It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Theyself..The coming times of change that we are all feeling. I hope this helps.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, but arent the "layers" that you are talking about being stripped, in fact, lies? If you must strip them away..then they werent real to begin with. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Also, some of these authors do say, that many who mislead are not doing so on purpose..so that is true

It could be said they are lies to a higher consciousness yes. However it could also be said they are just limited understandings of a lower consciousness some of them complete lies and others just a lower correspondence to the higher for our learning and preparation for the higher. Perhaps it is just semantic difference.
edit on 7-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, but arent the "layers" that you are talking about being stripped, in fact, lies? If you must strip them away..then they werent real to begin with. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Also, some of these authors do say, that many who mislead are not doing so on purpose..so that is true

It could be said they are lies to a higher consciousness yes. However it could also be said they are just limited understandings of a lower consciousness some of them complete lies and others just a lower correspondence to the higher. Perhaps it is just semantic difference.

I understand what you are saying, sir, and agree
Like layers of an onion..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've heard it said that all we need to do, to become authentic, is to first get authentic about our own INauthenticity, and only then, in being, shall we say, authentically inauthentic... can we hope to be the least bit real or true. Oh and to recognize that we are ALWAYS inauthentic, always running some racket or another in the background, always seeking approval in the sight of others, always wanting to "look good", to justify, to judge or try to avoid being judged, to dominate or avoid domination, etc., etc.

So, with THAT said, in order to look good, let me be the first to say that I'm full of it, and am almost always pretending, but I sure do try hard at it! In truth all my efforts are, for the most part done to look good, or to somehow win your approval and admiration, and maybe, as a lessor consideration, to be helpful to others, even though that was supposed to be my primary purpose..

True self expression is no easy thing. One would have to be a carefree nothing of sorts, with absolutely nothing to prove, or gain, give or take away, maybe even with nothing to say, and that's the paradox of being fully "self expressed" eh?

edit on 7-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: small, insignificant typo fixed in order to look good..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I think I see what you are saying and believe it is so. I feel a even stronger spirit in you than spoken. Real. Thanks for your imput.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

LOL very good! I'll join you and say yes believe nothing I say ( unless it is confirmed within) Any truth I might speak is pure luck and unintentional I am always running a game...

Sometimes the the hardest thing to do is be honest with yourself.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We know that you're just saying that of course to look good, but I beat you to it on this inauthenticity thing, sorry!

edit on 7-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: yet another tiny typo fixed just to look great and be perfect in your eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

With our own self?! Heh, I was just talking about being honest with others. We have an almost endless capacity for SELF delusion. That's another matter altogether! But maybe if we can begin to present honestly, then perhaps we can start to get honest with ourselves..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

LOL very good! I'll join you and say yes believe nothing I say ( unless it is confirmed within) Any truth I might speak is pure luck and unintentional I am always running a game...

Sometimes the the hardest thing to do is be honest with yourself.

LOL>.I'll join you both in saying..Im totally full of it..so now I suppose all of us will be running around saying, dont believe a word I say..im so full of bs..lol..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by howlnwolf59
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I think I see what you are saying and believe it is so. I feel a even stronger spirit in you than spoken. Real. Thanks for your imput.

You are very welcome..Im not sure what my spirit is as of yet..since Im still trying to peel away those layers..

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Your mind is making too much noise

I wish mine would shut TH up sometimes. I think I'm going to write that sentence and post it on my bulletin board. I have read Tolle's book, but never focused on that one sentence. It sums up my internal-environment very well.

Great information Yummy. I'm going to read it again.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by mydarkpassenger

That IS the correct title, sir..there are more than one of us..if you had but read

No, it is not correct, if you had but a minimal english education.

"Theirself" is correct or "thyself", depending on your meaning. "Theyself" is a non-existent usage approximating ebonics.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
thats official...alot op ppl dont have knowledge of thy self

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Your mind is making too much noise

I wish mine would shut TH up sometimes. I think I'm going to write that sentence and post it on my bulletin board. I have read Tolle's book, but never focused on that one sentence. It sums up my internal-environment very well.

Great information Yummy. I'm going to read it again.

You are welcome, Lady..and have to agree..profound statement! Mine does that often, my mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

That IS the correct title, sir..there are more than one of us..if you had but read

"Theirself" is correct or "thyself", depending on your meaning. "Theyself" is a non-existent usage approximating ebonics.

If you say so, sir

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Thank you for those videos..I had forgotten about this song..great tune.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What does it mean to know theyself? Socretese said a wise man knows himself But why do people that say they’ve gain enlightment Still practice self realization techniques? Or do they know but sometimes just forget who they are?

"Know theyself," without knowing who you are, you can't answer any of the broader questions about life...From the Matrix, the Oracle

Sir, I urge you not to get hung up on word spelling.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What it is mon, ire!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Cant see the forest for the trees?

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What does it mean to know theyself? Socretese said a wise man knows himself But why do people that say they’ve gain enlightment Still practice self realization techniques? Or do they know but sometimes just forget who they are?

"Know theyself," without knowing who you are, you can't answer any of the broader questions about life...From the Matrix, the Oracle

Sir, I urge you not to get hung up on word spelling.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

You misspelled "Socrates" as well.

Spelling and proper usage aid in putting your thoughts out. If you appear to be illiterate, most literate people will totally skip anything you have to say, no matter how important it actually is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join