It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO. NASA says it’s space junk.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Some anomallies on official released NASA pics.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da988c41bf79.jpg[/atsimg]

Turn off the sound, the music too loud, but the finding is very interesting.

Sincerely, this does not seem to be space junk to me. Not at all.

What do you think it is?

edit on 5-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

Thanks to Chadwickus for the pic.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d59cf0485b48.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-1-2011 by RUSSO because: add picture

edit on 6-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
God... Is that YOU?!

Looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Seriously though, what the hell is that? A crack in the camera lens would be my totally ignorant guess based upon absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Um, wow. Seriously? Yeah, I guess it could be something alien or ufo related, but the better half of my brain is telling me things that kinda point the other direction.

It is sad that some are so desperate to believe in some convoluted conspiracy that that will go to such lengths in order to try convincing others to join their ignorant, delusional religion. There is nothing here, other than the typical stuff you get when you dip your toes in the waters of Ufology.

I don't see how promoting stuff like this makes any sense? Maybe I have been around too long, or the ability to use common sense, reason and logic has caused be to be a little on the hard side when it comes to this stuff....oh how I long for the days where I was so eager to believe...........damn my knowledge, maturity and experience. Life is no fun anymore, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
What do you think it is?

A space tree?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

SPACE JUNK?! ?!?$!@#

They think that big veined eye thing is space junk??!?@?!??@##!!!!!!!

That's the most peculiar looking "space junk" I've ever seen....

I mean I don't believe in aliens or anything, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it AINT "space junk"
edit on 6-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Old mate on youtube didn't need to go to all that trouble because it shows up in the original anyway.

history.nasa.gov...

I also doubt that NASA called this space junk.

And I also doubt that this is more than some sort of image artifact, since if it were, it wouldn't have been released and since it's on the original, it couldn't have been missed as the guy on youtube is alluding to.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

It is sad that some are so desperate to believe in some convoluted conspiracy that that will go to such lengths in order to try convincing others to join their ignorant, delusional religion.

I think you IQ is flowing through your ears. Always the same nonsense. Always the same ITF. But do not worry, I'm not trying to convince anyone here, but you're well desperate to appear on every UFO thread that appears. Dont you? And religion, want to talk about religion? Go to a church.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow chad, this is great. First time I see it. But you are here a long time. I will upload this. Thanks again. SFY

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I uploded this in the first post

Thanks again Chadwickus.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM spaghetti, I hope it flies this way!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

a space tree, lmfao...Charlie Brown would be proud Tempesillest!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Maybe I have been around too long, or the ability to use common sense, reason and logic has caused be to be a little on the hard side when it comes to this stuff....oh how I long for the days where I was so eager to believe...........damn my knowledge, maturity and experience. Life is no fun anymore, lol.

Yeah I here ya... you do need to get out more and live a little. I mean seriously, dude... all this mania you have about being surrounded by kooks and quacks is not healthy....

I mean it is plainly obvious what we are seeing in that NASA photo... it's the Crystaline Entity...

So this is an 'Image Artifact'?
Well please DO tell us what camera glitch caused this

edit on 6-1-2011 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I does not look to be something manufactured. It looks natural and all fractal like. It looks to me like it is a hole/rip in space or space time with power/energy coming through. A connections of two places that are at different energies.
Since it appease as one picture that was edited this way I would like to see others in the vid also done with this and see if the branches or bolts or whatever are static or dynamic.
edit on 6/1/11 by remembering because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Zorgon, I reposted your pic.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/864656694eb6.jpg[/atsimg]

I have to THANK YOU for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Great Find!

Thanks Russo & Chadwikus.

S&F.

Seriously, I want to know what NASA boffins say about this......

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

They never say nothing that matters anyway

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I haven't seen that particular debris photo before, but it does look similar to an object that was seen tumbling in one or two of the STS launch videos, perhaps someone can remember & post. I have never really heard an explanation as to what type of debris, but I think the talk was some crystallized fuel that had leaked out of the tank after or during separation from the orbiter. If they were venting any other liquids in space I imagine that they would freeze & crystallize quite rapidly and could even build up like Icicles & then break off and become UFO's or as NASA says debris.
edit on 6-1-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Well there are two points of interest in the video, and therefore on the shot being discussed. First there is the small apparantly cylinder or rod shaped object, verticaly aligned , below the image of Earth. It is not of entirely uniform shape, but could concievably be an artifact of the process by which the pictures are taken and transmitted, and then produced for public veiw.
In regards to the "space tree" (freakin marvelous turn of phrase, well done!) it reminds me very much of the results of an experiment which involves a thick lump of transparant acrylic material which is charged, and having a nail in the top of it, which is then hit with a hammer (also charged) creating the effect of trapped lightning.

www.youtube.com...

Now obviously, I do not believe that some scientificaly minded mischeif maker has floated up to the camera in space, and given it a slap with an electric hammer, but I wonder if there are any energy formats at the distance of that camera from the Earth, which might create a very short duration discharge of visible energy that might account for this anomoly .

By the way, Im a believer, but a) devils advocate is a good role to be in and b) science, and adherance to its principles of evidence, and examination are, I believe the only keys to unlocking the secrets of the universe, life, and life outside our solar system. Blind belief is something I reserve solely for God, but has no place in science.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If NASA says it's space junk, I say it's made up. It looks like the back of one's eye - the retina with blood vessels. I don't know why NASA would include the perspective of the planet in the background. Something just doesn't look right.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Crystalline Entity. Could you elaborate, got me interested...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join