It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO. NASA says it’s space junk.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

Glad I made your day, good to see you back. Your comments go worldwide

HADES - FTL_Navigator

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

On a particular day when I was a child I was kept indoors due to some illness and was unable to go out to play when my friends called in the early evening. Later I heard a commotion in the street and peering out I saw that there were lots of neighbours standing outside looking up. My friends called back moments later and told me what everyone had been looking at. They'd seen the silhouette of an aerial object slowly cross the moon. It was described by everyone, adults included, as a dark object that looked exactly like a tree- an elongated trunk and a cluster of branches. It's one of my greatly regretted misses!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
wOw!

That is weird.

It seems like the first thing that it looks like to me is some kind of " lightning entrance thing" in space ..

A portal of sorts to travel through...

Like in the book by Dean Koontz "Lightning"...

Thats how they time traveled !

Just what came to mind.

edit on 6-1-2011 by RUFFREADY because: spellning

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The problem is that most of the community and not only, still assume that only a metallic like object's are or alien origin, then again i shouldn't complain, it does make life so much easier.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by Arken

They never say nothing that matters anyway

edit on 6-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

Is your "I'm-ignorant-and-I-LIKE-it-that-way" T-shirt at the cleaners? Maybe you could just write it on your forehead.

There have been lots of NASA and astronaut comments about lots of the most famous (and some obscure) photo funnies over the past few decades, and for most folks around here, the strategy has always been:

1. do not read the NASA/astronaut comments
2. mock them for NOT making explanatory comments
3. loop to step 1

Locking yourself into an intellectual ghetto may allow your imagination to run fully free,
but it prevents any serious interlock with reality -- perhaps the main intent of that approach?

Sad -- because the chance is always there that something truly anomalous could/would
show up outside a spacecraft, and then would be lost in the avalanche of 'noise' generated
by the eager-believers. And that's NOT a good thing.

ADD:
Check out related views at
AS08-13-2380
Whole magazine: history.nasa.gov...
Hi-res of this frame:
history.nasa.gov...

...and see just how much link and smears are on every shot in random locations.

Clearly these are scans of original prints without scrupulous cleaning of the prints and optics.

Isn't one more clue that the OP's view shows STARS on the dark side of Earth?

And can we agree that the OP's title for this thread is a fib?

edit on 6-1-2011 by JimOberg because: add links

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Honestly, it looks like a piece of turf with a small bush growing out of it.
How could that be?
Long shot: Remember in Washington state and more recently in Sweden the large, very mysterious chunks of earth that seemed to be lifted up from the terrain and deposited some feet away? Maybe this is part of those or another similar event.
Short shot:
The landing pad of a UFO hooked that piece of turf via the bush and carried it aloft...way aloft.

Where or where is Charles Fort? He would have loved this mystery!
edit on 6-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Do you have a link to the story or site where you obtained this from?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Okay hold your horses..

All you are looking at is ICE on the window that the image was taken from. (similar to what you see when on an aircraft)
The other long object could be anything.. If you over brighten the entire image look at how much 'other' stuff there is.
Really this is not as exciting as anything taken from the SOHO images.
I tried to attach the over brightened image but this forum doesn't allow it?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The photograph was taken on the translunar coast by the crew of Apollo 8. The object appears in other photographs in the series, which can be found here. The fractal structure is characteristic of water ice. To the best of my knowledge, NASA has never called it "space junk."

During the time it took me to track down the original photo by way of an Italian UFO blog and a "NASA lies" web-page, Jim Oberg beat me to the punch. Good work! I'd just like to add that such blogs and web pages seem to make it intentionally difficult to properly investigate their claims.
edit on 6-1-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCrysis

It could be ice, it could be some sort of previously unknown phenomena and it could also be some of that electric universe thing happening. Our planet has a huge magnetic field it wouldn't surprise me if there is some sort of discharge from time to time. Either way interesting and I'd be keen to see what scientists and NASA say about this.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Frost on window looks quite different. Here's a link to Google images that show a plethora of frost on windows close up.

Similar, but different enough to discount in my opinion. Also the image in question looks further away than the glass would have been to the photo taker.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My heart actually skipped a beat seeing this. I posted this a few months ago.

Strange Light in the Sky?

There is no real good photographic evidence for what I saw, but this image is exactly what it looked like. It may be a coincidence, but it's uncanny.

edit on 6/1/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's a static artifact. Get them on X-rays.
i209.photobucket.com...
edit on 1/6/2011 by rleexray because: Pasted wrong code for image

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
ice forming on the glass

what else could it be ?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rleexray

Very similar and would make sense if this was a radiological image, but it's not. Personally, I believe it to be spiritual in nature.

P.S. Research static electricity in Space. www.universetoday.com...
edit on 6-1-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: Added P.S.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They can be crystal structures, crystal life forms or something like that considering
those strange spaceships orbiting the earth captured by one guy I cannot remember
his name now.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
reply to post by rleexray

Very similar and would make sense if this was a radiological image, but it's not. Personally, I believe it to be spiritual in nature.

P.S. Research static electricity in Space. www.universetoday.com...
edit on 6-1-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: Added P.S.

I really can't see what you are getting at. Static is even more of a problem in space (lack of a ground) than it is in an atmosphere. X-rays are taken w/ film and CCDs. So if taken w/ an Astronaut's camera in space in an artificial atmosphere you can get static artifacts (film). Taken from a CCD on a satellite can get them as well (happens to x-ray CCDs and image processors). Basically the same equipment producing the same results. Ever heard of Occam's Razor.

edit on 1/6/2011 by rleexray because: embedding picture

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That’s the strangest thing I’ve ever seen! It doesn't even look real either it's so random. Not saying it is but wow

If it really is space junk then that’s formed into something pretty amazing, who knows maybe the daedalus just popped out of hyperspace..

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Some anomallies on official released NASA pics.

This looks like some fungi spore germinating on the photo and mycelium growing.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I must to say it AGAIN:

They NEVER says nothing that matters anyway.

And ignorance is what makes people like you talk crap like that. But of course you should believe what NASA says, because every day the number of fools increases more and more in the world.

Always has a ignorant beast to point the finger at others and look away from its own rottenness.

So, go find a mirror.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join