It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unicorn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com... hmm is this a unicorn or abnormality

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That's a goat. Ringling Bros circus had one many years ago, in the 1980's I believe.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
with a horn like that? how would one get one of these horned goats? i want one.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
with a horn like that? how would one get one of these horned goats? i want one.

You'd have to make it yourself!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Here's an interesting link on the subject: stud-www.uni-marburg.de...

It mentions a bit about goats and unicorns, and also some origins for the unicorn. It's very interesting that numerous cultures mention a unicorn or unicorn-like animal. This seems to give the unicorn idea a bit more credibility.

As for the picture, is there any other documentation? The picture is black and white, and not the greatest quality. How do we know this isn't just a piece of wood tied to the goat's head? If you look closely it almost looks like there might be ties by the goat's neck.

Cercey

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
An English experiment from the 1930's: lair2000.net...

The picture on the bottom looks very credible, though they come right out and say that this was human engineered.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
this kind of genetic engineering is creul and wrong and should not be allowed. i think it should be illegal.Humans have done mean things to animals like killing tigers and so forth and doing genetic mutations. it is all wrong and i dont like it. well i hate creulty to animals ever since i saw 2 brothers.

[edit on 7/8/2004 by machinegunjordan]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I wonder what happens if you transplant a horn to a baby horse.
Although thats very cruel, I hate animal cruelty.
As much people try, they will never make a real unicorn.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it looks to fake but i like the other links thanks! i have been wondering abount unicorns for a long time. i mean there are narwhales so why not unicorns.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My wife used to correspond regularly with the breeders who had the unicorns for Barnum and Bailey years back... It was a naturally occurring mutation with the featured "unicorn" (goat) and the mutation also occurred in some of that goat's offspring...if I recall correctly. I'll tell her about this thread, and maybe she'll reply, as she's really the expert on this...(she's into unicorns like I am into dragons...)

On unicorns in general though, almost every culture on Earth has described them. Personally, I'm leaning towards them once existing, at least in some form, and being wiped out in the middle ages...much like whatever creature was attributed to dragon sightings...

The big question then becomes the fossil record, why isn't there one? Well, maybe there are, but they've been identified incorrectly, etc.?

BTW, it's image 190...the link takes me to a temple, hehe... The image looks more like a fake, than the unicorn goats I was talking about (the Barnum one's horn was smaller), though same type of goat used....

EDIT: it was Ringling, not Barnum and Bailey....

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i know the image changes everyday so the number changes to.if it is a mutation wouldnt the mother have errrr problems during labor?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

i know the image changes everyday so the number changes to.if it is a mutation wouldnt the mother have errrr problems during labor?

Not sure. But if the kid was born normally the feet would be first, so the horn would probably be facing the right way. Also, it would be very small or maybe not there at all at birth. Deer antlers don't grow until after the fawn starts reaching maturity, I think.

Cercey

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
yes it is correct that deer antlers dont grow until maturity. but this is a genetic mutation so i figured it would be there already.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
honestly, to me it looks like a goat birthday party hat.....

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It is not unconceivable that at some time there existed a Unicorn. After all, all that really means is a creature with one horn instead of two....if a creature can have two, it's not an impossibility for a creature to have one...now as to the "magical" powers and such of a Unicorn....who knows. I do think that there could of been some type of creature at one time that may of had only one horn.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cercey

Not sure. But if the kid was born normally the feet would be first, so the horn would probably be facing the right way. Also, it would be very small or maybe not there at all at birth. Deer antlers don't grow until after the fawn starts reaching maturity, I think.

Cercey

I used to own goats. They aren't born with their horns. Thank God. The horns start to grow when they are a couple of months old.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just found this site and this Unicorn made me join. The picture was not available for viewing. The Unicorns did and STILL DO exist, by another name, I believe.
They did exist because they are mentioned in the Bible. I used the Strong's Concordance and found UNICORN mentioned 5 times in the King James Translation.
Numbers 23:22
Numbers 24:8
Job 39:9,10
Psalms 29:6
Psalms 92:10
In addition the word UNICORNS (plural) appears 3 times
Deuteronomy 33:17
Psalms 22:21
Isiah 34:7
In each instance, the word comes from the same root which means "Wild Bull". (Strongs Hebrew Lexicon word # 7214 )
Personally, I think this means a RHINOCEROUS.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rawiea
I just found this site and this Unicorn made me join. The picture was not available for viewing. The Unicorns did and STILL DO exist, by another name, I believe.
They did exist because they are mentioned in the Bible. I used the Strong's Concordance and found UNICORN mentioned 5 times in the King James Translation.
Numbers 23:22
Numbers 24:8
Job 39:9,10
Psalms 29:6
Psalms 92:10
In addition the word UNICORNS (plural) appears 3 times
Deuteronomy 33:17
Psalms 22:21
Isiah 34:7
In each instance, the word comes from the same root which means "Wild Bull". (Strongs Hebrew Lexicon word # 7214 )
Personally, I think this means a RHINOCEROUS.

what if people dont belive in the bible?

and about the fossil records, maybe we havent found any because were not looking for them?
. Or perhaps the horn wasnt made of bone, cartildge or something able to go away. Like the hair on a rhino's horn. that goes away right?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If anybody does not share my belief in the Bible, so be it. That does not change the fact that the Unicorn did and still does exist.
I see no problem with accepting a Rhino as a Unicorn as I am unfamiliar with any other one horned land animal living now or in the past, excepting birth defects.
Admittedly, legend has them looking as horses or goats but not all legends are accurate. Four legs, tail and a horn in the facial area could be a Horse-type Unicorn, but I think history points to another creature. The rhino.
I think any Fossil record of Rhinocerous IS a fossil record of a Unicorn.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hate to dissapoint you but it looks ALOT like a giant bra to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join