It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Theyself..The coming times of change that we are all feeling. I hope this helps.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know many of us are feeling a "change" in the air. There have been numerous people joining this forum and other forums like this, daily, because they "feel" something different in their lives.
All of us are seeking something.
Some people are still asleep, others are waking to a new change, or feeling..dreams are becoming more frequent and scary or informative. I myself, have been searching for years now, this feeling, this change within myself. It seems now that the train is coming into the station, so to speak..I see the station just ahead..excitement racing in my blood.
I want to show you something that was written by Jeanne de Salzmann.(1889 – 25 May 1990). Madame de Salzmann began her career at the Conservatory of Geneva, studying piano, orchestral conduction and musical composition. Later a student of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze in Germany from 1912, she taught dance and rhythmic movements. History of Jeanne de Salzmann.

First Initiation by Jeanne de Salzmann

You will see that in life you receive exactly what you give. Your life is the mirror of what you are. It is in your image.
You are passive, blind, demanding.
You take all, you accept all, without feeling any obligation.
Your attitude toward the world and toward life is the attitude of one who has the right to make demands and to take, who has no need to pay or to earn.
You believe that all things are your due, simply because it is you! All your blindness is there! None of this strikes your attention. And yet this is what keeps one world separate from another world.

Is this not true of ALL of us? True..YES..we lie to ourselves, daily..and believe our lies. Continuing..

You have no measure with which to measure yourselves.
You live exclusively according to “I like” or “I don’t like,” you have no appreciation except for yourself.
You recognize nothing above you—theoretically, logically, perhaps, but actually no. That is why you are demanding and continue to believe that everything is cheap and that you have enough in your pocket to buy everything you like. You recognize nothing above you, either outside yourself or inside. That is why, I repeat, you have no measure and live passively according to your likes and dislikes.

We must look deep within ourselves to see this truth. At first it will make you angry to hear these words about yourself. That is another lie.

Try for a moment to accept the idea that you are not what you believe yourself to be, that you overestimate yourself, in fact that you lie to yourself.
That you always lie to yourself every moment, all day, all your life.
That this lying rules you to such an extent that you cannot control it any more.
You are the prey of lying. You lie, everywhere.
Your relations with others—lies. The upbringing you give, the conventions—lies. Your teaching—lies. Your theories, your art—lies. Your social life, your family life—lies. And what you think of yourself—lies also.
But you never stop yourself in what you are doing or in what you are saying because you believe in yourself. You must stop inwardly and observe.
Observe without preconceptions, accepting for a time this idea of lying. And if you observe in this way, paying with yourself, without self-pity, giving up all your supposed riches for a moment of reality, perhaps you will suddenly see something you have never before seen in yourself until this day.
You will see that you are different from what you think you are. You will see that you are two.
One who is not, but takes the place and plays the role of the other.
And one who is, yet so weak, so insubstantial, that he no sooner appears than he immediately disappears. He cannot endure lies. The least lie makes him faint away. He does not struggle, he does not resist, he is defeated in advance.
Learn to look until you have seen the difference between your two natures, until you have seen the lies, the deception in yourself. When you have seen your two natures, that day, in yourself, the truth will be born.

I know this will make some of you angry..it did me at first. But read it knowing that there is no one to judge you but yourself. There is really no one in your life who knows you..but yourself.

Im going to leave you with one of the most powerful videos Ive seen in a very long time. Im hoping that this will help many of you through the coming times..and maybe you can share it with others who are ready.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Know "theyself" ?

It would carry a little more gravitas with a title correction.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

That IS the correct title, sir..there are more than one of us..if you had but read

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I enjoyed your article alot.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodworksinc

Thank you..I just hope it can help at least ONE person out there..it wasnt me who wrote or made the video..but it sure answers alot of questions for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ohhh Lady Gaga did a cameo. That made the video. Good stuff Gaga.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks for a great read, really rang true for me. I have been doing a lot of soul seraching this past year, and one major thought that i had was that i feel "fake" that i'm not my authentic self, which i believe is a result of a lifetime of seeing to what i WANT to see, not what i NEED to see.

Again thanks for a great read, will watch the video when i get a chance

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

This thread is especially for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoknows11

Thanks for a great read, really rang true for me. I have been doing a lot of soul seraching this past year, and one major thought that i had was that i feel "fake" that i'm not my authentic self, which i believe is a result of a lifetime of seeing to what i WANT to see, not what i NEED to see.

