It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords warns Sarah Palin there will be consequences.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hate to say it: No one will admit this is a POLITICAL stunt! Democrats play dirty (union thugs, drug cartels, etc.) and one of their own party had taken the bullet(s). Other ATS threads bring up theories that the target was supposed to have been a Federal judge (regarding ranchers and ILLEGAL immigrants). Whatever. Now the Feds are taking over the investigation. It's too obvious that Obama can't do what he wants now and how the Democrats pretty much are taking the back seat.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This thread is the perfect example of simple minded people who need to stir hate!
No conspiracy here (in the OP), just an OP who watches too many soaps on TV.

Just as the OP is doing, the control freaks in power will do the same. They will use this horrible tragedy to get what they want. As for the control freaks in power, they will USE this to censor. Or in the case of this thread, to create drama and attention. :down:

SL

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yes he has ties to that group it is reported.

This is all a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to all of the families, all those who are injured.

This picture of the bird that is eerily similar to the bird he spoke of I keep thinking about it.

The Nazi Eagle....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a841d0bb2f6.jpg[/atsimg]

A newly leaked memo states the young man has possible ties to American Renaissance.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I dont watch soaps. Where is the hate in my OP?

Originally posted by sweetliberty
This thread is the perfect example of simple minded people who need to stir hate!
No conspiracy here (in the OP), just an OP who watches too many soaps on TV.

Just as the OP is doing, the control freaks in power will do the same. They will use this horrible tragedy to get what they want. As for the control freaks in power, they will USE this to censor. Or in the case of this thread, to create drama and attention. :down:

SL

Yet here you are, dramatically vying for attention yourself, in my thread you so hatefully ...hate.

Side note, I do love irony.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I don't hold Sarah Palin responsible in ANY way for this shooting. The shooter is responsible. However, I don't think there's any place in politics for the kind of yippie ki-yay crap that Palin endorses. It was very creepy for me to see that video. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
And again ATS doesn't surpise me. Using a tradgedy such as this for further partisan spin is to be expected both on th msm and on here. Funny, there is plenty of hate and calls to violence from the left, and yet they hardly get a mention, even when it's directly from Obamas mouth. Lately this place is even worse than the msm as we should all know better...................this thread is no better than Phelps himself, just another person making up things to further their own agenda, and damn the victims.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
just another person making up things to further their own agenda

Who made something up? What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh come on, this should transcend partisan rhetoric.

The woman in the video seems obviously concerned about being targeted this way and warned of consequences.

She was shot in the head and was TARGETED and is now in critical condition.

Despite what your political leanings are here, you cannot dismiss the obvious.

No speculation is required here... In fact no theories are necessary.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

this is moronic. what do you have to be at every event and make sure its not a hologram or cgi to know for a fact that you aren't being manipulated by the powers that be... oh, and take whatever color pill it is that takes you out of the matrix.

this country has real problems that need to be solved.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

yea. HBT.. i made a thread on it ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was familiar with this website before the events in AZ. I find the website inflammatory, hateful, and divisive which seems to be the general tone of political discourse these days. I don't know if she was encouraging violence or not. Perhaps it was just "wishful thinking" on her part. As part of that ad campaign she also used the slogan "don't retreat, RELOAD!". Again with the war/violence metaphor. I hope she is done... but she keeps turning up like a bad penny. Part of the culture of "if you don't get your way get violent or threaten violence".

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Palin apologists are quick to argue that the map was from her PAC in an attempt to defuse her direct culpability. Here are SARAH'S OWN WORDS which I've posted in other threads:

Sarah Palin Sticks to Her Guns, and Gun Imagery, in Message to Supporters

"The crossfire is intense, so penetrate through enemy territory by bombing through the press, and use your strong weapons -- your Big Guns -- to drive to the hole. Shoot with accuracy; aim high and remember it takes blood, sweat and tears to win," Palin wrote. In the headline of her update, she mockingly predicted that the message would be "subject to new politically correct language police censorship."

