It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

And my stance on this is very simple. If both sides of the political fence are happy to suggest murdering people, then no one should be shocked at this weekend's event. You cannot have political leaders advocating murder and then be shocked when people go postal.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

Perhaps the right will cease their hyperbople and inflammatory rhetoric whilst waving guns and using gun symbolism.

That sounds awfully similar to the Muslim extremists that they so vehemently oppose. I wonder how they sleep at night knowing that they are one and the same 'creature'?

The Revenant.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant

Why then, was his intent to kill someone that epitomised the opposition to the fascist tendencies of the right?

It all sounds right-wing authored to me.

The Rev.

Wrong again. The congresswoman would have made most state's a good middle of the road conservative. Maybe that's why that left-wing wacko tried to kill her, that she wasn't left enough!

She was a gun owner too; doesn't that automatically make her a right-wing nutcase?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Before you get too high up on your self-righteous horse, you might want to read a little summary of some of that Liberal "tolerance and understanding" I keep hearing about:

To be fair, we are talking about American 'liberals' here, which means they're not in the 'danger zone' of the right-wing like other U.S. politicians. They're nowhere near being centrist or left-wing in real terms.

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It all sounds right-wing authored to me.

The Rev.

Perhaps it's because you have an obsession with those you consider your political enemies, much like you accuse the shooter of being (though you don't really know his motivations).

Kind of curious how this alleged right-wing shooter listed the Communist Manifesto as a favorite book and how those who knew him described him as quite liberal.

It seems to me you're simply a shameless, assumptive and exploitative little troll. Maybe you could wait until the blood cools before you engage in your political hit posts.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

And my stance on this is very simple. If both sides of the political fence are happy to suggest murdering people, then no one should be shocked at this weekend's event. You cannot have political leaders advocating murder and then be shocked when people go postal.

Hear hear.

This is the core message - violence is NOT acceptable in any form, especially when required for political motives.

Rev.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The eventual outcome of all of this bickering, finger-pointing, and blame is as clear as day.

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

STANFORD, Calif. - President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

It's "the absolute perfect spot in the U.S. government" to centralize efforts toward creating an "identity ecosystem" for the Internet, White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt said.

That news, first reported by CNET, effectively pushes the department to the forefront of the issue, beating out other potential candidates including the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security. The move also is likely to please privacy and civil liberties groups that have raised concerns in the past over the dual roles of police and intelligence agencies.

Pretty soon, you'll have to be VERY careful of what you say! People fell right into the government's trap.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Unfortunately alot of right-wing bloggers and amateur journo's don't have a clue about how to identify political direction, or the correct words to describe it.

The Rev.

Damn! If I had seen this post before and then seen your educational attempts to reduce ignorance of political terms I would not have had to knock myself out today. I will visit your educational post later and add to it later this week.
Great work

Rgds T
edit on 9-1-2011 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Wrong again. The congresswoman would have made most state's a good middle of the road conservative. Maybe that's why that left-wing wacko tried to kill her, that she wasn't left enough!

She was a gun owner too; doesn't that automatically make her a right-wing nutcase?

Again, we're talking U.S. politicians here - near all of them are right-wing when compared to 'normal' political spectrums. She was centrist, and therefore left-wing in terms of American politics.

Having a gun is a constitutional right. If I could own one legally, I'd get one for sport. It'd be great fun!

And please stop trolling - it's obvious he wasn't left-wing. Your obstinant childish attempts at baiting bore me.

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
It seems to me you're simply a shameless, assumptive and exploitative little troll. Maybe you could wait until the blood cools before you engage in your political hit posts.

The feeling is mutual I assure you. I suggest we retreat back to our respective troll caves and chill yes?

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Again, we're talking U.S. politicians here - near all of them are right-wing when compared to 'normal' political spectrums. She was centrist, and therefore left-wing in terms of American politics.

Having a gun is a constitutional right. If I could own one legally, I'd get one for sport. It'd be great fun!

And please stop trolling - it's obvious he wasn't left-wing. Your obstinant childish attempts at baiting bore me.

The Rev.

I brought a quote about the guy from someone who actually knew him. You have brought hearsay without sources from people who never met him.

Back up your statements with some sources who actually knew him.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

By the same measure, if we all went shooting our mouths off in real life about the issues we discuss on ATS, then I am sure a few people would listen and report leaving us to be questioned by one or more alphabet agency.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hate is hate... it has no political affiliation...

It's one of the lowest forms of human emotions and it leads to this...

Either way... right or left.... the hate has got to stop....

If you don't like something... then change the next election... but if you really feel like shooting up the place.. that's a hint that you have crossed the line from concerned into blatantly ignorant and stupid....

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Damn! If I had seen this post before and then seen your educational attempts to reduce ignorance of political terms I would not have had to knock myself out today. I will visit your educational post later and add to it later this week.
Great work

Thanks!

I hope it helps. It's a confusing world out there.

The Rev.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

One problem with trying tar Palin and the right with this brush: his friends described him as far leftwing, hardly Palin's targeted audience.

Jared was also an anarchist, and those kinds are anti government and activist anti government. I am a Lefty, and those, from my experience anyway, are quite rare among us, but common on the right. ( i.e. Joe Miller, Rand Paul, Sharron Angle, Michelle Bachmann, and then the nationally syndicated am radio talkers who dominate am talk radio.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
She supports gun rights so why would conservatives want to shoot her? She also is in favor of border security so it seems like she is a tea party favorite so why would right wing rhetoric be the cause of her shooting? It makes no sense.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

The feeling is mutual I assure you. I suggest we retreat back to our respective troll caves and chill yes?

The Rev.

Quite telling that the only part of my post that you quote and respond to is that part specifically about you. I suspect there is no shame in megalomania.

It would likely be in your best interest to wait for all the facts to come in before launching tirades against the U.S. right wing (particularly when left wing political rhetoric of the inflammatory and violent type is at all time high levels). For all you know he may think his neighbor's dog told him to do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

One problem with trying tar Palin and the right with this brush: his friends described him as far leftwing, hardly Palin's targeted audience.

Jared was also an anarchist, and those kinds are anti government and activist anti government. I am a Lefty, and those, from my experience anyway, are quite rare among us, but common on the right. ( i.e. Joe Miller, Rand Paul, Sharron Angle, Michelle Bachmann, and then the nationally syndicated am radio talkers who dominate am talk radio.

Again, the only person we've heard from who actually knew him calls him "Very left wing and a political radical".

Everything else is merely unsupported supposition by people who never laid eyes on him, and have a vested interest in tarring the right for their own mercenary ends.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

How about a girl that knew him in college.
blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com...

We've confirmed that Parker and Loughner went to school together at Mountain View High School in Tucson and that both attended Pima Community College, so her claims of knowing Loughner seem to be legit.

Parker "tweets" that she and Loughner were in the band together and were friends until 2007 when he became "reclusive" after getting alcohol poisoning and dropping out of college.

She describes him as "quite liberal" and as a "political radical."

That's from the above link. maybe not good enough for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

It seems he was fairly well read and I am sure many people of both left and right political persuasions have read the little red book. As to the assassins politics, the jury's still out. What is clear and central to this thread is that violent political rhetoric can probably be as dangerous as a gun.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join