It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid and girl attacks a man randomly. Should adults be allowed to fight back?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A man just sitting in the DC metro when a kid walks up and hits him because its funny...kids about 11-12 years old. The man asks wtf was that all about. The kid just laughs
he then is hit from behind, this time by a girl..probably mid teens. She keeps hitting..full on. The onlookers are simply videoing it with a phone verses stepping in, or calling for authority.

What should the man's response be in this situation...just random violence for whatever reason..
What would you do?

My gut reaction is simple...the girl will stop swinging once she has to cup her nose from it being broken and bloodied..same with the kid, however, no doubt that would end up with me behind bars.
Still...it might do good to teach some lessons via broken bones

Source

On Sunday night, Allen Haywood was randomly and viciously attacked by two kids on the platform of the L’Enfant Plaza Metro station. Dozens of people witnessed it. Several people filmed it. Nobody helped.

Haywood was trying to transfer to the Yellow Line around 7:15 p.m. when the assault happened. He was headed home to Fort Totten after working out at Results on Capitol Hill, a gym bag slung over his shoulder and a book in his hands. As he read with his back to the station wall, “all of a sudden someone whacked me on the back of the head really hard,” he recalls.

edit on 7-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: meh

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would fight back in Self defense and then deal with whatever comes next...

edit on 7-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I would just set an example by hitting the kid so vary hard...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Problem is, there is a chance others will join into the fight once you swing at either..making your day go from bad to hospital.

Also, keep in mind, there is a race issue here. a white guy being hit because he is white in a black area.

Imagine what the response would be if the colors represented were changed and that was a black guy being hit by some whites and a bunch of whites standing around filming and watching for the hell of it.

(and no, this isn't a reverse race crime...its just a race crime.)

there is alot of sickening aspects to this.
edit on 7-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Three words, TC: Immobilize the bastards.

I mean, if some kid went to attack me, i'd make sure he's pinned to the ground, no damage, no stupid lawsuits from parents.

Of course, me being 12 right now is going to make things hard for me to defend myself... but still.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

True. Maybe. But in this example, there are only two.
Worth the risk.

ETA: Honestly, I would react. I doubt I would stop and think it all out and consider the what-if's. If I were assaulted, I would try to protect myself be that getting away, or if not possible, fighting back. I might lose, no doubt that is a risk...

edit on 7-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Uuugh, I actually found that really disturbing to watch... poor guy
But sure enough it happens a lot, and something does need to be done.
Personally, I would fight back in defense, like another poster also said, and deal with the rest later. I would love to kick their arses, but would probably just do as minimum injury as possible while giving them a good scare.
edit on 7-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Spell check... goos scare? Good scare

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, because most likely what will happen is that other adults will come in lately assuming YOU are the aggressor and will beat (bleep) out of you. Despite explaining that it was self-defense, people will use the lame excuse "but they are kids. How are you going to hit a kid?" Kids have innocence/ignorance protecting them. Plus, if the kids are beating on adults then that most likely mean they have bad parents.

I would subdue or restrain them, twist their arms until they cry uncle. Or use a good hit to wack out each kid.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yeah, situations like that can turn deadly quite fast...I am not sure that I would punch her, but I would definitely slam her rear into the ground in an armbar. You can restrain someone and get the point across. Now if two people are attacking you, be it teenagers or not, that will require full force striking and plenty of mobility to ensure you're survival.

There are plenty of cases of random violence by thugs, racists and low lives, it is a matter of being aware and knowing how to protect yourself.
edit on 7-1-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
What should the man's response be in this situation...just random violence for whatever reason..
What would you do?

Open a Can-O-Wupass on them.
Screw that. They are punks.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

True. Maybe. But in this example, there are only two.
Worth the risk.

No, there are more than two.
I walked through a black neighborhood occasionally when I was younger and I missed the bus from my school to home.
I got attacked for being white. a large group came up to me, one guy hit me, I swung back, and suddenly there were fists everywhere because I swung back.

luckily my feet were fast and there was a cop at the next corner.

If this guy hit one of theirs...ya..there would be a new level of crap to deal with.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I could not finish watching
I was becoming Irate !

After about 10 seconds of
being hit, I would have lost control.
And beat the thugs/kids/girls like
rag dolls and... they would have bled.

