It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close To Two Million Fish are found dead in Chesapeake Bay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
But the USA, Sweden, Japan, aren't close.

I know that...

Come on. This has to be related. You think it's just an odd confidence that massive fish kills and bird kills are happening.

Why does it have to be related? Because they happened around the same time? If my dog dies on Jan. 1st in USA, and my friend's fish dies on Jan. 1st in England, does it have to be related? No... coincidences are coincidences. They often appear intentional.

It is true that a lot of fish are dying because of cold water, and hypothermia. It happens all the time. Water gets colder than normal, they have nowhere to go, they die.... If there is any link between the events weather is one of the main ones.

The birds in Louisiana and Arkansas are both linked to bad weather and or high winds and turbulence. The birds in Sweden are found lying dead in snow (extreme cold weather).

The birds in Japan very well could be dying from a virus... who says it has to be linked? Nobody...

These happen, yes, but they are extremely rare, and happen once every few decades. The fact they're happening simultaneously is ominous.

That is wrong. Fish dies off happened the same exact time last year (as I pointed out). The year before... the year before that... all around the same exact time as well. Birds often die in storms too.... the only difference is that people are reporting it more.

I think it is frustrating when people have to relate things together just because they happen at the same time...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
These kind of massive fish kills aren't normal. Even in terms of it happening, this happened sporadically, and only in certain locations.

And the bird and fish kills are related. Look at Arkansas. Massive fish kill and bird kill near each other.

It's rare that this happens, but it's unprecedented that this is happening.

We now have bird and fish kills in the following states:

Arkansas
Louisiana
Kentucky
Maryland
Florida

In the following countries:
Japan
Brazil
Sweden
New Zealand

And I'm probably missing some states or countries.

Each of the states and countries are reporting massive deaths for fish and birds. This is now a global phenomenon happening in the last week...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

These kind of massive fish kills aren't normal. Even in terms of it happening, this happened sporadically, and only in certain locations.

Yes they are normal. I already posted several links that show it is normal, and it was even predicted to happen in Florida.

And the bird and fish kills are related. Look at Arkansas. Massive fish kill and bird kill near each other.

Just because they are near each other, doesn't mean they are related. That is hilariously illogical. Provide evidence they are related besides being near each other around the same time.. I'm sure you can't.

It's rare that this happens, but it's unprecedented that this is happening.

It's not exactly rare. Please prove it is rare.

We now have bird and fish kills in the following states:

Arkansas
Louisiana
Kentucky
Maryland
Florida

In the following countries:
Japan
Brazil
Sweden
New Zealand

And I'm probably missing some states or countries.

Each of the states and countries are reporting massive deaths for fish and birds. This is now a global phenomenon happening in the last week...

It happens.. birds and fish die by bad weather and other natural things all over the world. People like you (conspiracy theorists) lump them all together and create conspiracies about it every time too..
edit on 5-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

i thought that this was a conspiracy web site...sorry must be in the wrong place .

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
It's not exactly rare. Please prove it is rare.

Please prove that it is common for these phenomenons to happen in at least 4 different countries accross the globe at roughly the same time.

If you do that , then you will settle the argument, because until then you are also only providing another unsubstantiated theory.

(for the record, I think this is a natural phenomenon, caused by unatural actions, namely, humans destroying their habitat)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Is it possible that it's something in the water which kills the fish then, due to evaporation and natural weather phenomenon, affects the birds in the area as it gets into the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

And your theory is that this was due to Antarctica and just coincidence...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well.....what is the result of breathing a large amount of methane gas?
Could the water have burped this gas out and caught both fish and birds?

The Haarp project IS micro waves!
They pump huge wattages of microwaves into the ionosphere thus heating it up.....
So, as far as micro waves go, if you think thats whats the problem, then HAARP has got em in spades!
There could be a possibility that an aircraft had gone supersonic in the birds vicinity, and they were damaged by the shock wave from it.
Winter IS a prime time for all kinds of die offs....
Always has been....The animals live so close to the edge of survival, that die offs of large numbers of anything can occur commonly in the depths of winter.
The colder weather may kill a lot of birds...but on a positive note, it also kills a lot of the pine beetles that are infesting the forests of the west.
There are dozens of other parasites like them, too,which will suffer massive die offs if the cold keeps up long enough.
Remember howe ratty most animals look in the spring.....thats because they come close to non suvival in the winter months of cold temps and little food.
Lets await some more definate info before declaring the world is ending ok?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well.....what is the result of breathing a large amount of methane gas?
Could the water have burped this gas out and caught both fish and birds?

