It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Theyself..The coming times of change that we are all feeling. I hope this helps.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

That IS the correct title, sir..there are more than one of us..if you had but read

No, it is not correct, if you had but a minimal english education.

"Theirself" is correct or "thyself", depending on your meaning. "Theyself" is a non-existent usage approximating ebonics.

What does it mean to know theyself? Socretese said a wise man knows himself But why do people that say they’ve gain enlightment Still practice self realization techniques? Or do they know but sometimes just forget who they are?

"Know theyself," without knowing who you are, you can't answer any of the broader questions about life...From the Matrix, the Oracle

Sir, I urge you not to get hung up on word spelling.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

You misspelled "Socrates" as well.

Spelling and proper usage aid in putting your thoughts out. If you appear to be illiterate, most literate people will totally skip anything you have to say, no matter how important it actually is.

I did not misspell it, the person I quoted from did.
And Im sorry sir, but I graduated from MSU with a degree as an English major..I DO know how to spell..THEYSELF has a deeper meaning than you are seeing with your eyes. As I said before, I urge you not to get hung up on this spelling..please..if you skip what it is being said here, I am very sorry since you are so hung up on the spelling of a word. It is sad.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If anyone would like to talk further, you can email me, I must go to work now but will check back later. Thank you all.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I will leave you with this song..

Hush now, don't you cry
Wipe away the teardrop from your eye
You're lying safe in bed
It was all a bad dream
Spinning in your head
Your mind tricked you to feel the pain
Of someone close to you leaving the game of life
So here it is, another chance
Wide awake you face the day
Your dream is over... or has it just begun?

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Commanding in another world
Suddenly you hear and see
This magic new dimension

I- will be watching over you
I- am gonna help you see it through
I- will protect you in the night
I- am smiling next to you, in Silent Lucidity

If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you built within
Come tumbling down, and a new world will begin
Living twice at once you learn
You're safe from pain in the dream domain
A soul set free to fly
A round trip journey in your head
Master of illusion, can you realize
Your dream's alive, you can be the guide but...

Queensryche~ Silent Lucidity

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That IS the correct title, sir..there are more than one of us..if you had but read

"Theirself" is correct or "thyself", depending on your meaning. "Theyself" is a non-existent usage approximating ebonics.

What does it mean to know theyself? Socretese said a wise man knows himself But why do people that say they’ve gain enlightment Still practice self realization techniques? Or do they know but sometimes just forget who they are?

"Know theyself," without knowing who you are, you can't answer any of the broader questions about life...From the Matrix, the Oracle

Sir, I urge you not to get hung up on word spelling.

You misspelled "Socrates" as well.

Spelling and proper usage aid in putting your thoughts out. If you appear to be illiterate, most literate people will totally skip anything you have to say, no matter how important it actually is.

I did not misspell it, the person I quoted from did.
And Im sorry sir, but I graduated from MSU with a degree as an English major..I DO know how to spell..THEYSELF has a deeper meaning than you are seeing with your eyes. As I said before, I urge you not to get hung up on this spelling..please..if you skip what it is being said here, I am very sorry since you are so hung up on the spelling of a word. It is sad.

If you are comfy with having your ideas suffering because of a lack of spelling and english usage, then go in peace and serenity. But it will not help you to get across your thoughts, no matter how valid and important they are, to a literate audience.

I would suggest Strunk's "The elements of style" I am no english professor, I'm a computer scientist, but that little book is invaluable for anyone who composes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I didn't read every reply but are you referring to the coming shift in consciousness? If so, I agree. We each need to look within ourselves for the answers we seek. As the coming shift gets closer we will become more aware of who we truly are, the oneness we all share with every living thing. Infinite-universal consciousness is what we all have to look forward to awakening within each of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Shes right if you understood what she wrote it would be theyself.
edit on 8-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: delete something

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Excellent. post Yummyfreelunch!.Thank You....I have known this to be true for me for yrs now...Yrs ago i tried pot several times and could not handle it because every one seemed so fake including myself and it really freaked me out....I always thought i was the odd one,because i could not handle it.After reading this im thinking maybe i wasn't after all.