SOURCE

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Her crosshairs analogy was in keeping with her image. I do not think she meant for her fans or supporters to go out and aim their own real crosshairs at anyone.

Besides, we have nothing linking the shooter and Palin, yet Sarah is being creamed in the press for the crosshairs thing, and is being purposely linked to this shooting itself.

That to me says agenda.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
More and more we are loosing our freedoms. It's ironic you can speak your mind about a subject, pull an idea out of fantasy land (in order to justify your feelings for someone) but condemn someone for speaking their mind, for being creative while campaigning.

I don't hate. I do however dislike threads that are simply created in order to rant and throw blame onto others. I see it's easier to point fingers at people other than the one(s) who actually pulled the trigger.

Maybe there is a bi-polar issue here somewhere, I don't know. All I know is it's become the norm to point fingers elsewhere instead of facing truth. Adult much?

Oh I just remembered something you posted a few months ago.
lots of admissions here

I like to write in an attention grabbing manner. In case you haven't noticed, (apperently not) I am a bit of an attention whore poster, it is not a crime (yet).

I wonder if she is the one targeted by people who are always full of negative. If not then why not do more than rant.
Someone should attend a tea party meeting!

I see the popularity of people like Sarah Palin, whose religion guides them in everything they do. I have always seen most people equate religion and tea partiers. There is a large and strong movement in America that weds religion and politics.

Others may have played a real part in this very sad event, a possible second shooter. Nonetheless, the jackals will rip it apart for their own needs and pleasures.

Enjoy the freedom of expression while it's allowed.

SL

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Justify my feelings? What do you mean? I like Sarah Palin, and grew to like her even more as a fan of her recent TLC show. reply to post by sweetliberty

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh and anyone who reads my posts knows what type of style I write in, that is not a big dark secret. reply to post by sweetliberty

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My posting style, has nothing to do with the video of the shot Giffords in my OP, Sweet Liberty.

Nor have you pointed out the hate in my OP.

All you have done, is hatefully participate in a thread you deemed hateful, and discourse upon my posting style.

Do you have any opinion if someone is using Giffords shooting to discredit/push the agenda of one of my favorite female political entertainers, Sarah Palin? Or shall you continue your discourse on Hotbakedtater's personal style?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Her crosshairs analogy was in keeping with her image. I do not think she meant for her fans or supporters to go out and aim their own real crosshairs at anyone.

Besides, we have nothing linking the shooter and Palin, yet Sarah is being creamed in the press for the crosshairs thing, and is being purposely linked to this shooting itself.

That to me says agenda.

That may actually be true, but watch the video again.

That is Gabrielle Giffords before being SHOT, talking about the very issues you believe are an "agenda"

Direct involvement, poor taste and judgement, bad choice of metaphors, words?

Does it really matter now?

Agendas aside, Gabrielle Giffords seemed concerned about being targeted this way, and the consequences she attempted to warn of seem to have happened here.

Coincidence?

Agenda?

Prophecy?

Conspiracy?

None of that matters too much now. Damage is done.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

That to me says agenda.

Big time agenda, but who's? TPTB on the left hate her guts and the influence she has. TPTB on the right are afraid she'll get the nomination and ensure an Obama win next year.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sarah Palin, you should have known better than use a "bulls-eye" graphic to represent defeating an opponent; MEDIA DO HAVE EFFECTS!

Now watch as the MEDIA turns its favor away. And you'd think we have progressed enough to NOT go on witch hunts or let fear and pride consume our common sense. I really hope you can learn from this and direct your "folks" to act in a more appropriate manner.

It looked then as if the graphic was innocent and benign, but the "ideology" presented became reality for the individual who ended the lives of people in the shooting.

Let this be an example of how media do have effects and visualization can become a very-real thing which could manifest in tragedy.

God help us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join