It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of Sarah Palin's career?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

If Palin was voted in to get Obama out of office then that says more about the American people than the virtues of Palin. You've already had one guy in Bush who was leader of the free world and yet was unable to construct a meaningful sentence. What are you guys thinking of?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eyestotheskies

You mean like this guy?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is not a single politician out there who is perfect. I prefer a leader who is firm in thinking people have to earn their own way. The most help should be given to the military men and women, and people who work their butts off and given as encouragement to continue. I want someone who respects nature and knows how to balance a checkbook. I want someone who is not going to bailout any more banks or big companies. We are thinking we want someone who respects the fact that we want to be responsible for ourselves and not have the government think they need to conroll every aspect of our lives. Sorry if you dont agree, but the majority of people I know do, and that is how it works here in the United States. Majority wins.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I agree that the majority wins.

I dont mean to offend anyone, and I'm not interested in US party politics but in a democracy that has delivered Bush, Obama and now discusses the prospect of electing Palin something is clearly wrong.

Maybe it is time to go back to basics. Are these the best candidates that the USA can offer, or are you being played?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

NO, we are NOT a Democracy.

That is one of the problems. A democracy allows the majority to pass ANY legislation it wants. THAT is the problem. We are a Constitutional Republic where our representatives are selected by a Democratic vote.

It would not MATTER one iota who we elected if the government was constrained by the very laws placed upon it. The Constitution was created to LIMIT the power of the government. They have gone beyond it's restraints and WHAT PRAY TELL has happened?

Well?!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It may not come across in my previous post but I fully agree with you. I believe that the US is a pseudo democracy with a pseudo government and the system is specifically designed to appear to offer choices when in fact the population is 'no choiced'. You get what you are given. Not just in the US but in many countries throughout the world. It needs to change - hence my comment about returning to basics

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Sorry, the tenet of this thread has gotten under my skin.

The actual tenet of the thread is a straw man.

Create a narrative, that has no relevance to reality and debate it.

This thread is a PERFECT example of a STRAW MAN.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sarah Palin will not be harmed by this because she had nothing to do with it.

This is a weak and deplorable act by the left-wing to punish and smear her.
Why?
Because they fear her strength, integrity, and abiliy to connect to the common person.

Don't like her? Don't vote for her. Don't watch her when she's on tv. Don't listen to her on the radio.

If she runs, she has my vote. You betcha!

Flame away, Palin haters. . . . .

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

i couldn't live without my steak. If you hate palin because she kills animals. then you hate the world too. just sayin'

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So we can blame Palin for a left-winger going on a rampage, but we cannot blame Islam for the Ft Hood military attack? Some strange ideas are floating out there.

Respectfully
Reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
For me, Sarah Palin's rhetoric has always been full of hatred, vitriol and barbed nastiness. I shudder to think the terrible damage she would do in any position of power - the combination of blind arrogance, intellectual debility and her strong penchant for the violent response, could, literally, be absolutely deadly.

I don't know if this is the end of her career, but I hope so.
edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Wow! I like your style. And, I agree with you. I hope this is the end of her political career.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

It's time for all of the politicians to stop using the weapon metaphors. It is time to stop the hate speech that incites violence and aggression.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just to reiterate.

The whole premise of this thread is a STRAW MAN

Anyone care to argue the point?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wish I could give you half a star, for the first 2 lines of your post....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

None of that is going to happen. Don't be silly.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The end of her career would have came a while ago if morons in the media (and elsewhere) weren't constantly doing news stories and starting new threads on her every .7 seconds.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

I cannot abide the woman but I hope she sticks around. Bad as she is trial by media is a complete No No. Let her take her chances with the electorate. The people will decide. That is true democracy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join