Working on our inner self is HARD work....I do it and then i have to stop for awhile it can be overwhelming to say the least...But i am back to start again peeling away the layers.I know 2 people who are on this path that's it.This really is the road less traveled at least it seems that way to me.
edit on 8-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: to edit

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
Excellent. post Yummyfreelunch!.Thank You....I have known this to be true for me for yrs now...Yrs ago i tried pot several times and could not handle it because every one seemed so fake including myself and it really freaked me out....I always thought i was the odd one,because i could not handle it.After reading this im thinking maybe i wasn't after all.

Working on our inner self is HARD work....I do it and then i have to stop for awhile it can be overwhelming to say the least...But i am back to start again peeling away the layers.I know 2 people who are on this path that's it.This really is the road less traveled at least it seems that way to me.

Welcome to freedom..thats all I know how to explain it..

I also tried pot before..and well..I never got why all my friends giggled and had so much fun..and all I did was turn "inside" myself and become paranoid..I also felt out of touch..or NOT the norm..but you, my friend..have found the truth...
You are NOT the odd one..you have accepted yourself..
Yes..it is hard work..but so worth it, in the end..

Peace be with you, my friend..

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Would it begrudge you if I offered you a hug?

I feel you need one. Silly me...I know

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoknows11
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Thanks for a great read, really rang true for me. I have been doing a lot of soul seraching this past year, and one major thought that i had was that i feel "fake" that i'm not my authentic self, which i believe is a result of a lifetime of seeing to what i WANT to see, not what i NEED to see.

Again thanks for a great read, will watch the video when i get a chance

You are really really on the right track, in my humble opinion! That is exactly how I have felt..fake..and this rings so true to me..lying to myself. The video is very powerful and I have to say..humbled me to the core!

Thank you
, i still have a lot to learn...
I finally got a chance to watch the video and loved it. There was heaps of good information provided think i will need to watch a few more times to fully digest everything.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I too take breaks from my journey as i can find it overwhelming, too many questions going on in my head but not enough answers to sustain me on my journey.
Lucky you know 2 who are on the same path as you, i don't know anyone who is on this path, but then again most people i know don't know i'm on this spiritual journey, i can be very private about it and don't generally discuss it with other people.

Good luck and i hope you find your own truths

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
maybe you guys can help me with this

The past year and a bit I had a few out of body experiences, one where my spirit left my sleeping body and I saw two other spirits in my room,told them to get out then the next morning I looked out the window and saw funeral cars and caskets, another out of body experience was when I was dragged out of my body and man handled, there was 5 of them I know exactly what they look like because since then I've seen them in a film and I was attacked before the film even came out. I've had lucid dreams where I'm in a very colourful place flying which has giving me the best feeling I've ever had, I've had some psychic experiences for example when I'm in a relax state I've been able to remember every single thing I've done in my life,everything I've ever seen,read and heard everything is very clear,even when people talk in the background and I'm not listening I can hear everything clear in my head,I can also speak different languages and in any accent, in this relaxed state I can see what's on the tv teletext with the tv off, so then I started believing in God and become a Christian, after that any demonic attack I had ended as soon as I called on Jesus no more struggling like before, I went to church for a while until I started to see their show of lies,repetition and deceits,so I stopped going but still follow Jesus teachings, anyway when I'm sleeping sometimes its like a light comes into me and my body tries to float out, I usually call on Jesus to stop it except for the last time, I don't understand how all this has happend, I'm not into this new age thing, I'm not the Creator but I would like some answers from you guys if you could. Just to add one more thing 10 years ago I saw faces on walls and on trees,there were many faces and it was unique how in every single angle made a face even the best artist couldn't pull that off, the faces looked like ancient men they were kind of old but not wrinkly old they looked like the Zeus type pictures and they all looked angry and looking directly at me. What's all this about?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I bid you welcome.

