It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid and girl attacks a man randomly. Should adults be allowed to fight back?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The best self defense is not being there in the first place. One should strive to always be aware of their environment at all times, especially in a big city.
The second best strategy in that hostile environment would be to leave the area.
When all other options are closed - strike swiftly, ruthlessly and decisively. Leave no room for doubt in the mind of any observer that you mean business and are a dangerous person.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
The best self defense is not being there in the first place. One should strive to always be aware of their environment at all times, especially in a big city.

I'm thousands of miles away from the USA, but wasn't this man just waiting at a Washington DC subway station ?

If he was working or travelling, then how could he not be at that subway station in the first place ?

Or would you suggest that he walks through the streets of DC to get home ?

Surely someone should be able to wait at a tube station without the worry of having his life put at risk ?!

edit on 7-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Well, Sherlock, we aren't really sure of all the facts in this case, now are we? My statement was a bit tongue and cheek, but also relevant to any situation. If you know you are in a bad area and you see marauding, hooded teens giving you hard looks, it could be an indication of danger. Might it be a wise thing to consider alternatives, or at least take up a safer position? Unfortunately there are dangerous people in the world. That is why we cherish the 2nd amendment here in Texas.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A swift punch to the stomach. Not life threatening, but it's definitely a jolt back to reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Unleash a load of pent up anger and hate on these useless, gutless, punks? I would relish it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is what should have happened:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would be crying and acting like a nutcase. Screaming, shouting and yelling Soon enough, those bystanders would be sick of the noise and come and help. Then it won't be my problem anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

that is funny!!! lol.

edit on 7-1-2011 by oswego because: needed to add another laughy face lol

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
if someone is going to get physical with me, I'd ve to say I'd stand my ground and control the situation, how ever that might have to happen.

I'd deal with the consequences later.

now then,

I chased, and cornered the guy that violently attacked my wife (a thief), in a 7-11.
there was nothing more I wanted to do but to beat him to his death. but I held my ground till the police came.
my wife aquired a major head injury from that night.

I made sure he did time.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well the video is kind of down so i can't watch it... But you do say adult so im guessing older then 20... and the kids are 11-12... Im pretty sure he shouldn't even have to use violence inless hes a some twigy old guy im almost sure he could just restrain them...its not hard to grab some one by there arm and twist and if there young theres no way there getting out of a grown man... Now i know theres to but come on now hes a adult if anything you can kick them in the shins cause that hurts like hell

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IllMannered

There is a time for sleep, it is not when we are in public,
you have much understanding grasshopper.
Always walk point mind.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I would put them in the floor by ANY means neccessary. If one or both lost a tooth or conciousness, so be it. Maybe they would rethink their idiocy next time. I would gladly (repeat) GLADLY pay the piper for my actions in this case.

Some things are worth standing up for, and I will be dam#ed if I sit in terror and fear of bullying, fearmongering teens.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I say just put em in an arm lock, not to hurt and not even to apply much pressure, just to get them to stop.
And if anyone else wants a fight? Then i can use force

But knowing me i would just snap their arms in half, i hate kids now-a-days, their so idiotic and its not even their fault, its the parents
edit on 7-1-2011 by moldy4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Okay, hm.

First, I would try to talk her out of the psycho persuasion.

Secondly, If that didn't work, I would knock her out. lol.

Lastly, I would resort to the above poster's plan:

From "ThinkingMe" (I love it).

I would be crying and acting like a nutcase. Screaming, shouting and yelling Soon enough, those bystanders would be sick of the noise and come and help.

I can always depend on the kindness of strangers. lol. (Tennessee Williams ?)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I see they've removed the video, but if you want a fight, this one should do just as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Where's Epic Beard Guy when you need him?
If he was around somebody would be taking a trip in the amberlamps!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't know about DC but here in Florida, whatever it is that hits you, adult or kid, you do have the right to defend yourself and won't be arrested, especially with all the taping and wirnesses around. In fact, in Florida you can push a person if they get in your face. Some kind of infringement on your personal space! I would kicked the boy in the gnads and they girl I would've punched in the nose, like the OP said!

I didn't see that it was a racial thing, in that case I would have been carrying a knife and they all would have gotten stabbed, the boy, the girl and whoever else decided to break bad on my butt!!!! I always carried a pocket knife in Philly and a mace can on my keyring!!! I don't care WHO T H E HECK the person is, they are not going to get over on this WHITE WITCH!!!!

edit on 7-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add stuff

edit on 7-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
People should be allowed to defend themselves and to teach their offenders a lesson of manner.

I dont care that is boy, girl, old, young; assault me and you will get at least one month rest in the hospital.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Problem is, there is a chance others will join into the fight once you swing at either..making your day go from bad to hospital.

I understand what you are saying. You are basically saying, that x times out of 10, if a white person attacks a black person who is attacking them, then the black person + their affiliations (probably mostly black as well) will join in on the attack on the white person.

I've seen it happen plenty of times because I live in an area where there is a significant border where one side can be called "black" and the other called "white".

It's a pattern, and one often ignored because of "political correctness". I remember when I was in high school (~1999) one of my good friends was having a fight with a black guy at the basketball court and after he hit the black guy in the jaw and knocked him over, the rest of the black guys (all of them, what the hell) immediately jumped on my friend like it was a race war.

... I just stood there, not thinking that I was really apart of this #.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Pull the belt off and go to town!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join