It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks' Most Terrifying Revelation: Just How Much Our Government Lies to Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It's seeing things like that that make me cringe!

And OP great post S+F. These are the most important things to get out to the people, everyone needs to know that we are being lied to! When the powers that be want something they will lead us down the river, twist reality, and bombard us with propaganda.

It's becoming very VERY obvious.

I'm upset that more people AREN'T upset about how we were lied into the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's really coming out now that that's what happened and i just don't hear enough about it. These criminals need to be accountable for their crimes. Just like all the American people that commit crimes and are being exploited. The good people that make simple mistakes and are drug through the Correctional MUDS. If you're going to arrest someone for carrying around .5 grams of pot, then arrest the politicians that are lieing us into wars and stealing our money!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

Agreed.

The biggest problem is, as I alluded to in my opening statement on this thread, that although this information is coming out, virtually NO ONE on the bought-and-paid-for Mainstream outlets are discussing the actual materials!

The focus has been nearly entirely on Assange. He is not of the primary importance here, the REVELATIONS are. But the gov and corpomedia shills are very cleverly MISDIRECTING attention off of this. Because they are unbelievably guilty of criminality and corruption to the highest concievable level.

It will be up to US to spread the word and educate others in our circles of what is going on.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
well I have to say this is not shocking news,only confirmation of what most ATSers have known for years

one only has to look at the difference between reality and what any news media or government /corporate spokespeople have to say and there you go . There is no similarity at all ,and hasn't been as far back as I can remember. It's why I came to ATS in the first place to talk to other people who can see through the lies

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lol, I blame Goldman-Sachs and HAARP for every one of our country's problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainGarden
Right on target man,
All MSM is funneled through DOD/Administration.
The Government ONLY LIES.
They are incapable of telling the truth, if
they did, their house of cards would come crashing down.

good, i could go for a game of 52 pickup

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
people just dont wont to know.
they wont to pretend its all ok.
deep down they know and are scared.
they dot wont the war that it will start.

how long has mankind been trying to get it right?
look at france, they had there revolution.
and look what it got them!
Nothing...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrayZ
A really solid quote i love. A people should not dear it's government. Government should dear it's people. So long as they are in power, and CAN lie they will. What you gonna do to stop them right? They have the power and we don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well actually by the foundations of the US and the Constitution we do have the power. It's just to many of us have given up on ever doing anything and becoming complacent. If you want change then work towards change. The government serves the people not the other way around and its high time we the people take the power back.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I thought this was common knowledge. The fact that we have alphabet organizations like the CIA and words like "top secret" should be enough to paint a basic picture.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It is clearly no revelation to most of us. I have known that our government are worthless liars for decades. I have also been looked down upon by family and acquaintances for verbalizing my opinions on the subject. This is no surprise. And with all the negative mainstream attention wikileaks has received, this revelation may not convince your hard core brainwashed government defenders, either.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How come the UN is not pressuring the US because of this...

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Of course the gov wants more war it gives them more power and lets them go after what they want freely, but they have a strange influence over the majority of Americans.
When the Iraq war was started i was so against it, but even in our small town if you were not flying the flag in your yard and all out for the war you were labeled UN-American!
How can it happen over and over. So quickly the USA population turn on their brothers and sisters and tell them they should shut up and should have no right to free speech! They say you hate our troops (even tho many like myself have family in military) it feels as though there is a control over the populace far stronger then just normal power of persuasion it is totally scary!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

People please. This is not news...

Prior to wikileaks, no one knew that politicians and government officials lie?

We have known this for decades. We've also known to what extent, its massive. From the installation of dictators, to back door dealings like Iran Contra, to false flag attacks to experimenting on our own citizens to dealing drugs...its all been declassified or exposed long before wikileaks.

This is not to say that I am anti whistle blowers. Not at all. As a matter of fact, we have to rely on whistle blowers and the FOIA if we are to ever learn the truth.

I am arguing that Assange is a fake, a phony and a fraud. It was obvious from the day he denied 9/11 Truth. Furthermore, he has not revealed ANYTHING of any consequence or anything that we didnt already know.

But the result of all this is a shiny new piece of legislation which actually makes it more difficult for whistle blowers.
edit on 5-1-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
I thought this was common knowledge. The fact that we have alphabet organizations like the CIA and words like "top secret" should be enough to paint a basic picture.

That's true,
But before Wikileaks it was just assumed knowledge from the grapevine. With the Baghdad video at least, there is pictorial evidence of "Easy" rules of engagement, and subsequent slaughter. You can also be sure that all the current areas of invasion, since that is what it is, are intended for permanent foreign military prescence, at least by US forces.

www.ukfpi.org...

Iran will be the next salivation, and if you read the cable relating to Saadam you can understand all the mayhem taking place for years, and that it is to do with vested private interests, rather than noble goverment causes in the pursuit of democracy over our world.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Not only through the grapevine, but also any time these little tidbits would come through, we had the usual bunch of gov defenders, apologists and debunkers saying "you have no proof, you're just paranoid, bla-blah-blah"...And usually it would get swept under the carpet and ignored.

