It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch
Odds on the shooter being a member of the Tea Party?

I'd say it's a pretty good bet considering how utterly deluded and messed up most of its members are. Seems like the kind of stunt "Tea-baggers" and people on here have been praying for...Be careful what you wish for morons.

How about waiting until the facts come out?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It looks like Gabrielle Giffords most recent legislation was a bill she introduced to cut congressional pay by 5%. She introduced the bill submitted just the other day. Possibly not related, probably not, but still worth noting.

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

If that's the case why continually relate this incident to some sort of noble act of righteous revolution?

Hmmm?

'nuff said..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'd say it's a pretty good bet considering how utterly deluded and messed up most of its members are. Seems like the kind of stunt "Tea-baggers" and people on here have been praying for...Be careful what you wish for morons.

Really? Can we all just have some human decency and refrain from spinning conspiracies and political propaganda over this poor woman's (hopefully) critically injured body?

Good God people...Just because the internetz is anonymous doesn't make it OK to become some heartless A-hole.

link   
If this women is not dead yet she probably will be very shortly..

Gun shot point blank to the head? I don't want to sound like the glass is half empty but it sure as hell is not half full for the poor lady.

link   
violence against the innocent is wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

While yes, I get the Dexter reference in your name, I am not sure just how debatable it is to say that murder is a crime, and deplorable outside of a Showtime series....

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Moral realitivity is not all it's cracked up to be but it is now the doctrine taught in all our schools and Universities. We we are living it now. It states that what is good for me is moral no matter what it does to you or anybody else.

It is a social ideology that is wrong and it is beneath America. It will help bring on a police state for a people who are not self governing with a clear moral standard of what is right and what is wrong. We are flirting with an arbiturary and ugly Big Brother social enforcement regime. It is so sad to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I love how people want this to be connected to a Drug Cartel so they can lock down the entire border for all people.

But if someone suggests it might be an gun activist...or a tea partier...then the shooter becomes a lone nut job and it shouldn't reflect on the whole organization.

I don't care either way who it was...the person was a nut job...let's not try to use someones death to push our agendas folks.

Prays out to the victims shot and their families.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dasauto

She survived, thats the first step. You forget, govt officials have better healthcare than normal folks

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
violence against the innocent is wrong.

Mnemeth, I wouldn't usually give your posts stars for we generally disagree, but it's nice to see something we do agree on.

Indeed the innocent do not deserve to die. Just because you are in congress, it does not mean that you are instantly a tyrannical monster.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
projectvxn is not a super moderator hence can not just ban you..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Perhaps you also missed my post where I said chances are it was just some nutjob, not someone going out with the intent to eliminate tyranny.

Very few people on this planet are innocent, odds are Giffords was not one of them.

We can debate the reason for the shooting until we are blue in the face, but we will end in the same place as we were when we started.

A difference of opinion.

As another poster said, he wouldve gladly taken a shot at hitler if given the chance. I think most people would agree with that statement.

The only difference is in the level of oppression people are willing to tolerate.
edit on 8-1-2011 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I take extreme offense to that.
I am a believer in the Grassroots Tea Party
and I find that you lump all TP in the same
fold is rather moronic.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
the news just said Afghan veteran,

don't know how true, also says she Gabrielle is responding to commands,

don't know how true that is either.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EricLintScD

You need to take a step back and get some perspective man... Most serial killers were fans of classical music and THAT DOESN'T mean that Beethoven or people that like classical music are more prone to kill... No kidding man but if you cannot distinguish a fictive act in a virtual world from the real deal in the real world and you associate both together I wouldn't handle you neither a game or a gun...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join