It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Gabrielle Giffords Shot: Congresswoman Reportedly Shot In Arizona [UPDATED]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

My words have done so much more to convince others of the fundamental right to self defense with the use of arms as we see fit.

I have never needed my AR 15 to change someone's mind about gun control.

I've even changed the minds of hardcore anti-gunners.

Your argument has no merit to me.

If the government wants to put troops on my streets and confiscate guns..That's one thing..but shooting this woman makes no sense.

AZ has the most free gun laws on the books. Including permit-less concealed carry and open carry. The US still has not, and will not attempt to ban guns...I fail to see where the justification for this woman's murder can be made.
edit on 8-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by projectvxn

I am of the opinion that when one attempts to restrict, or take away the liberties of others, they forfeit their right to life.

While it's sad on a personal level for her family, hopefully this could possibly be a wake up call to other Congress tyrants.

An unarmed woman was shot.

Congress seems to be alive and well. What is it you think was accomplished here other than shooting a woman?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
MSNBC reported that a FEDERAL JUDGE WAS SHOT AT THE SCENE, and might have been killed, but the latter was unconfirmed.

link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

reply to post by Kaploink

Armed or not, she is part of a corrupt group of criminals known as the United States Congress.

Elected to office by WE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has the right to void the vote of free people by using a chunk of lead to kill the person they elected. That said, would I have taken a shot at Hitler in 1933? You bet. But this lady was no Hitler, not by a helluva a long ways, and whomever shot her was sure as hell no equivalent to those who fought for our independence from Britain.

link   

I hope someone on the ATS staff is keeping a record of your IP address or addresses. Sure, you might be a 15 yr old kid with a oorah boner for guys who talk tough, but just the same, your sh*t sounds troubling.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Shooting people who favor arms control probably isn't the best way to approach these things. After all, it kind of validates their point.

~Heff

But it does remove them from the decision making process

You do know she is not dead yet, right?

Shooting =/= killing

link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I think this is more like the American style "riot" the activist Europeans have been begging for on here.

We had a lefty fly a plane into a building in Dallas and a newly elected Tea Party Republican (state representative) shot in his pool store not long ago in Arizona. We had Leftists violently attack fund raisers departing from Jingal's fundraiser a while back. Recently, we had a another Republican (I beleive he was an elected official) murdered and stuffed in a car trunk - I can't remember where. Anyone remember. I think there has been more attacks, too.

link   
This is a link to a detailed description of the gunman by an eyewitness. I'm sure that many people filmed the shooting taking place, but doubtful that they will release it especially since a child was one of the victims. This is becoming more and more discouraging by the minute. There will be extreme repercussions that all of us will feel from this horrible incident. All of us will be punished. When there is an extreme action of this kind it will always have an effect on the masses.

www.theatlantic.com...

link   
What time did this happen? I found a youtube video that says Gabriel Giffords and ufo. It was posted 9 hours ago. Can people change titles of videos on youtube after they post?

+2 more 
link   

No, damn it, morals are not subjective.

That's what sociopaths believe.

There is a right and wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
No one has the right to void the vote of free people by using a chunk of lead to kill the person they elected. That said, would I have taken a shot at Hitler in 1933? You bet. But this lady was no Hitler, not by a helluva a long ways, and whomever shot her was sure as hell no equivalent to those who fought for our independence from Britain.

are you trying to flirt?

link   
A federal judge?? Have not heard of this yet.. THIS GUY IS DONE FOR! This guy Should of been shot and killed already...

link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Its a damn good thing they didnt think like you either.

Yea, youre right.

Good thing the Revolutionary War never happened huh?

PFFT! Now and then aren't even comparable you friggin nutcase.lol! man just... don't even talk to me. Ill skip past your nonsense from now on.

Note to self, ignore the crazy people.

link   

Yea in your imagination we elected her. Just because you go into a electronic voting machine and press a button doesnt mean it counts for snip. And all this liberal conservative garbage makes me want to puke. Alot of people are so mind controlled even on this site. As much as I dont like violence these scum in congress and all that need to realize there fantasy world of passing constituion destroying laws and laughing at cocktail partys is a far cry from the real world we live in. Innocent woman my A#@ screaming racist and nazi makes me not care one bit about this event.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
why do i feel this is a play on Az new gun laws that was just passed ? somthing like you can now conceal carry througout the state ? well after this i am sure they are going to change some laws now !

Sure, cause we all know that this kook would have obeyed that law and left his gun at home when he went out to shoot the Congresswoman.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Please read before this is deleted
www.dailykos.com...!-And-is-now-DEAD-to-me

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
something else noteworthy

With her election to the U.S. House in 2006, she became the state’s first Jewish congresswoman

www.whorunsgov.com...

link   

Originally posted by sara123123

I think this is more like the American style "riot" the activist Europeans have been begging for on here.

We had a lefty fly a plane into a building in Dallas and a newly elected Tea Party Republican (state representative) shot in his pool store not long ago in Arizona. We had Leftists violently attack fund raisers departing from Jingal's fundraiser a while back. Recently, we had a another Republican (I beleive he was an elected official) murdered and stuffed in a car trunk - I can't remember where. Anyone remember. I think there has been more attacks, too.

What planet do you live on?

link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I don't think this was a cartel hit, they usually use multiple gunmen, grenades, etc. It's more than likely that this was a random nut and the usual anti-gun nutcases will be crawling out of the woodwork in the coming months to try and further limit our right to bear arms - even though the shooter's weapons were probably already illegal, and he probably had some mental illness that already prohibits him from owning guns.

I think it MAY be a Mexican drug cartel hit for a couple of reasons:

1) Tuscon, AZ is only a short drive from the US-Mexico border at Nogales. As such, I believe that Tuscon may have experienced a spillover of the drug gang violence from Mexico.

2) Because a multiple gunmen "hit" may be a bit too obvious and the fact such hits are very uncommon most of the USA, the cartel could get away with using a lone shooter to pull off the "hit."

link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is easy to answer, it is justified by the person's paranoid delusions and that's it. That's all he needs to, facts and reason are meaningless to this person. Much less compassion.

I for one feel terrible for this woman's family and friends. I also feel bad for the people who cheer this as a good thing, the retribution of heaven will not be kind to those folks.
Obs out

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join