It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The happiest time of my life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well my trip in Italy ends tomorrow......until June that is

I spent three weeks with the love of my life, my soul mate. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and the greatest person to have ever come into my life. Those who know me personally and have for years understand why. He is everything I could ever ask for and more. He isn't perfect, he has his flaws but I love him no matter what. He may be bitter and jaded but who isn't anymore? God knows I am. The difference is I accept him for who he is, bitterness and all and he knows this. He knows I am not going anywhere as I know he isn't either. I think we have been good for each other in many ways when it comes to our past relationship issues. He has realized somethings and I have as well. Not all men and women are the same! I get a lot of flack from people because he lives overseas and in the military and I am sure he does too. The difference is we trust each other completely and we communicate. We arent afraid to say something even if it might hurt the others feelings. You have to communicate!!! If you trust the other person and communicate you have nothing to worry about. He doesn't have to be next to me to be with me all the time, he is always in my heart and on my mind. Nothing anyone could say will change how I feel for him and believe me people have tried. I don't care what others think, this is our relationship and it is my choice to be with him while he is overseas. No ocean or continent will separate me from him. I will go wherever he goes.

He makes me smile just by thinking of him. I have never had that before. I have no doubt or anything in my mind when it comes to him. I feel complete and secure for once in my life when it comes to being in a relationship. I don't worry but I won't lie i have my moments but that is from past hurt...which I am learning to overcome as silly as that sounds. He may not say how he feels all the time but boy can he show it with just a look or a smile or a touch. People always say "actions speak louder than words" and I completely agree. You can say anything to someone but it takes a lot to show it. I had the best time these last three weeks. I cherish the time I get with him more because it isn't as often as most people get with their loved ones. I had the best Christmas and New Years ever. I always hated both but this time I looked forward to them and I look forward to them next year with him. I may be leaving but it's just good bye and not forever. I will be back for the summer and I can't wait. I will get to see Paris this time and that will be amazing to see the love of my life with the love of my life
I couldn't be happier right now. I have made memories that will last a lifetime and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Anything is possible when you love someone. Distance shouldn't matter. If you love someone nothing will get in the way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eed4e81d9963.jpg[/atsimg]

"Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals" ~ Shakespeare

Til June my love

edit on 1/4/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Im very happy for you...and somewhat jealous of you too. I wish I could find my soul mate
...I know it will happen eventually though. I'm a little impatient.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Im very happy for you...and somewhat jealous of you too. I wish I could find my soul mate

It took me 10 yrs and it happened by chance or fate as I say. Love always happens when you least expect it. It will happen

Shakespeare said it best "Love sought is good but given unsought is better"

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Congrats...it's nice to see good news on here for a change, instead of virgins decrying women in thread after thread for not sleeping with them (when they view them as meat)...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by freedish

It took me 10 yrs and it happened by chance or fate as I say. Love always happens when you least expect it. It will happen

Shakespeare said it best "Love sought is good but given unsought is better"

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Oh god my friends were always trying to set me up and would get mad because I didn't want to. I didn't want to be set up. I was happy just waiting for the right moment to come along. I wasn't going to settle.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship and many beautiful memories to make together. Congratulations! Isn't love grand?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm so happy for you! Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship and many beautiful memories to make together. Congratulations! Isn't love grand?

Yes it is!

Thank you

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am so happy for you its well deserved

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

that's exactly how i feel haha

new topics

top topics

join