It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
please overlook my lack of capitalization and indentation . please overlook my failed grammar , i know so many of you have little else to do except find faults in others .
i first noticed this site a few months ago , became a member , and began to devour the info that was posted here . as i read post after post i began to see a pattern of sarcasm that was neither asked for nor wanted from a site that s
eeks the truth . i thought that it was our responsibility as ats members to enlighten other members with our knowledge and experience . all to soon i found insults and degradation for people who simply did not know the answers to their questions . too many people on here seek to be the intellectually snobbish and want to feel smarter by making others look ignorant . we are all here because we seek answers outside the box if a fellow atser doesn't know something ............... bring them in the know , don't insult them because they don't have 12 hours a day to google everything that crosses their mind . WE ARE PEOPLE WHO SEEK TRUTH OUTSIDE THE NORM AND LIKE IT OR NOT THAT MAKES US ALIKE IN MANY WAYS , ALMOST A SORT OF FAMILY , IF YOU WILL .

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drell777
as i read post after post i began to see a pattern of sarcasm that was neither asked for nor wanted from a site that s
eeks the truth .

Welcome to the internets.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by drell777

Have you posted the wrong thread? The title has no relation to the OP and has nothing to do with UFO’s. In the contest of this forum and this title your OP makes no sense (no am not being “intellectually snobbish”)

I also disagree with you, if you find sarcasm so offensive get over it, on ATS we can’t just have a all out argument with some very colourful insults and language being used so sarcasm is the best alternative. Sometimes a users thread is so stupid and utterly ridiculous that it’s not a case of being intellectually snobbish it’s a case of being intellectually correct, if you fail to recognise when you are wrong people will resort to sarcasm and intellectually dominating you. This happens to us all eventually.

I disagree with your last statement, not everyone on ATS seeks information that is out of the norm, allot of us seek the spectacular only looking for the massive conspiracies and the paranormal and yes that is out of the what you call the norm. Others and sometimes I think the minority seek to find the truth, sometimes that can be very boring and normal truth, facts if you will. Different people hold different truth’s and as a result very few people on ATS are the similar.

What you were saying about people picking up on spelling and grammar though really does annoy me.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Let me guess , you peddle your theories and ideas and when they are rejected those people are not "seeking the truth"? Kinda goes with "deny ignorance".
You agree with me = Deny ignorance = Truth seeker
You disagree with me = you are ignorant = not truth seeker.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

What you were saying about people picking up on spelling and grammar though really does annoy me.

I'm not surprised and took a couple of moments to asterisk some of your errors and omissions...

I also disagree with you, if you find sarcasm so offensive * get over it, on ATS we can’t just have a* all out argument with some very colourful insults and language being used* so *sarcasm is the best alternative. Sometimes a user*s thread is so stupid* and utterly ridiculous* that it’s not a case of being intellectually snobbish* it’s a case of being intellectually correct,* if you fail to recognise when you are wrong* people will resort to sarcasm and intellectually dominating you. This happens to us all eventually.

I disagree with your last statement, not everyone on ATS seeks information that is out of the norm, allot* of us seek the spectacular* only* looking for the massive conspiracies and the paranormal *and yes* that is out of the* what you call *the norm.* Others* and sometimes I think the minority* seek to find the truth, sometimes that can be very boring and* normal truth, facts if you will.* Different people hold different truth’s* and as a result very few people on ATS are the* similar.

Just joking

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
In the contest of this forum and this title your OP makes no sense (no am not being “intellectually snobbish”)

Contest? What contest? What is the prize?

OH I get it now!!! You meant 'context'

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by drell777bring them in the know , don't insult them because they don't have 12 hours a day to google everything that crosses their mind .

Sorry sarcasm is a great tool... and I am not here to 'bring them in the know'. And those that have no time to google a subject (or follow provided links) are certainly not seekers of any truth... they usually want to be spoon fed and eat only what suits their taste.

If your not willing to take the time to research a topic, then how will you ever find truth?

top topics

join