It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid of Giza.took more than 100 years to build by human means

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
this is from my brother.................................................................
Just did the math for the Great Pyramid of Giza. People claim that in order to build it in the 22 years (outside estimate) in which it was supposedly built, you'd have to place a block every 9 seconds. See the truth in the comment below this status!
The truth is still astounding, but 9 seconds is an exaggeration.. There are 2,300,000 stone blocks in the Great Pyramid, some weighing tons. In 22 years there are roughly 11,563,200 minutes. In order to build it in 22 years, they would have...
What's more, I just did more precise math for 100 years. If they worked round the clock for 100 years (calculating a year at 365.25 days) with an inexhaustible labor force, they would still need to place one block every 22.87 (23) minutes.
That includes quarrying, shaping time, precise placement, regardless of weather as well. There are no modern Archaeologists who say it took more than around 20 years to build (the reign of one specific Pharaoh)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
While your math may be correct, your construction theory is flawed. Buildings are not built in sequence.

You say it took 100 years by doing it in sequence. Now imagine if they had 5 work teams doing it in parallel? Cuts it down to 20 years.

No doubt the Egyptians had many, MANY teams. Just like modern construction and how we can build for example skyscrapers within a year.

Another thing that people tend to forget is the actual shape of the pyramid. Its large at the bottom and smaller at the top. The bulk of contruction material is on the "easy" half of the pyramid, sort of speak.
edit on 9-1-2011 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

also I'd like to add that the Great pyramid wasn't the first one built. They had no doubt figured out the best way to do it over many, many years. Look at some of the oldest pyramids and see how "primitive" they look in comparison to the Great Pyramid

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by standupamerica32

People claim that in order to build it in the 22 years (outside estimate) in which it was supposedly built, you'd have to place a block every 9 seconds. The truth is still astounding, but 9 seconds is an exaggeration.. There are 2,300,000 stone blocks in the Great Pyramid, some weighing tons. In 22 years there are roughly 11,563,200 minutes. In order to build it in 22 years, they would have...

When the pyramid and surrounding area was the biggest building site in the world, there was an estimated workforce of up to 30 000. There was infrastructure in place to feed and house them all. When you're picturing a block being laid 'every 9 seconds,' it's simplistic. Blocks would be laid simultaneously by the various work gangs. These guys would be proficient at pyramid-building and stone-masonry, their skills would be culturally embedded in them from a long, long tradition.

What's more, I just did more precise math for 100 years. If they worked round the clock for 100 years (calculating a year at 365.25 days) with an inexhaustible labor force, they would still need to place one block every 22.87 (23) minutes. That includes quarrying, shaping time, precise placement, regardless of weather as well. There are no modern Archaeologists who say it took more than around 20 years to build (the reign of one specific Pharaoh)

There will always be a debate about the construction of Khufu's Pyramid; we don't have YT or photos. Instead, we have to rely on the judgement of people who spend their lives researching and testing their theories. Mark Lehner is one such person. He organised a study. In this study, they opened a local quarry and tried to replicate the processes used by the Egyptians. They found that 2000 men could quarry and deliver 340 blocks per day. That comes out at about 120 000 blocks per year.

Bare in mind that the inner, core blocks weren't anything near precise. They were uneven, roughly cut and pretty sloppy. These would be much quicker to lay courses. The granite chamber and the casing blocks would take longer.

www.pbs.org...

www.pbs.org...

www.pbs.org...

www2.mcdaniel.edu...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
reply to post by merka

also I'd like to add that the Great pyramid wasn't the first one built. They had no doubt figured out the best way to do it over many, many years. Look at some of the oldest pyramids and see how "primitive" they look in comparison to the Great Pyramid

And after that they forgot how to do it?

BTW. You really think the Egyptians as we know them built them? As you know the Egyptians literary wrote everything down in hieroglyphs how they did things in live... But their greatest achievement (ahum), building the pyramids, they forgot to mention. Oh well... they mention the Sun Gods built them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ah, the great mystery of how they built the pyramids.

Nice work on trying to find an answer to this riddle, but i think the most important question in regards to the pyramids of Giza is "WHY" they built them?
Also, we don't even actually know "WHO" built the pyramids either, but lets not get off topic here.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14
Ah, the great mystery of how they built the pyramids.

Nice work on trying to find an answer to this riddle, but i think the most important question in regards to the pyramids of Giza is "WHY" they built them?
Also, we don't even actually know "WHO" built the pyramids either, but lets not get off topic here.

Peace 2 all

WHY? This is one the answers... hmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Is that the same Wayne Herschel who's a known hoaxer and BS merchant? Is that the same guy who's been nailed on ATS recently for generating a NASA-based lie to make money from people via his Facebook account? Surely it's another Wayne Herschel? Nobody would 'honestly' post a a link to *that* Wayne Herschel would they?

The TRUE story behind "The Hoax Head 'Round the World." (Exclusive e-book for ATS visitors)

For the record, Herschel has been hoaxing and lying for a damn sight longer than just last year. He's been selling BS for years.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
And yeah, the Egyptians also did an attempt to make pyramids...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76c2b6aa5c60.jpg[/atsimg]

BTW: In the great pyramid we find images on the walls which are NOT "Egyptian" as we know...