Again thanks for a great read, will watch the video when i get a chance

You are really really on the right track, in my humble opinion! That is exactly how I have felt..fake..and this rings so true to me..lying to myself. The video is very powerful and I have to say..humbled me to the core!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's not just black or white. Yea or Na. I agree that it seems that way and it is seen through my eyes and my point of view.But there is more than just selfness. If there weren't,why would you have posted such a thought?... Or do you care about us ? I see and hear more here than just you. Consumed by more that just your self. Take another look! Unto thine own self, be true.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
thank you!!!
I too feel the same way inside.... this thread should be at the top of the leader board, but sadly it will fall on deaf ears....
s+f

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by howlnwolf59

It's not just black or white. Yea or Na. I agree that it seems that way and it is seen through my eyes and my point of view.But there is more than just selfness. If there weren't,why would you have posted such a thought?... Or do you care about us ? I see and hear more here than just you. Consumed by more that just your self. Take another look! Unto thine own self, be true.

Unto thine own self, be true. Fantastic, sir.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
thank you!!!
I too feel the same way inside.... this thread should be at the top of the leader board, but sadly it will fall on deaf ears....
s+f

Yes, sir..but a few of us, may be helped by these words, written by brilliant minds. My only goal in posting this..to help us know ourselves as we wake

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If nothing else stands out to anyone..these words..send chills down my spine

Your life is the mirror of what you are. It is in your image.

in fact..im changing my sig! lol
edit on 7-1-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Nice thread! S&F

Although I've posted this elsewhere, I think this belongs here for consideration. And since it's someone else's writing, it cannot be a lie from me!

an excerpt from "The Power of Now" by Exkhart Tolle

Introduction

The Origin of This Book

I have little use for the past and rarely think about it; however, I would briefly like to tell you how I came to be a spiritual teacher and how this book came into existence.

Until my thirtieth year, I lived in a state of almost continuous anxiety interspersed with periods of suicidal depression. It feels now as if I am talking about some past lifetime or somebody else's life.

One night not long after my twenty-ninth birthday, I woke up in the early hours with a feeling of absolute dread. I had woken up with such a feeling many times before, this this time is was more intense than it had ever been. The silence of the night, the vague outlines of the furniture in the dark room, the distant noise of a passing train - everything felt so alien, so hostile, and so utterly meaningless that it created in me a deep loathing of the world. The most loathsome thing of all, however, was my own existence. What was the point in continuing to live with this burden of misery? Why carry on with this continuous struggle? I could feel that a deep longing for annihilation, for nonexistence, was now becoming much stronger than the instinctive desire to continue to live.

"I cannot live with myself any longer." This was the thought that kept repeating itself in my mind. Then suddenly I became aware of what a peculiar thought it was. "Am I one or two? If I cannot live with myself, there must be two of me: The "I" and the "self" that "I" cannot live with." "Maybe," I thought, "only one of them is real."

I was so stunned by this realization that my mind stopped. I was fully conscious, but there were no more thoughts. Then I felt drawn into what seemed like a vortex of energy. It was a slow movement at first and then accelerated. I was gripped by an intense fear, and my body started to shake. I heard the words "resist nothing," as if spoken inside my chest. I could feel myself being sucked into a void. It felt as if the void was inside myself rather than outside. Suddenly, there was no more fear, and I let myself fall into that void. I have no recollection of what happened after that.

I was awakened by the chirping of a bird outside the window. I had never heard such a sound before. My eyes were still closed, and I saw the image of a prescious diamond. Yes, if a diamon could make a sound, this is what it would be like. I opened my eyes. The first light to dawn was filtering through the curtains. Without any thought, I felt, I know, that there is infinitely more to light than we realize. That soft luminosity filtering through the curtains was love itself. Tears came into my eyes. I got up and walked around the room. I recognized the room, and yet I knew that I had never truly seen it before. Everything was fresh and pristine, as if it had just come into existence. I picked up things, a pencil, an empty bottle, marveling at the beauty and aliveness of it all.

That day I walked around the city in utter amazement at the miracle of life on earth, as if I had just been born into this world.

For the next five months, I lived in a state of uninterrupted deep peace and bliss. After that, it diminished somewhat in intensity, or perhaps it just seemed to because it became my natural state. I could still function in the world, although I realized that nothing I ever did could possibly add anything to what I already had.

