It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Police Brutality *CAUGHT Red Handed*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Careful. That's slowly being written into laws in various states as illegal. In other words, they'll beat you to a pulp and you'll like it. No exceptions. No substitutions.

Welcome to the United Police State of America. Land of the mediocre and home of the collapsible baton.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I take it you have never had some drunk jerkoff invade your personal space. I have. It is not an enjoyable experience. If he would have let go after the first 6 wacks with the baton, he would have never gotten the 7th... or the pepper spray for that matter.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Sorry, but that article is a product of a well-known spin syndication.

I'll take my chances hearing witness testimony first-hand.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Did you see the same video I saw? How could you tell he was grabbing at the officer?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Of course I have, I live next door to a club. Problem is, the video doesn't show a drunk entering his personal space, then him defending himself. It shows the security guard entering his personal space, tossing him facefirst to the pavement, then wacking him with a baton. Then a pepper spray for good measure.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Did you read the article in the OP? I did. You may want to do that. Yeah the guy got smacked. With good reason. If some drunk jerkoff wants to invade my personal space by grabbing/hugging my ankles and not letting go, you best believe I would forcibly remove him from me. That cop deserves a medal for having to deal with D-bags like the drunk idiot.

To add, HIS FRIENDS are the ones that went and got the cop in the first place. Kinda funny that they all just stood there and watched. Hell, one even lit up a smoke and kicked back while watching his friend get smacked. Not much concern on his face.

Ask yourself this, If the friends had not went and got the cop/security guy, and told him that their friend was acting like a D-bag outside, would he ever had to get pulled out of the car in the first place. Like I said.. that cop deserves a medal for having to put up with the drunken assclownedness of that tardcard.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No, they did not film low enough for you too see the drunk idiot grabbing the cops ankles. Read the article in the OP. That should explain what the witnesses reported.

Since you have encountered the drunk idiots next to your bar. If one grabbed on to your ankles and would not let go.. what would you do after repeatedly telling him to let go??

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

I read the article, and most of it is quoting the owner of the gas station, who will probably be defending a lawsuit in the near future. Like I am really going to take his word as gospel, over what a videotape shows. It shows the security guard entering the other guy's personal space, and throwing him on the ground. If a guy threw me down on my face, I would do a lot worse than grab a leg if I still had my wits about me after my head bounced off the pavement.

And to answer your question, what would I do if a drunk guy grabbed my leg. Hmm, I would say "Hey rambo, come get this guy off my leg." The bouncer would then peel said drunk off my leg, and pull him into the office. If a friend did not offer the drunk a ride home, he would call the mounties, and they will gladly give him a ride home. No I don't beat a person up for stupid things like that, I would rather stay out of trouble.
edit on Thu, 06 Jan 2011 00:36:16 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Speaking of video tape and lawsuits. I would love to see ALL of the security footage that I am sure was taken by the gas station cameras. Also, If the friends went and told the cop their friend was acting like an idiot, per the article, then you should be blaming the moronic friends and not the cop. They initiated what turned in to the cop smacking and pepper spraying the dude. Some friends he has, huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

You keep calling him a cop, he was not a cop at the time of the incident, he was a security guard. I will agree, that his friends are probably jerks. I would not be friends with people that call a rentacop over, then just watch as said rentacop beat me up. Acting like an idiot or running your mouth, does not give a security guard the right to assault someone.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh wow, the fact that he was on duty as a security guard rather than a cop is an interesting twist. I have been to many security training classes and this was textbook what-not-to-do.

What would I do if a drunk person was laying on the ground holding my ankles? I would probably take a few steps back and snap some pictures. That guy was a threat to nobody but himself.

He certainly didn't deserve getting a baton to the head. I clearly heard someone in the video exclaim "He hit him in the head!"
edit on 6-1-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

MISDEMEANORS
Misdemeanors are offenses that are punishable by a fine and/or term in the county jail. The following two conditions must exist in order for you to arrest a person on a misdemeanor charge:
1. The misdemeanor must have been attempted or committed.
2. It must have taken place (happened) in your presence.

 DISTURBING THE PEACE (415 PC) Unlawfully fighting in a public place or challenging to
fight; malicious and willful disturbances of another by loud and unreasonable noise; using offensive words to provoke a violent reaction.

 TRESPASSING (602 PC) Entering posted property without permission. Damaging or destroying property, or refusing to leave when asked by the owner or his agent.

the security guard could arrest him legally, at least in california. There are your two misdemeanors. This is from a security guard manual for the state of California (page 38 if you are interested)

edit on 6-1-2011 by Vizzle because: added page #

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

They have the authority to make a citizen's arrest, just as any yahoo on the street has. But the stipulation here is that the crime must have been committed in their presence. We really need to see the minutes preceding what is available to know if this was a justified arrest. According to the article, the friends had to go and get the security guard to help - that implies he did not see the illegal actions of the suspect.

A police officer can arrest based on hearsay, but not a security guard.

I still don't believe that an unarmed man lying on the ground can be so much of a threat that he needs his mouth clubbed. But let's say the beating is justified, he is THEN pepper sprayed after he was already subdued - that undoubtedly oversteps reasonable force.

I read the news article, and this really jumped out at me

"...It was unnecessary, the kid never moved whenever he hit the ground so there was no reason for him to get hit that many times or pepper sprayed," said the man who shot the cell phone video.

edit on 6-1-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: clarification

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He was obviously bullied at school. Now he feels the need to pass on that abuse. What will happen to the people who video'd it anyway? Isn't it illegal now in America?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"But the owner of Joel's Shell Food Mart at I-55 and Arsenal in south city says the force was justified because the officer was trying to subdue a man who was intoxicated."

Justified . Anyone who has dealt with drunken fools knows how frustrating it can b

Driving intoxicated ? what if the police never pulled him over ? and he killed someone ? Then the headlines would be police didn't do his job ?

This video is a good lesson for the next loud mouth drunk . Why talk the smack if you can't back it up ?

kudus to officer

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sick, wrong and inhumane.

*snip* joke

edit on 6-1-2011 by gallopinghordes because: to remove censor circumvention

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I like the part where the police officer goes to strike the guy for the third time but clips the car door with his baton.The officer then closes the car door so that he can hit the guy on the floor with a little more power and accuracy. Absolutely disgusting. Hang your head in shame "officer".

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Most states grant some police powers to some classes of private security officers. Those security officers are often refered to as commisioned security officers, special police or special officers. However their law enforcement powers are restricted to the properties they are assigned to protect and only when they are on duty. If that's not enough, some states (and under some federal laws) have private police. Their police powers and jurisdictions vary from state to state. So yes private security in some situations may legaly and physically handcuff others.

Please refer to my above post to see the descriptions of just two of the crimes committed. Disturbing the Peace and Trespassing. You could also go with Public Intoxication, DUI (since he was pulled from the drivers seat), Assault (grabbing the guards ankles is assault), and probably a few others if they want to stack charges. I gave descriptions above of the two most obvious.

edit on 6-1-2011 by Vizzle because: added last paragraph

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Nice to see his mates jump in. If a copper did that to one of my mates and it wasn't justified I would be on the pig.

Especially there was 3 of them, should have bashed him up and been on their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join