It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Her gender is meaningless.

Someone figured she was part of the problem, and decided to remove her from the equation.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Heres the possibilities by likelyhood

1) Crazy christian zealot against abortion
2) Drug Cartel murder
3) Jihadist
4) tea partyier/conspiracy theorist
5) nut job without a cause

Wow, way to pigeon-hole Christians, tea party members, and conspiracy theorists. Hopefully you managed to offend less than 97% of ATS members.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
No one has the right to void the vote of free people by using a chunk of lead to kill the person they elected. That said, would I have taken a shot at Hitler in 1933? You bet. But this lady was no Hitler, not by a helluva a long ways, and whomever shot her was sure as hell no equivalent to those who fought for our independence from Britain.

are you trying to flirt?

I'm agreeing with you.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
Allegedly.

With all of the news of vote fraud, and irregularities, there is no reason to believe each and every vote is counted, or each and every election is valid.

So you are challenging her election?
Or do you just think it is ok for people to just shoot politicians at random because there has been fraud in the past? What does your America look like?

+10 more 
link   
Only here on a conspiracy website would you find the most vilest and detestable of people actually condemning the poor woman who was shot for no reason, saying that it doesn't matter that she was probably a wife/mother/sister/etc, or that she had the right to live, but rather because she was a government official, it is better of that she is dead. To the members of ATS who proclaim such rash and horrid ideals, I can only feel pity for your heartless anger and for what your future may provide.

May God and peace be with her family, and whether she is in the hospital or she has passed away, may comfort find it's way to those closest to her. This is a terrible event and I hope swift justice and closure is brought upon those who deserve it.

Again, I am all for free speech, but when I see people here on ATS actually putting down this woman despite the fact that she has been seriously wounded/killed when she was clearly innocent, it burdens me and confirms my beliefs that some of the community here on ATS are nothing more than basement dwellers who fantasize about the sickest things and refuse to grasp any real sense of reality and are completely devoid of all humanity.
edit on 023131p://666 by For(Home)Country because: Spelling

link   
It's bounced back to "still in surgery" about 5 mins ago on all the MSM sites...

...Hope things go well for her.

link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, that is a scary read. Could this shooter be Boy Blue? He sounded extremely angry.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

One official added the attack was carried out with an automatic weapon. The officials who described the events did so on condition of anonymity, saying they were not permitted to comment publicly.

"I am horrified by the senseless attack on Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and members of her staff," newly elected House Speaker John Boehner said. "An attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serve. Acts and threats of violence against public officials have no place in our society. Our prayers are with Congresswoman Giffords, her staff, all who were injured, and their families. This is a sad day for our country."

Source

Gun rights are going to end up being set back by this. Praising this as a gun rights coup is beyond naive.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I am sure it was just a random act of violence, can't see why anyone would want to shoot their congressperson.

You obviously don't live in the white supremest right wing state of Arizona.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Ugh, why haven't you been banned yet?

second line

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

This is even more creepy. Posted 3 days ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For those that think the victims "deserved" this, check your head.

It is defeatist to oppose gun laws by using guns to shoot the lawmakers. It only makes the case for gun control more relevant and immediate.

For those who call the elected officials criminals deserving what they got (bullet in the brain), how many many times worse are those that elect them? Or murder them?

I have been refraining from writing anything I actually think or feel on ATS for a couple months, because people can't seem to handle those who disagree with them in emotionally mature ways...
but some of the nonsense in this thread inferring death was "deserved" MAKES ME SICK and I HAD to tell those of you to take your feeble heads out of your well stretched and exercised assholes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Please read before this is deleted
www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

And link is dead in under 10 mins

link   
reply to post by Erica1631

Dunno, but it's dang eerie.
That is one angry person.

link   
I hope she an all of the other victims make a full recovery.

That's all I got.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not claiming what happened is right but a part of me has a smile when a politician is killed. Too bad it wasn't something worthwhile like blowing up the bilderberg building when all the "elite" were having their meeting. But please don't misinterpret what i'm saying. All i'm pointing out is you wont see a bunch of publicity when me or you die. But i agree the man that commited the crime should be punished to the full extent of the law. What he did was a classic nutjob move.

link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

Please forgive me as I clutch to whatever remains of my humanity I am still able to scrape up in this world today. I find it hard to justify murdering anyone in cold blood in order to change a vote but we all sleep differently.

link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes, no, and maybe. Only sociopaths believe in an absolute right and wrong, or good and evil. Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Even more troubling that you are taking delight in the possible murder of an unarmed woman.
edit on 8-1-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join