The Haarp project IS micro waves!
They pump huge wattages of microwaves into the ionosphere thus heating it up.....
So, as far as micro waves go, if you think thats whats the problem, then HAARP has got em in spades!
There could be a possibility that an aircraft had gone supersonic in the birds vicinity, and they were damaged by the shock wave from it.
Winter IS a prime time for all kinds of die offs....
Always has been....The animals live so close to the edge of survival, that die offs of large numbers of anything can occur commonly in the depths of winter.
The colder weather may kill a lot of birds...but on a positive note, it also kills a lot of the pine beetles that are infesting the forests of the west.
There are dozens of other parasites like them, too,which will suffer massive die offs if the cold keeps up long enough.
Remember howe ratty most animals look in the spring.....thats because they come close to non suvival in the winter months of cold temps and little food.
Lets await some more definate info before declaring the world is ending ok?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Someone with a bit of time might do well to collect all these dying animals reports and make a single thread...perhaps some maps of when and where.

Maybe if they are feeling ambitious, they can see if there is any substantial pattern, such as earthquakes, solar activity, etc that may show a cause/effect relationship.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Why does it have to be related?

There is a saying
Once is unfortunate
Twice is a coincidence
Three times is a pattern.

We are now up to what...6th in a week...something may be up.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i wonder if all these birds are dying from the bird flu, i remember all the birds that had to be killed to stop the spread in asia.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yah, because it was never cold before...

Our poor government. They've finally run out of lies.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Is anyone here good with maps? I get lost going out my own front door.

If someone could make a globe with pins at the locations I would be grateful, as I’m a visual kind of girl, and I figure if I am there might also be others who would benefit from seeing the locations pinned on a globe as well.

This was posted on another thread.

Link

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
i wonder if all these birds are dying from the bird flu, i remember all the birds that had to be killed to stop the spread in asia.

Doesn't explain why millions of fish are dying, though.

Why have 100,000 fish died in Arkansas?
Why have two million fish died in the Chesapeake?
Why have 100,00 tons of fish died in Brazil?

And I'm not referring to the dozens of other countries and states where bird and fish deaths are happening.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Actually, I might have been right...

Expert: Storm likely killed thousands of birds

BEEBE, Ark. (AP) - January 3, 2011 -- Scientists are wondering whether fireworks or poison may have caused thousands of birds to fall from the sky in Arkansas. But one expert is sure it was the weather.

The director of Cornell University's ornithology lab says the most likely suspect is violent weather. He says thousands of birds were probably asleep in a single tree when a "washing machine-type thunderstorm" sucked them up into the air, disoriented them, and even fatally soaked and chilled them.

Storm Killed AR Birds

One expert says storm likely killed thousands of birds in Ark.

Lot's of people are reporting that the storms and tornado that happened on New Years caused their deaths.

So let's get back on topic and talk about the fish....
edit on 5-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

I went to your link and to be perfectly honest with you I was surprised you posted that nonsense. The first red flag was the ABC logo, followed by a graphic of a magic carpet and the words "Bizarre Bazaar". Clearly ABC isn't taking its own coverage seriously so why should you?
Some goofball at the local affiliate spun the rolodex and spoke to Kevin McGowan from Cornell, Kevin is a life long bird nut but his expertise is in social behavior not massive die off. In addition Kevin is not a meteoroligist, he proved this point by describing a "washing machine type thunderstorm" that "fatally soaked and chilled" the birds.
I think the folks at Cornell should put a cork in Kevin before he damages the reputation of the institution with his nonsense.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Doh... I shouldn’t have asked to see that map. Now I can’t stop crying, I think it was the penguins that started my tears

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anodyne
I don't believe climate change will cause thousand birds to drop dead from the sky simultaneously. It would be a gradual process. Fish could die due to sudden drops in temprature, however this is also happening on the shores of Brazil and New-Zealand, it's summer over there.
edit on 5-1-2011 by Anodyne because: (no reason given)

Fish will NOT die from temperature changes, unless they are in a fishtank. They are free to swim to better temperatures, and that's what they do. They are VERY sensitive to the water temperature, and will always move to where the temperature suits them. Aren't any of you fishermen?

Water cannot change temperature quickly like the air. The ocean is a giant heat sink for the planet. Unless some bizarre current of cold water inundated the Chesapeake with tsumami-like force so that the fish could not swim out of the bay, with a volume that would be at least noticeable, water temp cannot kill the fish.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

This is just too complicated and mysterious to be something mundane.

Weather anomalies that are killing like this are NOT mundane.

But you're right - it IS complicated. Most everything in this world we have created is stressing everything and everyone's immune systems. ...Sometimes, the stress from the weather anomaly is the "last straw" - and it kills.

S&F btw

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Chesapeake has been a very stressed ecosystem for a hefty portion of my forty plus years living near it. Our temps have been incredibly cold for a long time with a recent quick warm up and back to freezing again. Spot like to hang near the shoreline. It's not inconceivable to me that this was a natural die off due to the rapid and dramatic temperature changes in the waters a lot of Spot like to congregate in. I would imagine there are still plenty of Spot out deeper in the bay that survived. There is a parasitic crustacean I used to see in abundance in the smaller fish I used to catch off the Bay. I used to surgically remove the parasite from the fish's gills and release the fish (I used to get bored while the family was crabbing) so this parasite could have been another stressor. There are so many factors to examine before adding this die off to the panic list.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join