It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Years Police Brutality *CAUGHT Red Handed*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Who beats a man when he's down?

A coward.

Who stands around watching their friend get beat while he's down?

Cowards.

America is a nation of cowards.

What those friends should have done, ALL OF THEM, was get between the security guard and their friend. Told the security guard to calm down, while the others tell their friend to put his hands behind his back so that the now calm security guard can handcuff him.

Instead they just looked around like a bunch of Shirleys. Man up guys.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The type of humanoids that wants to be a cop....

-I wonder if it's hereditary, braindamage, malnutrition, or childhood traumas?

If it's genetic, I guess their kind were bred for cannon fodder; not for making choices...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why doesnt the news say it as it is?

The guy got brutally beaten with a night stick to his face and then the cop sprayed mace in his wounds. (If pepper spray hurts when your face isnt smashed in, imagine how it feels when it is)

As others have mentioned, the cop should have obviously been fired instead of being put on administrative duty. Not only should he have been fired immediately, but the cop should also be charged with a crime. The reason they do this is because they get away with it, and the reason they get away with it because they just have an "internal investigation", and there is nothing we can do about it.

Oh, and the gas station owner is a giant dick, I would never go to that gas station again if I lived there.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Here's a question for you. What if the same fat cop rolled up on an equal number of Hells Angels gassing up their bikes? Do you think the baton and pepper spray would come out or do you think he waves and goes inside for a donut?
At the very least he stays out of sight and calls for backup. I think we all saw what these folks are made of during Katrina, self serving, arrogant and in the business for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Violence isn't the right solution but being a coward is far worse. I feel sad for the people defending this abuse.

www.youtube.com... These people at least had the guts to do something when they witness abuse.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I agree. It's fat cops like this girl who thinks their tough because they have a badge on and they have authority. This guy should be fired and charged with a crime, but he will more than likely get away with it because they get to break all the laws they want and get either no or less punishment.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
with friends like this guys friends who needs enemies huh. I love how the one guy lights up a smoke after watching his friend get beaten and the other two just watch and don't say a thing

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

If a cop tried that around here, he'd have a mouthful of his own CS gas. It amazes me that those kids just stood there, didn't even flinch, while this cop is casually beating up their friend.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok. I dunno. If it was my friend being beaten, that cop would get his ass handed to him. Nothing justifies what that pig did. Ok pepper spray him, cuff him, book him. That's fine. But beat him and he does nothing out of fear and then pepper spray. I'm supprised he didn't tase him too. OUR group of friends would of not let that stand at all. And we would of gotten probation only and that cop would of lost his job. Abuse of power is not acceptable. I understand that police officers have stressfull jobs for sure. But go on sick leave or be psychologicly evaluated if don't feel quite up to the task. One wrong hit and the person dies. That blood would be on YOUR hands. Your being put in a position of power when you have a badge. You're supposed to be trained to keep your cool and stay composed under pressure when your a cop. So, I beleive that if you over step your boudaries you should be reprimanded two folds for your barbaric actions.
edit on 6-1-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by XLR8R because: type o's and what not.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
WOW, do I now live in THAILAND? The man could have alcohol poisoning and you're gonna beat him and pepper spray him? He is a bit rude but non-violent, so beating is the answer? Time for a psych evaluation...

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
wow that is sickening. how could someone be so cruel? the guy wasn't even defending himself.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Yeah i believe the cop was fired.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Never, ever bite a cop on the ankle.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think the cop was a "rent a cop" because he had no gun or ammo pouches nor did he have a radio on his uniform. Well his "cop" days are coming to an end I think.

The drunk got pulled from the car and immediately fell on the ground and did nothing. So why the beating? He probably said something the "cop" didn't like. If I was standing there I'd have stopped the beating and cuffed the "cop" then called the real police.

Damn shame.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why doesn't anybody who is involved in these kinds of incidents with this kind of proof try to go after these officers with charges of domestic terrorism because thats what most of these types of incidents are classified as isn't it seems they are acting to terrorize the public with threats and harassment over every little thing and if you don't comply with orders they think they can do anything they want totally unjustified and they don't seem to care to much who sees it anymore i hate it .

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
We are all responsible for this nonsense, we green lighted it in the sixties when our parents let police beat black men for being black men.

Starred.

It's funny, but I have been saying this for the last few years whenever one of these threads pop up where people are justifiably shocked at the brutality, but (astoundingly) seem to feel this is brand new.

