8 Nightmare scenarios that I am most positive that quite a few people here are facing on a daily basis (If this mirrors anyone's life here my back and
support is with you 24/7/365) :
1. A 28 yr old female with one kid who just ended her shift at her job while walking to her car parked a block away steps off the curb to cross the
street and out of nowhere a drunk driver speeding plows into her, she suffers 6 broken ribs, a broken leg, a dislocated shoulder, her injuries decree
her unfit to work. BTW, she's in a coma for 5 years and the chance of her survival is dim. She recovers and is a quadrapalegic and can never work
2. A 44 yr old mother of 4 aged 3 - 15 in perfect health, holding a Master's degree is at home one evening and her husband who after work decided to
go to the bar and get rip roaring drunk comes home and beats her senseless collapsing a lung, annhialiting her liver putting her in the hospital for 6
months. Her injuries require her to have constant care. She graduated at the top of her class and had an iq of better then 150 and now that is dropped
to barely 65.
3. A 78 yr old retired male is at home one evening who suffers from cancer and requires constant care takes a nasty fall at home and is hospitalized
for 2 months.
4. A 4 month old male child who was born 3 months early who wieghs no less then 5 lbs. This child who is it discovered has a rare genetic disorder
whereas if they get cut they won't stop bleeding.
5. A 32 yr old widowed male with 1 kid and no family is at work and falls off a scaffold 6 floors up breaking both his legs and both his arms and is
discovered he suffered an aneurysm before he fell, he can no longer care for his kid and can never work again.
6. A 15 yr old male kid is at school one afternoon while in the lunchroom takes a nasty spill on a wet floor after being pushed by the school bully
and is taken to the hospital with a fractuered wrist, a slipped disc in his spinal column and a bad neck injury who will require a wheelchair and
constant care the rest of their life.
7. A 19 yr old female with no responsibilities decides after work to go to a club to unwind and get drunk. While dancing a 22 yr old male starts
chatting her up and they leave and go back to his place. While there she is beaten, bound, tied up and gagged and is knocked unconscious and is dumped
in an abaondoned alleyway. The next morning about 7a a passerby discovers her and to their shock is still alive but barely. She is hospitalized for 4
months while she recovers, there is no id or wallet found near her making an id impossible. She leaves the hospital in a wheelchair and is a
quadrapalegic and can never work again.
8. Two friends (age 8 and 9) are hanging out one day and decide to take a dip during the late Spring at a local watering hole. The 8 yr old jumps
first everything is fine, when the 9 yr old jumps in he slips and hits his head on a rock below and is rushed to the hospital where they discover that
he has lukemia and is out of school for the remainder of the year and is now wheelchair bound due to his injuries sustained in the fall. He requires
constant care the rest of his life.
One thing to remember during this hypothetical scenario is no person has any type of insurance. Prior to the Healthcare law every single person would
not qualify for insurance because the company decided to decree everything a "pre existing condition" and denying these people insurance because they
couldn't afford it. How are these people supposed to take care of themselves and their families?
edit on 8-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because:
(no reason given)