I had the idea to create a Philosophy based radio show...
if you dont know the topics that get discussed in the Philosophy & metaphysics forum skyfloating describes it best -
Skyfloating -"This Forum deals with a broad range of subjects many of them complementary under the headline "Mind" and will attract both scientific
and un-scientific viewpoints to incite a wide array of discussion.
Examples of some of the topics this Forum includes:
* Epistemology or "The Study of Knowledge"
* The "soft-science" of Psychology in its many variations
* Philosophy old and new, east and west
* Fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation
* The Study of Social Organisms
* Well-being, Self-Empowerment, Metaphysics, Meditation
* To deal with the nature of truth/knowledge itself and how we arrive at those truths
* To explore how we think, communicate, process data and information.
* To discuss nightdreams and the nature of dreaming
* To look at the nature of beliefs and the mind itself.
* To discuss various methods of lifestyle & attitude
* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall controversial tone of conspiracy-theory at ATS.
* To discuss "the biggest conspiracy of all", the manipulation and distortion of perception and awareness as a protection from propaganda.
* To explore: What is reality?
The atmosphere of this Forum is a relaxed "Philosophers Cafe" in which concepts and ideas are exchanged.
Even in cases of strong disagreement with other participants, an attitude of respect and decorum is expected."-Skyfloating"
I think a Philosophers cafe would be a great show, that is what philosophy is all about "discussion".
we get well thought out discussions in the forums, although I feel when discussing in a live environment thoughts and ideas flow differently and
breakthroughs are made.
post any thoughts or ideas you might have, I would like to see how many people would like to join in.
I don't know much about how the current shows are put together but I am sure we can get everyone together and have some good times..
edit on 1/8/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)