It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word

news.yahoo.com

If there had been time, Marie Exley would have liked to start a family. Instead, the 32-year-old Army veteran has less than six months left, which she'll spend spreading a stark warning: Judgment Day is almost here.

Exley is part of a movement of Christians loosely organized by radio broadcasts and websites, independent of churches and convinced by their reading of the Bible that the end of the world will begin May 21, 2011.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just saw this and I thought I'd throw it up for commentary. Note: I do NOT believe in this, so please don't attack the humble messanger.

Despite (or perhaps because of) the foolishness of the claim, it's always interesting to watch apocalypticism in action. And it's rare (but not unheard of) for religious groups to be so specific about escatological dates. The article mentions their calculations are based on the Bible -- I'd be curious to see the specifics. The Seventh Day Adventists pinpointed a date for the end of the word in the 1800s, and it came and went, but somehow that didn't damage their credibility enough to destroy them. I'm curious about how these people will handle the letdown, and whether or not their "May 21" meme will have any traction in wider society or on the internet If so, remember -- you heard it here first.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
But doesn't the Christian bible teach that no one will know the day the end comes?

I guess I will never understand Religious people

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
omg it is here and if its not may 21 it will defintilly be sometime in the futcher after that

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Despite (or perhaps because of) the foolishness of this claim, it's always interesting to watch apocalypticism in action.

Well, nobody knows the date except The Father, but I do take uhm.. not warning.. let's just say testimony.. about the end of days seriously. Still, the third temple has to be built first, that's a major cue.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Where exactly in the Bible does it say that Judgment is on May 21, 2011? I have a feeling come the 22nd there is going to be some very disappointed people. Either way.

edit on 3-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsubaki

It does say no one will no the day or hour....but it doesn't say we won't know the month or year

edit on 3-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thats my birthday, could we start the day after?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I find it entertaining that they were able to calculate the end of days from the books of the bible. BUT WAIT!!! There are many books that were left out because the people in power felt they did not go with their own plans. So, I would love to ask these people, "what about those books?" I mean x + 10 can equal 11, 100, or 1,000 depending on you interpret x to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No, no, no...

I ignore Yahoo and Christians for good reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
some things have not come to pass as of yet and the one big one is the temple has not been built yet nor has the 2 witness been around, for they must take place before any "come up here" is made, then there is the 144,000, still do not know if this takes place in one day or over time, if it is to happen i think a 144,000 to disappear in one day would be noticeable. Some just do not understand the word nor the teaching there of.
edit on 3-1-2011 by bekod because: word edit

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Is it me, or is the end of days a cliche? Too many to follow.
edit on 3-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsubaki

It does state that in the bible. It warns for people to keep their eyes on the skies for noone knows the hour or day. Not even Jesus the Son. Only the Father/God will know.

I believe the same way and think that everytime someone predicts it, we will assuredly not see it on that predicted date/time.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Do I pay my income tax in April?

Or ask for an extension, just in case?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

no not just you the closer we get to 2012, the more of this "The day is/ has come" will be showing up, i do feel sorry for them that know no better, but it does make for some lol reading

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Uh thats a real downer. I suppose they will go with May 21st, then next it will be Oct 28th and then finally if all other dates fail they'll go with Dec 21/23rd 2012.
If birds and animals keep dying (with no real explanation) this group will gain some steam...and mass chaos will manifest.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

The new 2011 model King James version Holy Bilbe has a calender in the back marking all the Armegeddon's,all the prophecy to be fullfilled, seals opened, etc even has some cool pics of the antichrist. what will they think of next year Im not buying it

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
But doesn't the Christian bible teach that no one will know the day the end comes?

I guess I will never understand Religious people

Yea, it does. However, there was one preacher/pastor, or whatever he was on Youtube that stated that, "...just because it says nobody knows, doesn't mean that nobody can not know." He make a fair point from a Christian stand point.

I at one point in time was SO fixed on the fact that its not gonna happen, in fact I still think its not going to be Jesus coming back, I think it will be the Anti-Christ, since he arrives first. However, at this moment, I'm all eyes and ears awaiting 5-21-11.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Where exactly in the Bible does it say that Judgment is on May 21, 2011? I have a feeling come the 22nd there is going to be some very disappointed people. Either way.

edit on 3-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

The whole thing started with Mr. Harold Camping, I guess he has his own radio station. He stated this back in 2007 I believe. I don't listen to him but I found his research kind of interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Would be kind o' nice to go ahead and get Armageddon out of the way. I mean it's always there lurking ya know?

And even though I somewhat joke above--I believe...just not sure about the whole pre or post trib rapture biz and certainly no feelings about Mr. Camping's date.

For those who don't believe, I understand, but I would proffer that no other book has such an impressive prophecy track record, or so thoroughly predicts the state of our world today...including our 'crazy' conspiracy theories.

NWO - Check
Climate Craziness - Check
UFOs - Check
Man's Inhumanity to Man - Check
Rabid Persecution - Check
Lovers of Self (STS) - Check

What did stand out about the article to me, though, was the pretty decent job of impartiality in reporting.
edit on 4-1-2011 by The GUT because: clarification

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join