It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of Sarah Palin's career?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All over the country, in op eds, blogs and articles, on TV and talk radio, people are expressing their anger and disgust with Sarah Palin's methods of politics. The slogan she expoused "Don't Retreat, Reload" and her publication of a map with rifle crosshairs, naming Arizona's Rep. Gabriel Giffords' and her district, are comming back to haunt her and have many screaming "HYPOCRATE" for her comments of condolence to the families affected by the shootings in Tucson.

There certainly are many others who have fanned the fires of "Second Amendment Remedies" like Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc. Unfortunately, I don't think their careers will suffer like Palin's will.

Just this past week, Discovery Channel announced it would not renew "Sarah Palin's Alaska." Is this the end of Sarah Palin's bombastic insinuation into presidential politics? What do you think ATSers?

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Giver her enough rope, she will eventually hang herself...
I've no doubt of this. She was always a pawn, she just never knew it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hmm, so shooting was motivated by the need to make Sarah Palin less popular? I guess it's possible.

And a stab at gun owners...the government have a knack for killing two or more birds with one stone.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She needs to go back to Alaska and fix a nice bowl of moose soup.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

I don't think the shooter was motivated to shoot in order to bring down S.P.'s reputation. I think he was motivated by rhetoric that incites people to resort to violence.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To be honest, whether this event had happened or not, her campaigning style is extremely distasteful to say the least and comes across as totally irresponsible- people in a position of power should act as role models. As another recent thread here said, such aggressive tactics shouldn't be allowed in politics- politics should be about promoting yourself and the positives you'd bring, not slurring others and spreading negatives. Anyway, her career should have been over long ago, a previous presidential candidate muddling up NK and SK is ridiculous. Politicians should have to take an I.Q test or something, imagine how scary the world would be with her as president..

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sarah Palin reminds me of that very religious woman that played in that movie "The Fog". Anyone else agree?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
For me, Sarah Palin's rhetoric has always been full of hatred, vitriol and barbed nastiness. I shudder to think the terrible damage she would do in any position of power - the combination of blind arrogance, intellectual debility and her strong penchant for the violent response, could, literally, be absolutely deadly.

I don't know if this is the end of her career, but I hope so.
edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewoman
and have many screaming "HYPOCRATE" for her comments of condolence to the families affected by the shootings in Tucson.

what's a hypocrate?

The majority of people that don't like palin do so because she represents everything that they hate.

Happiness.
Courage.
Honor.
Integrity.
Righteousness.
Christianity.
Family.
God.
Hope.
Faith.
Charity.

......Amirite?
edit on 9-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 9-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Sorry "HYPOCRITE"

To me, she represents the antithesis of the examples you have provided. She spouts off all that lovelyness but backs it up be inciting fear, hatred and violence. That is what a hypocrite is!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i think it`s only the beginning of Sarah Palin....

remember the US people don`t control who`s in power, you are told who`s in power.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sarah Palins career ended the first time she opened her mouth.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
People on ATS are making me so proud lately. You fall for the classic Cloward Piven strategy and use it to foment your ideological pursuits.

Never let a crisis go to waste. Even if your political enemy has nothing to do with a crisis, define them as the cause or at the very least correlative.

THEN, use every outlet at your disposal to separate, polarize and attack that political rival.

You know, I am finding many members here at ATS, to be either more ignorant than the populace, or are actually part of the true progenitors of the destruction of freedom.

You folks would make Stalin and Hitler SOOO proud.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by eaglewoman
and have many screaming "HYPOCRATE" for her comments of condolence to the families affected by the shootings in Tucson.

what's a hypocrate?

The majority of people that don't like palin do so because she represents everything that they hate.

Happiness.
Courage.
Honor.
Integrity.
Righteousness.
Christianity.
Family.
God.
Hope.
Faith.
Charity.

......Amirite?

Hardly. Anyone who resigns amidst an investigation initiated by their own political party which is in power, IMO, likely has something they did not want dragged up. At least scratch that courage part, and reason #1 I would never vote for her.

However, I think, in the run, she's just a convenient target in all this. Her pictures, rhetoric, and politics pander who her supporters, and there is nothing wrong with that because all politicians do it. They must appeal to the base to remain in power. Also the most logical explanation for the alleged gunman was that he was, in fact, a nut case, as displayed by the videos on his channel. Disjointed sentences in those videos, his list of favorite books (Hitler and Marx?), and so on. Logically, if ANY politics are the motive, it's more he's likely a NWO'ite based on those videos with a perchance for Jewish conspiracies, and Rep. Giffords had some associations there.

Palin, as much as I dislike her, is being wrongly crucified. The now infamous graphics was likely taken down due to potential embarrassment to her and out of respect for the Congresscritter. And she had to make some sort of statement of condolence in this situation because she is a massive popular and public political figure with some power in this country.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Have you made this comment on all the other posts in regard to this shooting or are we just lucky to get your disapproving mockery here? If I have happlessly became a troll to this political strategy, them I am only one in a million. To me, ATS posts are to illicit conversation on topics of interest to participants.

I have been following Palin's career with horror at the blind idiots that follow her. If my post makes me another blind idiot, in your mind, so be it. It is my opinion that she dug a hole and can't get out. I wanted to see what other opinions are, not be part of a political strategy.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't think this is the end of Sarah Palin's career. People will forget the associations in a few days. All she has to do is lay low while this passes and the next political spanner comes flying along. If Sarah Palin's career is ruined, she has done it herself, with everything she's done since she came on the scene.

I don't think this shooter was motivated by Palin or the Tea Party. He was a nutjob who wanted his 15 minutes of fame. Hope he enjoyed them.

Originally posted by freedish
......Amirite?

Nope.

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
You fall for the classic Cloward Piven strategy

Would you explain what you mean by that? I've read about the CP strategy, but I don't see how it relates to this current situation. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

AS A MATTER OF FACT I posted snide remarks in the first two threads regarding this and stated that we SHOULD NOT SPECULATE on the motives or the causes.

BUT OF COURSE I was almost sucked into the LIES AND DECEIT of the monkeys flinging poo.

Just as everyone with a logical and discerning mind can see, this NUTCASE was the sole cause of this, but we will have folks like you, still flinging poo.

Do not worry about the facts, just keep flinging your poo, monkeys are good at that.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I do not think Sarah Palin had anything to do with the shooting in Arizona...the shooter espoused many leftist views mixed in with rantings about a gold standard. Not the Sarah Palin platform by any means. To point at her as a cause to this tragedy is reactionary and unfounded.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join