Well, HERE'S your PROOF now. No more SPECULATION. It is out in the open for EVERYONE to see with their own two eyes. No more pathetic excuses or denial. The deception and criminality has been shown crystal clear, and note that NO ONE, not even the gov itself, is trying to lie their way out of this---Because they can't.

But they CAN try to shut it down, and that is what they are attempting.
edit on 5-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

All Governments Lie, Federal and State levels.
They Lie to protect the order of Governance, not to protect the People or Country.
All Governments become corrupt with Power, the Longer Politicians are in the Job of Politicians the more likely they can be bought to influence a decission. Company Sponsorship of a Party, Come on, how obvious can you get. Its' right there in front of your Nose. IF political teams were Banned and each member has a maximum fixed number if years 7-8 years most of the Corruption would disappear. It still won't stop two Pollies from scratching each others back, but they only have a set time to do something and there gone. This isn't going to happen, the only thing you can do is never Vote Democrat, Republican, Liberal or Labour ever again. Vote for anyone except the two main Parties, that is the only real way to achive any change, and the fresher somebody is in Politics then move them to the top of the List. Just don't vote for any body that's been a Pollie for more than 10 Years.

Trust No One

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well Assange seems to have powerful allies but at this level there is no such thing as trust and loyalty and no one has friends ,I just hope the leaks continue if not from Asange then whoever takes his place

sunlight is the best disinfectant

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804

Originally posted by CrayZ
A really solid quote i love. A people should not dear it's government. Government should dear it's people. So long as they are in power, and CAN lie they will. What you gonna do to stop them right? They have the power and we don't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well actually by the foundations of the US and the Constitution we do have the power. It's just to many of us have given up on ever doing anything and becoming complacent. If you want change then work towards change. The government serves the people not the other way around and its high time we the people take the power back.

Actually the quote goes... "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fear the people there is Liberty". ~Thomas Jefferson~

I am with you on everyone seeming to become complacent with what is going on with our country. It's sad but true; people are always complaining but never acting or doing anything about it. For everyone to get up and vote would be a great start. Actually doing a little research on the people we are putting into office would be wise. I am thinking a "change" is necessary here, that is for sure. So just a word to everyone, do your research, gain knowledge of the issues at hand and do your part and vote. "We the people" need to wake up and start to take back our country before everything it was based on is taken away from us from right underneath our feet. I am doing my part; will you?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Your statement hit me on two levels.

One, that this is true. Our government lies to us all the time and if they will do that even once, there is no basis for complete trust on anything, including issues of UFOs or 9.11.

Two, that this is true and that it is really no big surprise. I haven't trusted my government since Vietnam and find no startling event in the leaks because... I now fully expect to be lied to.

The problem with both of these realities is that... it IS our government, supposedly by, for and of THE PEOPLE, period.

So... here I am admitting that is do not trust my government... which is disturbing, or should be in this country and... that I fully expect to be lied to in the future. This is simply wrong and we should not allow our desire for a comfort zone to block us from correcting the problem.

But you know, and I know, that once this post has run its course and folks get a few choice opinions spoken, we will all go back to that zone and live next door to those lies like they were a beloved spouse that we did not have the courage to see cheating on us.

That my friend, is our truth.

Best

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The purpose of communicating with the public is not to provide them with truthful information

That's what the American Government did in the Balkans, they claim the serbs were the real marauders yet little did anyone of you know what was really happening in Yugoslavia.

during the night before the war, thousands of prisoners were released into the streets wearing para military uniforms, they were hired and paid to be released by the later Islamic Government of Bosnia.

These were the worst prisoners in Yugoslavia history.

I have my sources for this in Europe to bad the so called fair media never reported it.

It seems to me that American government was willing to turn Bosnia into a Saudi backed Islamic country.

Just so you know Bosnian Muslims before the wars were peacefully in Bosnia to them it didn't matter if you were a serb or Croatian Bosnian.

But now thats changed thanks to the brutal American government.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by smurfy

Not only through the grapevine, but also any time these little tidbits would come through, we had the usual bunch of gov defenders, apologists and debunkers saying "you have no proof, you're just paranoid, bla-blah-blah"...And usually it would get swept under the carpet and ignored.

Well, HERE'S your PROOF now. No more SPECULATION. It is out in the open for EVERYONE to see with their own two eyes. No more pathetic excuses or denial. The deception and criminality has been shown crystal clear, and note that NO ONE, not even the gov itself, is trying to lie their way out of this---Because they can't.

But they CAN try to shut it down, and that is what they are attempting.
edit on 5-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

That no one is denying anything revealed by Wikileaks, is something I have talked about in other threads where there have been detractors of what Wikileaks has been revealing as just more government disinfo. Thing is, what Wikileaks is revealing is so in step with what many of us have already gleaned from elsewhere, (the hard bit is putting it all together... and not there yet) the idea of it being more disinfo is ridiculous in the first instance as it is bad enough anyway.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join