It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US

page: 6
15
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


You are a fool. No one called for anyone to be shot, sorry if you don't get what a metaphor is.


I believe I already asked you once to explain the metaphor that Sharon Angle was trying to use with "2nd Amendment remedies." Maybe that was someone else but I am all ears. BTW, why is it you guys can only have this argument by cherry picking the examples handed you and pretending they are all completely isolated? I did mention more than just Sharon Angle specifically talking about killing people.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


I have no idea even who that is. Why don't you go ask her?



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


I have no idea even who that is. Why don't you go ask her?


You do not know who Sharon Angle is but you just told me she never said what she said?



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
They can debate rightwing rhetoric but what will be achieved? Will there be more scrutiny? Will Sarah Palin be subject to a lawsuit? I would not like to see this as we would all be at risk.
edit on 10-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


I said that you don't understand what a metaphor is.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The left has just as much useless and ignorant rhetoric as the right does.
To say the shooter did something because he was left wing or right wing is absurd.
To say the shooter did something based on left or right wing polical rhetoric is also absurd.
The shooter did what he did because he's a freak'n LOON. No other reason.
Place the blame where it belongs ... on the shooter alone.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


I said that you don't understand what a metaphor is.


I know exactly what a metaphor is. How can you try to claim Sharon Angle was using a metaphor if you do not even know who she is or what she said?

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


You are a fool. No one called for anyone to be shot, sorry if you don't get what a metaphor is.

But someone did call for someone to be shot. You admit you did not know that. So please, PLEASE explain the metaphor you are refering to.



And you got a star for that?


edit on 10-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
They can debate rightwing rhetoric but what willbe achieved? Will there be more scrutiny. Will Sarah Palin be subject to a lawsuit? I would not like to see this as we would all be at risk.


What if, and I know this is crazy, but what if....this event encourages both sides to drop any kind of "taking them out" or "second ammendment remedies" rhetoric and act like grown ups and talk about issues and what they are going to do for us?

I am not sure why my desire to see that happen is met with such disdain.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


If this person called for people to be shot, and wasn't using a metaphor, then was that person arrested?



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


If this person called for people to be shot, and wasn't using a metaphor, then was that person arrested?


Ummm....you just got done telling me that it did not happen and that it was a metaphor. You fill me in on the rest of the details as long as you are correcting me about it.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


Ok I am going to assume that person was not arrested then. If that person called for people to be shot, they would have been arrested. Not going to feed you anymore in this topic, have a nice day.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


Ok I am going to assume that person was not arrested then. If that person called for people to be shot, they would have been arrested. Not going to feed you anymore in this topic, have a nice day.


I am going to assume this is your way of appologizing for claiming it never happened and telling me that it was a metaphor since you actually have NO CLUE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

Apology accepted. Maybe you should look into it.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


Well the disdain comes because you are messing those people with very simplistic views of poltics. Some of them speak of right and left as interchangeable. Some speak of being beyond right and left with NO UNDERSTANDING of either as political ideologies. You are honestly, as per your most recent post, trying to move above the partisan nature of ATS's most vociferous members. Yes we should have more cordial or at least most civilised debate but ya know politics. How do we gain huge numbers of knuckledraggers without simple and hysterical comments?

I think that the congresswoman was shot because she sought her sense of values above partisan politics.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
What is clear and central to this thread is that violent political rhetoric can probably be as dangerous as a gun.


No, that is not clear at all.

What is clear is that there are a lot of people who look at this tragedy as an opportunity to squelch the speech of those they dislike.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by LarryLove
What is clear and central to this thread is that violent political rhetoric can probably be as dangerous as a gun.


No, that is not clear at all.

What is clear is that there are a lot of people who look at this tragedy as an opportunity to squelch the speech of those they dislike.


Yes it is clear to everyone, apart from you that is. Noone is looking to censor ANYONE. That's always the first response of a right-wing hatemonger that says something disgusting and then squeals when people call them out for it.

The spoken or written word is ALWAYS more powerful and dangerous than the gun. You KNOW this. Yet extremist right-wingers (mainstream right-wingers) constantly call foul for being slapped about because of the fascist comments and suggestions they make in public. Keep these comments to yourselves.

The Rev.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by LarryLove
What is clear and central to this thread is that violent political rhetoric can probably be as dangerous as a gun.


No, that is not clear at all.

What is clear is that there are a lot of people who look at this tragedy as an opportunity to squelch the speech of those they dislike.


Really crying that people suggest your politicians not suggest killing people in their speeches?
Is that really going to be an issue for you?
edit on 10-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Yes it is clear to everyone, apart from you that is. Noone is looking to censor ANYONE. That's always the first response of a right-wing hatemonger that says something disgusting and then squeals when people call them out for it.


No, the left is extremely and historically quick to squelch free speech. Try erasing your bigotry for a few moments to view the truth.


The spoken or written word is ALWAYS more powerful and dangerous than the gun. You KNOW this. Yet extremist right-wingers (mainstream right-wingers) constantly call foul for being slapped about because of the fascist comments and suggestions they make in public. Keep these comments to yourselves.


Here's where you lost your argument and I'm beginning to believe your posts are parody. Words are more dangerous than guns? Would you rather be yelled at or shot at? Case closed. QED.

And hilarious that you, from a leftist viewpoint, tell others to "keep comments to yourselves" after blaming suppression of free speech on the political right. You are a parody, there's simply no other way to par the hypocrisy.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Here's where you lost your argument and I'm beginning to believe your posts are parody. Words are more dangerous than guns? Would you rather be yelled at or shot at? Case closed. QED.


How is that petition to free Chales Manson going?

BTW, what did Hitler ever really do that was so bad?



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Really crying that people suggest your politicians not suggest killing people in their speeches?
Is that really going to be an issue for you?


Please point out exactly where "my politicians" have "suggested killing people in their speeches".

I'm holding you to your hyper-inflated accusation.



posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
How is that petition to free Chales Manson going?

BTW, what did Hitler ever really do that was so bad?


Is this a comedy routine?
Are you another parody poster?



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join