I would have went to Jail.
But they would learn to never
mess around with strangers ever again.

Peace

edit on America/Chicagopm4431America/ChicagoFri, 07 Jan 2011 14:57:44 -06001 3157 by BrainGarden because: claification

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I bet they were trying to provoke him to hit them so they could file a law suite. He showed remarkable restraint. Yeah my gut reaction would be a quick right cross to end the confrontation however he probably saved himself a whole lots of hassle court time and expense by restraining himself. Since they were just slapping at him and didn't really hurt him I think he did the right thing. He would have been justified in knocking them out but juries are notoriously stupid and emotional so it is not worth it to end up in front of one if you can avoid it.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ignore them for the scum they are they will grow up making the world you people wanted.
You lot always come out with these scenarios, but so what, let the kids do that on the streets, its just like what alot of people want to do anyway.

Personally i would just walk away. Let the human garbage on planet earth have all its rubbish. The police would be there arguing and enjoying the kids doing such things, and probably egging them on.

Most people on earth have no understanding of right and wrong, and the police would kill anyone who did, as they would do nothing to no one and the police need people to do rubbish. The police would enjoy such shows.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There's no such thing as "just a kid" when one assaults you.

Gangs will recruit their little cousins and neighborhood kids to kill and beat others because of the relatively low jail time the kid would face.

If anyone assaults you put them down any way you can.

There is no excuse or justification for aggression and defense of self is always justified.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Seriously though, think about it. Knife crime is exceptionally high, and the people carrying them are getting younger and younger.
What is an adult supposed to do if a kid is threatening him/her with a weapon like such? I realise this video wasn't that extreme, but it very easily could have been.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bildeberg

I mean, if some kid went to attack me, i'd make sure he's pinned to the ground, no damage, no stupid lawsuits from parents.

I agree. You hold the kid immobile. You are going to get flack of course. Been there and done that. The other option if at all possible is to make sure the kid doing the hitting hits something really nasty that HURTS. - Chainmail comes to mind

They are even on sale right now
www.realarmorofgod.com...

If I ever live in that type of neighborhood again that will be my FIRST purchase. I wonder what TSA would do when they try groping....

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Bildeberg

I agree. You hold the kid immobile. You are going to get flack of course. Been there and done that. The other option if at all possible is to make sure the kid doing the hitting hits something really nasty that HURTS. - Chainmail comes to mind

They are even on sale right now
www.realarmorofgod.com...

If I ever live in that type of neighborhood again that will be my FIRST purchase. I wonder what TSA would do when they try groping....

There were many 'little tarts', and holding 'one' down
would only leave you open for for more attacks, from other 'little tarts'
while down on the ground.doing what you should never do...Show weakness.
edit on America/Chicagopm2531America/ChicagoFri, 07 Jan 2011 15:08:25 -06001 3108 by BrainGarden because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would've knocked both of them the # out.

I don't care what their ages are; if they are attacking you the same way that grown men would, then you are well within your rights to smash their faces in.

If anything, I would say that it would be morally reprehensible not to punch their lights out... If you let them get away with assaulting you, then they will probably do it again and again until they get stopped.

A broken jaw or flattened nose will make them realise the perils of messing with strangers, seeing as their parents are evidently incapable of keeping these scrotes in check.

edit on 7-1-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
Seriously though, think about it. Knife crime is exceptionally high, and the people carrying them are getting younger and younger.
What is an adult supposed to do if a kid is threatening him/her with a weapon like such? I realise this video wasn't that extreme, but it very easily could have been.

And the reason these things are getting worse? Because people are too scared to defend themselves and parents are too lazy to raise their kids responsibly.

In nature, a violent member of the herd would be beaten into submission by the elders, in our society we are told that physical punishment is wrong. Weak parents with no idea of nature not only refuse to use physical punishment to educate their kids, but then then fail completely to instill any moral compass either!

It's NOT wrong to physically punish another member of your species for being violent, it's nature maintaining the correct balance.

By denying that the Human race are animals, we are causing irreparable harm to social structure. We have not evolved to a point where saying "don't do that, it's bad" would be enough. We still need the natural fear of physical harm to educate against extreme violence.

I am completely against such punishment being dealt by a government, but I fully expect that if I act violently toward another Human they have every right to beat my ass into next week.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join