I knew, of course, that something profoundly significant had happened to me, but I didn't understand it at all. It wasn't until several years later, after I had read spiritual texts and spent time with spiritual teachers, that I realized that what everybody else was looking for had already happened to me. I understood that the intense pressure of suffering that night must have forced my consciousness to withdraw from its identification with the unhappy and deeply fearful self, which is ultimately a fiction of the mind. This withdrawal must have been so complete that this false, suffering self immediately collapsed, just as if a plug had been pulled out of an inflatable toy. What was left then was my true nature as the ever-present I am: consciousness in its pure state prior to indentification with form. Later I also learned to go into that inner timeless and deathless realm that I had originally percieved as a void and remain fully conscious. I dwelt in states of such indescribable bliss and sacdredness that even the original experience I just described pales in comparison. A time came when, for a while, I was left with nothing of the physical plane. I had no relationships, no job, no home, no socially defined identity. I spent almost two years sitting on park benches in a state of the most intense joy.

But even the most beautiful experiences come and go. More fundamental perhaps, than any experience is the undercurrent of peace that has never left me since then. Sometimes it is very strong, almost palpable, and others can feel it too. At other times, it is somewhere in the background, like a distant melody.

Later, people would occassionally come up to me and say "I want what you have. Can you give it to me, or show me how to get it?" And I would sayl "You have it already. You just can't feel it because your mind is making too much noise." That answer later grew into the book that you are holding in your hands.

Before I knew it, I had an external identity again. I had become a spiritual teacher.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

How profound it is to have awaken and being able to describe it in such a way!

Im not adept at putting feelings into words, as Im more of a visual artist. This is beautifully written. Thank you

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good video some very important points well made in it.

I think we have to peel back many layers of illusion before we get to the true self. I sort of disagree with the everything being a lie part I think they are talking about getting a glimpse of the higher self until we make the sold connection. Doesn't mean our lives now are lies but just a lower point in our evolution, understanding, and discernment so to speak for our learning and development. Never the less the point is valid; until we are ready and willing to strip away all the illusion. This is why it takes many life times before we are ready to fully know our selves or mature.

Kind of like a little child who has not reached adult hood and adult consciousness. His world is not a lie or fantasy it is simply a limited understanding based on what he is able to observe and understand and how he understands it. To us it would seem an illusion but to him it is real. I would liken us to the little child in relation to the higher self or soul which is what we get a glimpse of now and then and then fades until we rise high enough in consciousness to commune with it regularly and eventually at all times.

Also I don't think the well intentioned folks who are off track a bit are hurting anything. It is all part of the evolutionary path. People will follow all sorts of divergent paths till the find the true one, and many times they will think they have found it till it dead ends and then they continue to look for the right one. It is better they are seeking then doing nothing. Eventually they will learn from their mistakes and correct course. And if they are following the highest they know it will lead them to higher consciousness eventually. Much of the narrow path is trial and error.

Anyways my 3 cents and thanks for the video and thought provoking thread! S&F!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt of the video from youtube.

This video explores the essentials of self-knowledge as a fundamental means to establish true and lasting change in the world, as well as providing insights into the traps towards awakening.

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." ~ Carl Gustav Jung "

A man must first of all understand certain things. He has thousands of false ideas and false conceptions, chiefly about himself, and he must get rid of some of them before beginning to acquire anything new.
Otherwise the new will be built on a wrong foundation and the result will be worse than before.
To speak the truth is the most difficult thing in the world; one must study a great deal and for a long time in order to speak the truth. The wish alone is not enough.
To speak the truth one must know what the truth is and what a lie is, and first of all in oneself. And this nobody wants to know." ~ G.I. Gurdjieff

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm. But the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it. Because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." ~ T. S. Eliot

Video based on "Know Thyself" by Bernhard Guenther

"Spiritual Predator: Prem Rawat AKA Maharaji" by Henry See"Spiritual Predator: Prem Rawat AKA Maharaji" by Henry See

"Political Ponerology" by Andrew M. Lobaczewskiwww.ponerology.com...

"The Secret History of the World" by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
secrethistoryoftheworld.com...

"UFO's and the National Security State - The Cover-Up Exposed" by Richard Dolan
www.keyholepublishing.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, but arent the "layers" that you are talking about being stripped, in fact, lies? If you must strip them away..then they werent real to begin with. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Also, some of these authors do say, that many who mislead are not doing so on purpose..so that is true

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

"To those that have eyes,let them see. Those that have ears, let..." There would be know Black or white without grays.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join