No one did anything about the numerous complaints and frightening evidence of police brutality in the poorer minority communities and hardly anyone was rallying behind the movement to stop these abuses but a handful of sympathetic outraged people and those feeling or having been victimized.

Simply because White America wrote those people off as criminals or whiners that was probably deserving of the harsh treatment they received. You hear that quite often on the most popular Talk Radio shows, and so because we thought we couldn't relate, the outcry was dull.

Remember Amadou Diallo shot in a hail of 41 bullets for trying to show officers the ID they requested, and the officers acquitted? Remember Abner Louima? He was severely injured after being sodomized by a broom in a bathroom by officers. Well must not have been much of an outcry, because it just happened again to Michael Mineo...and the officers were acquitted. Even though a Transit Police officer testified on the victims behalf as a witness to the horror of him being sodomized by a baton.

Hell, there were so many people justifying the beating of Rodney King you just had to wonder what the hell was going on in this Country.

How often did we hear "he deserved it for speeding" or "he was on drugs"?
This guy was drunk and unruly...so did he deserve this?

NOW...look what happened...it's in our backyard. It's happening more and more blatantly to White citizens, and peoples eyes are bugging out as if some Officers have recently lost their minds so a police State is around the corner.

This is nothing new.

We fostered the environment with our own indifference, ignorance and apathy.

We will reap what we sow.

- Lee
edit on 6-1-2011 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Are you serious OP? Really?

Well since you have drawn all of your conclusions from this video that only shows half of what is going on, I will present you with the flip side of the coin.

First, a sworn police officer is always a police officer. Not just when on duty. If you are in your jurisdiction, you may enforce any law that applies. If you are out of your jurisdiction, you may only take police action if it is a felony or if someone's safety is in jeopardy. Yes he was off duty. Yes he was working part time at a gas station in his jurisdiction. The second he was forced to take police action he became an on duty police officer.

Second, the guy was drunk and causing a problem. Not just for the police officer but for his friends and anyone else at the gas station including the people taking the video. He was asked to leave by an agent of the business. He did not choose to do so and commenced to cause a scene. Based on this account of the situation you have trespassing and disorderly conduct. The guy tells the cop to shut up so the officer attempts to make an arrest for those crimes. Obviously, the guy is not complying if he is telling the officer to shut up so the officer goes to remove him from the vehicle.

This is where the video you are judging everything off of fails you. At no time do you see what the guy is doing on the ground due to shoddy camera work. Did you stop to think the guy filming it intentionally shot it like that so he could upload it to Youtube and get a lot of hits on the video? You assume that the guy is laying there with his hands behind his back waiting to be arrested and the officer commences to beat him with his asp baton. We have other accounts that say the guy grabbed the officer around his ankles.

If you put your hands on a police officer, the next step in use of force is pepper spray or asp baton. The officer does not start wailing away, he strikes and then yells commands. The guy does not comply so he is struck again. You can not see in the video where the officer is striking the guy. Hands, legs and arms are ok. Head, back, neck and groin are not. The officer then resorts to pepper spray which works. The cuffs are on the guy and the use of force stops. He is taken away and arrested.

Third, the guy himself did not file a complaint against the police. Would'nt you think that with that many witnesses if the drunk guy sobered up and thought to himself, "man that cop beat me for no reason" he would file a complaint? No he did not. Probably because he woke up the next day and said to himself, "man I should not have done that last night."

If it weren't for shoddy camera work and someone yelling POLICE STATE! you police bashers would have nothing to get all fired up over and feed off of each other's anger.

All I can ask for is the level headed people that read this will realize that, yes, the video looks bad but when you look at the whole picture the officer may have just been handling business. Is it pretty? No. Do police have to handle business sometimes? Yes.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Please read the article before making comment. It is obvious you only watched the video which provided you with only 40% of the entire incident. By saying he fell out of the vehicle and did nothing on the ground, it is clear you made up the other 60% the video did not show.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
[color=#33FF33]This is not the law enforcement Americans deserve. It is not the law enforcement guaranteed to us under the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
[color=#FF0000]There needs to be civilian review of all police actions. I do not understand why there are not civilian revue boards of police departments. These monsters have power unrestrained. When they do something wrong they can sometimes collect a full salary for years while their cases work through the system costing us the taxpayers a fortune.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join