UH OH!!! trouble!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b22aac97381f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dc7cda618c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, we can conclude the Egyptians built them.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Lunica

Is that the same Wayne Herschel who's a known hoaxer and BS merchant? Is that the same guy who's been nailed on ATS recently for generating a NASA-based lie to make money from people via his Facebook account? Surely it's another Wayne Herschel? Nobody would 'honestly' post a a link to *that* Wayne Herschel would they?

The TRUE story behind "The Hoax Head 'Round the World." (Exclusive e-book for ATS visitors)

For the record, Herschel has been hoaxing and lying for a damn sight longer than just last year. He's been selling BS for years.

His work about the pyramids is profound and legitimate enough. The rest? I dont care. I take the good parts form all of those researchers. Even "scientists" make things look as it suits them when finding trouble... or just not mention it...

Its about the complete picture.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

His work about the pyramids is profound and legitimate enough. The rest? I dont care. I take the good parts form all of those researchers. Even "scientists" make things look as it suits them when finding trouble... or just not mention it... Its about the complete picture.

Your loyalty to his ideas is misplaced. He's been known to lie to his fans. He's sold hoaxes and lies to people like you...people who support him. If he respected you, he wouldn't continue to deceive you.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Your loyalty to his ideas is misplaced. He's been known to lie to his fans. He's sold hoaxes and lies to people like you...people who support him. If he respected you, he wouldn't continue to deceive you.

I support the idea about Egypt being a copy of the sky etc... He investigated further where Bauval stopped.
And that is not misplaced
Everybody with some intelligence and little open mind can subtract that from that research themselves.

The rest? Wayne? I dont care. He lies. And whatever...

Dont worry about him being deceiving me... Then you underestimate me, or you overestimate your ability to judge about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You should all watch these 5 videos, it's a very good and probably the best theory that i have heard so far of how the egyptions built the great pyramid.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

edit on 9-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

Originally posted by Electric Crown
reply to post by merka

And after that they forgot how to do it?

Hey there Lunica ... this comment that you made reminded me of an old thread I made when I first joined ATS ... first time I've ever heard anyone else pick-up on that point ... here's a link to that old thread you might find it interesting;

>>>Pyramid-Building - Ever Notice The Deliberate Mistake ?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Have you watched the videos i posted? what do you think about his theory and why do yoy think it's a "failed" theory?
He explains quite clearly the method the egyptians used to built the pyramid and how they got the blocks to the top, he also has a good theory what the great chamber was used for near the kings burial chamber.

Regards
edit on 9-1-2011 by EricLintScD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

Hey there EricLintScD,

A case of cross posts me'thinks

I didn't see your post with the video's before I added mine.

The 'failed' efforts I was referring to were those shown in a run of programmes back in the 90's (if memory serves) that saw a bunch of arrogant so-called 'experts' trying to build an immensley scaled-down version of the Great Pyramid using only the technology they claimed was available to pyramid-builders back in the 4th dynasty ... needless to say they failed so miserably it was laughable, especially when they actually brought in mini diggers to help them complete their half-assed attempt and finally had to resort to 'one they'd made earlier' before programmes end !

I like the frenchman's theory even though it still remains unproven as fact at the end of the documentary ... I like the fact that he looks for an alternative to the tired old methods that the 'experts' have been holding onto by their fingernails for decades.

If you check-out the links (particularly the second one) that I added to my previous post, you will see that I never claim my suggestions are absolute ... just that they have as much chance of being proven correct (in some cases more so) than the conventional suggestions that the die-hard Egyptologists will not be budged from.

Thankfully in recent years more and more people involved with seeking the answers are becoming a tad more adventurous and open-minded. When I began my project I was well aware that without anything to back-up some of my more outlandish suggestions I would never be taken seriously ...so I went back to school and studied Natural Earth Sciences with both the Open University and the Heriot Watt University (at degree level) to see if my ideas were capable of holding water scientifically ... imagine my surprise when I discovered that many of them did.

As for other hypotheses that I developed in the 90's ... many have since been proven as fact ... this alone encourages me to think that in the fullness of time and continued discovery there is no reason to doubt the possiblity of my remaining hyptheses proving to be accurate.

The overall point is that just like the frenchman we all need to look at alternative ideas even if they seem ridiculous to the stalewarts in the field.

Thanks for sharing the videos I really enjoyed them.

Woody

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

I find this theory the most plausible in my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricLintScD
You should all watch these 5 videos, it's a very good and probably the best theory that i have heard so far of how the egyptions built the great pyramid.

I mean no offense here, but for those of us who don't have the time to watch hours and hours of every video posted here, could you mention the source of these videos (a program? which one?) and who was featured in there and what it is they say?

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just did the math my self, I could and might be wrong (let me know) if there are 2,300,000 blocks in the great pyramid then in 22 years 104545.45 blocks would have to be laid every year.
Assuming 365.25 days per year 286.23 blocks per day, and assuming 10 hr day average (egypt gets 6.5 hrs daylight in winter and upto 11.9 hrs in summer) 28.64 blocks every hour.
That would mean 1 block approx every 2 minutes. This simple math assumes one team would have to work at this immpossible pace. Now, logic would dictate many teams could work simultaneuosly, meaning work at the bottom of pyramid could be way ahead of schedule and then near the top progress would slow down greatly.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I haven't watched the vids and guess they're Houdin's internal ramp theory from the images.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join