I was "born enlightened". Which to me equals: born confused, born stubborn, without complexes, fear and suspicion of things or people that are different, born self-confident, with a strong belief in all that is good, with self awareness, born aware/willing/able to face my faults and shortcomings. Born with a strong sense of righteousness and last but not by far least, justice. And a lot more.

I could type it all out, but I have to get some sleep soon.

However.
I despite the word enlightened. Extremely cheesy.

Makes it sound like you are "special". Worth more then others. Which you and I are not. "Enlightened" or not "enlightened". Damnit.. I hate that word !

And you should too !

edit on 11/1/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Thank you whoknows11..It is tuff and lucky for us we CAN take breaks!....Wishing you the best....Love and Blessings to you.

Pointofview....I think everyone has times in there life when they are enlightened or remembered.......When we have ahha moments and i think that's enlightenment..It might be called waking up to the truth....So we all have this and its a journey that we will be on the rest of our time here...There are some that ARE more enlightened than others but that does not make them any better than any one else..There are also the ones who will resist it..But that's ok we have free will..Because we are all connected and ONE in the spiritual sense,as more and more people begin waking up it will ripple out to the world...More and more will start to wake up....I am very thankful for the others that did the work before me because its helping me right now and you to.This waking up... remembering truth... energy is rippling out into the world and touching US ALL. Just thought i would add my perspective of this word. and just mho..Love and Blessings to you!
edit on 12-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: sp

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Havn't had time to watch the vid yet - but I have allways known that the view of ourselves as multiple/compound beings is one of the essential keys to understanding and being able to make sense of the world - and conversely the current conventional focus of treating people solely as their personalities is the surest way to prevent anyone from making sense of anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Everyone of you have posted fantastic posts..all of your words add to my learning and hopefully for others, also.

I dont know if you are feeling the same way I am, and maybe Im just going crazy..but I feel an intense urgency the past couple of weeks and its getting stronger. It's hard to explain, it feels like someone important is coming to dinner and my house is not clean and I dont have the dinner made..if you know what I mean. Crazy? All I know is..this feeling will NOT leave me and I feel the need to get things in order..stock up on food items, medicines..maybe it's too much ATS..but I have never felt this kind of urgency before.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yep me to Not really anxious but want to be prepared because i feel the earth IS making major changes and you never know what will happen...Went to the store today and spent 50.00 on canned veggies and tuna chili beans soup ect....Last week did the same..We are filling milk jugs with water.My dd is buying extra canned food to.We do not eat canned food except tuna and black beans in salad.....We figure if something doesn't happen we will donate it to charity before it expires in 2013/2015.

My dd dsil and grand baby s are living with us....It was suppose to be for a couple months but now were thinking we all need to be together if there were to be a natural disaster. Its working for all of us in the house so that's good.

I went to the survival forum one night and hightailed out of there pretty fast....There is some pretty scary stuff at ats and i have to be selective on where i read......I do not want or need a lot of negative and doom and gloom.

In nov. i had just started watching Jesse Venturas show and i was shocked and scared at what i saw....Some of it i questioned but so much seemed true with the facts they had...Well i was in such obsessed with it all and i decided NOT to watch any more...I am not watching hardly any tv now......If these shows made me feel great and there was something i could do, then i would watch,but i feel so helpless and scared because i know i CANT do anything......Well there is something, i can visualize the way i WISH the world was and see all governments caring about humanity and being truthful and honest.No corruption.A world were we all love one another and live in peace and harmony....Awh, the song by John Lennon Imagine.....Now what if WE ALL could Imagine all the words in that song and create a world like that.

edit on 12-1-2011 by StarLightStarBright2 because: sp

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
could somebody please give me an explanation to my above post

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This thread dieing out goes to show that people are NOT ready to Know Theyselfs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join