.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

lol, that's good to know, clearly most of ats is unaware.

second line
(couldn't resist)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join