It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Philosophy radio?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I had the idea to create a Philosophy based radio show...
if you dont know the topics that get discussed in the Philosophy & metaphysics forum skyfloating describes it best - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skyfloating -"This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.

Examples of some of the topics this Forum includes:

* Consciousness

* Epistemology or "The Study of Knowledge"

* The "soft-science" of Psychology in its many variations

* Philosophy old and new, east and west

* Fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation

* The Study of Social Organisms

* Well-being, Self-Empowerment, Metaphysics, Meditation

Other Purposes:

* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths

* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.

* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming

* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.

* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude

* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.

* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.

* To explore: What is reality?

The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.

Even in cases of strong disagreement with other participants, an attitude of respect and decorum is expected."-Skyfloating"

I think a Philosophers cafe would be a great show, that is what philosophy is all about "discussion".
we get well thought out discussions in the forums, although I feel when discussing in a live environment thoughts and ideas flow differently and breakthroughs are made.

post any thoughts or ideas you might have, I would like to see how many people would like to join in.

I don't know much about how the current shows are put together but I am sure we can get everyone together and have some good times..

edit on 1/8/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sounds like fun to me.

I'd like to second this idea.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks Sinter!

not much interest yet?

how about a pre-recorded show where I or anyone can interview some of the ATS philosophers who post here in the philosophy and metaphysics section, sort of like a lecture?

or a chat room "philosophy cafe" once a week or so I can add a new thread to the forum a quote or theme to be discussed in the forum as well as the chat room?

C'mon Philosophers THINK...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, would be interested in listening to it, or something that could be recorded and downloaded. Somewhat on topic, are there any irc channels for this forum, and if not would somebody be interested in creating and maintaining one?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I second the motion, and would be glad to paticipate. I have many theological and philosophical ideas floating around in my brain at any given time...more to the point, I think metaphysics needs to make a serious comeback in our society.

Excellent idea!

GtkP

EDIT: Er...third the motion....*sheepish grin*
edit on 10-1-2011 by Guido the Killer Pimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Seems like a very interesting idea. Maybe a cam chat type thing via ustream or the such. We could discuss things via cam and mic, and also chat for those without a mic.

Weekly or monthly would be good and having different topics per "show". Maybe someone can record it and save as like a podcast or some deal.

I would be interested in trying to start something like this, or help its creation in some way.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm very interested in this idea. A pre-recorded downloadable show would be great. I would love to hear different viewpoints on topics from those willing to share.

All the best

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is great I was honestly loosing hope watching my thread go down the forum ladder.

I really like the video chat Idea, I have never done it other than with yahoo chat or something with family. I'll look into more and start talking to the right people to get this new show Running.

I will look into what Neformore uses to record the shows and I will also ask about getting a permanent Chatroom set up for philosophy and Metaphysics I really like the "philosophy cafe" name Skyfloating mentioned..(I think I will open a room with that name when I am online to get people interested)

YES! Guido I agree this subject needs to go more mainstream...

thanks for the support I am great-full to have help in setting this new show up.

edit on 1/11/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I know on ustream that someone can broadcast via webcam and chat on their channel and then others can join and broadcast themselves and have a big discussion. I think you can have up to 10 people doing video/mic at a time.

There is also a chat for everyone to use also if people didn't have a video feed or didn't make it in the ten spots or whatever it is.

You could schedule a time for the show and everyone who wants to join in will be able to.

As for recording a show, I am not sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looking forward to this

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I went and DL'd skype it seems most people have that here already and its free/easy enough to get..

here is a link if you dont already have it, all you will need is a microphone to join in on the recording.

I am in a bit of immense pain right now and can barely think otherwise I would be more on top of this we will have a show soon...

I have many ideas and am thinking for the first show a topic of Philosophy/metaphysics and our experience and measure of it.

join