It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of Sarah Palin's career?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't think Sarah Palin is responsible for a crazy shooter, and I don't think she should be used as a scapegoat, but I did see her inflame crowds of people during McCain's campaign run to the point that it was almost dangerous.

Palin used Bill Ayers as the scapegoat against Obama by accusing him of palling around with terrorists who would target their own country. I think she went too far.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
there are so many ends of Sarah Palin's career:

being unable to answer questions from the press during the campain in 2008
losing the presidential election in 2008
quitting her job as governor with two years left to serve
joining fox news as a "commentator"
doing reality tv

this current political violence may tarnish what's left of her career like Columbine hurt Marilyn Manson. Which is to say, the media will push the issue based on some trace evidence of similarity and the public will predictably form a concrete opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We'll just end up losing more of our rights and maybe free speech and the right to bear arms. Hope not.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

Nah, it couldn't be her character that you don't like...Maybe it's the accent. Maybe it's the puffy cheeks...or the fact that she enjoys being a mother. Oh how we have fallen America. I remember the days when men were men and women were women. Sorry am I rambling now? Maybe I don't care too much about this subject. But I think people here are being WAY too critical of Palin. I think you are looking for reasons not to like her. In the end you will think what you want, you will find the damning evidence of Palin and feel justified in your reason for hating her. In the end nobodies opinions will be changed. Even if I supplied contradictory evidence your verdict would remain the same. So this quarrel is pointless. I will keep on enjoying witnessing her travail in the limelight of the political theater, and you and everyone else in this thread will keep throwing rotten tomatoes. We all want to feel justified in our judgments don't we? (I mean she smacks fish with batons, she deserves this ridicule!...) Excuse my sarcasm.
The answer to OP's question is still obviously -'NO'.
edit on 9-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

You don't get a bad vibe from a woman that called for someone to be assassinated?

edit on 9-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm not taking the bait....sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No because this will be forgotten 2 months from now or until the next event takes place, I don't like Palin but she's no more responsible for this than the rest of us. The guy is a nut case and a loose cannon, I bet more will surface in the coming weeks about the true motive.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Haven't strange deaths occurred around the last few presidents?? (I'm thinking the Clintons especially here)
If the past is anything to go by, then this death would mean that Palin will be the next president.
Not the other way around.
Yeah I know that sounds pretty screwed up but it seems to be the way of politics lately.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Palin is no better than any of the rest of them.
its all about each and every politician getting their way with their personal agendas for the powers that be.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't dislike palin, but I do not think if she ran for preseident in 2012 that she could beat Obama. Thats the problem we need a guy like Chris Christie who's reputation is not runied like palins. This is not the end because of the shooting but because of palins inexperience in public service is the downfall in my eyes..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The answer to the OP's question...you betcha! But than again I could be wrong. Palin has a way of attracting media attention.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You trollin' me, bro?

That is far from the first things that she actually represents. She comes off smug, attention whore-y and dumb. No could-be president should have a reality TV show, and no president should be writing the 'issues' on her hand to remind her. I could go on, but it's too obvious, and too many people agree with me for me to take you seriously.

Oh, and I think they chose her so the republicans would lose. We need a liberal in office to do things like take the internet away & restrict freedoms.
edit on 9-1-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
The majority of people that don't like palin do so because she represents everything that they hate.

Well, I hate the "tradition" or "way of life" by killing animals as foodstuff. I'm sure other political leaders worldwide who don't have animals as protein in their diet would cringe at the idea that someone who consider running as or being elected as president. The image of that poor bloody moose and a smiling "human" bothers me.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
not knowing where russia is and writing notes on her hand because she doesn't have the intelligence to remember what points she wants to make should have been the end of her career.

2012 is the end of the world, you have the muslim anti-christ kenyan running against an airhead that should be dancing around a pole, not taking them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

No, you are not, but you are entitled to your opinion.

To address the OP: Palin's style is odorous and irresponsible, but there is no proof that her rhetoric played any part in this tragedy. As such, there is no reason for this to be the end of her career.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

SP has no integrity, and faith/christianity are false virtues.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterCrowley

Palin is less than useless. TPTB have used her to derail a possible third party composed of the voters frustrated with both Puppet parties.

She was picked to make sure moderate democrats and centralist independents would be disgusted with the T-party.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The fact she even has a career in politics tells me enough about a large section of the American public, will this put an end to it? No i don't think so.
edit on 10-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Palin lost any credibility she may have had in my eyes when she commented on the North Korea/South Korea stand off a month or two ago. In an interview she suggested that it was North Korea that were the USA's allies, and when in fact it was pointed out that maybe she meant South Korea her flippant response was something along the lines of 'yeah whatever'.

A very dangerous and ill educated individual... Please dont give her any power.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Nope its not the end of her career. I will still vote for her if she runs. I disagree with the previous poster. I think she could get Obama out of office.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join