It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Better watch this group doesn't buy kool aid and nike shoes.
Really are the children safe . . . should they be put in protective custody away from this group?
Is raising a child in this sort of mindset abuse? Don't beat me up, I am just asking?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Always sad to see people get caught up in these emotional thought forms. But I must admit a bit entertaining at the same time...

edit on 4-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Someone from this group came into my store and printed out a plethora of tracts...then left some conveniently in my store...
The founder of this group is known for a previous false end times prophecy, although i guess to his credit last time he said if not 1994 maybe 2011...I still think it is false and hope he loses all credibility on 5/22/2011...

If he were to say that the pre-trib was to happen 5/21 then maybe, but the entire end times Armageddon happening in 4 months? Has he not even read the entire book of Revelation? What about the antichrist? The temple? mark of the beast? wars? mass famines? the antichrist bringing world peace before world destrutuction?

If it is true however, I am getting married 5/14...what a greater way to end the world than right after the honeymoon right?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This theory is more correct

REVEALED! Oct. 21st, 2011- The Beginning of the 1260 Great Tribulation Period

lastgreatday8.blogspot.com...

The 5 Months Time Code

lastgreatday8.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder...The Seventh Day Adventists pinpointed a date for the end of the word in the 1800s, and it came and went, but somehow that didn't damage their credibility enough to destroy them...

It was William Miller that pointed to Oct. 1844, as the time when Christ would return.
When that date came & went, (known as The Great Disappointment), some of these "Millerites" went back to the study of scripture to see where they had erred.
From that, you have the beginning of the SDA denomination.

Harold Camping has done this before...
In his book 1994, he predicted the end would happen in September of that year.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

The countdown to backpedaling has already begun and it will be interesting to see what the organization does when Jesus is nowhere to be seen come May. This prediction will go the way of all other end of the world predictions.

Countdown to Backpedaling

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
some things have not come to pass as of yet and the one big one is the temple has not been built

All that is actually required to stand as a "temple" is an altar.
The altar has already been built. Construction began in July 2009

Read more about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I bet I can convince Harold Camping that if his May 21st, 2011 prediction doesn't come true that he will take up my timeline/theory. It makes more sense!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Just for the heck of it i googled "May 21 2011 Solar eclipse" and found this from Tehran Times.

www.tehrantimes.com...

Solar eclipse and meteor shower to launch 2011 skywatching season

May (all month long): Four of the five naked-eye planets will crowd together into what could be described as a Great Celestial Summit Meeting.

Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter are contained within a 10-degree span on May 1, shrinking to a minimum of less than 6 degrees on May 12, then opening back up to 10 degrees on May 20.

Twice during May, three planets close to within nearly 2 degrees of each other: Mercury-Venus-Jupiter (on May 11-12) and Mercury-Venus-Mars (May 21). And the crescent moon joins the array on May 1 and again on May 30-31.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I'm not claiming any particular belief in when or where these things will occur but it would seem reasonable
that things could get a lot worse before this happens..just saying..some think they will be raptured out never
to suffer any great persecution..well, I may not be one of them but I'd sure be happy to see "innocent" folk
like babies in safe hands at the time..it would be heartbreaking to see them suffer in such a time ya know.
I think folks get all worked up and try to prove what they want to believe. If you believe in what the Bible
actually says then why can't you accept that no man knows the day or hour?..it's an irony for it really could
happen when least expected. Some think chernoble is wormwood but who is to say that it really isn't a big
chunk of something like a mountain falling into the sea?..see what I mean, who really knows?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
But doesn't the Christian bible teach that no one will know the day the end comes?

Indeed.
It also tells of false prophets and other things, intended to lead people astray.

I've been telling people this stuff for a long time on here, but still some people keep posting these ridiculous stories about how the world will end on specific dates.
If there is a God, and if YOU truly believe in God, then you will believe God's word. We wont know when the end will come.
But we will know when it has arrived, that's for sure.

Of course there are also signs that are spoken of, that will lead up to the end of times.
Now some people think those signs have happened. There are quite a few things that have occurred already, and not many remain.
But then again, everything is up for interpretation. Everyone has a different take on things.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Does it say what page the specific date is on in the bible? Or did someone interpret it their way? How many false predictions do there have to be before they're just ignored? I predict that all predictions here on ATS won't come true. Start a thread on that, it has just as much credibility.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is always some kook saying they know when the end is coming

one day someone will get it right.
why does it always have to be 5 or six months down the road?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
God damn it, God Squad!

you cant take prophecys from fairy tales!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It is sad to see a proclaimed 'christian group' doing this.

There is a reason why the book of revelations did not revealed the exact time and date. It had a purpose, or our Creator would have made it known there and then instead of giving hints to the messengers. For anyone else who claim to know it is to be our Creator Himself, who alone decides the fate of mankind, his creations and gifts.

And that purpose is simply for us to live and love, to treasure each and every moment that we have, even if the world goes upside down. Only love can give us that strength to face the trials to come, at times caused by us humanity, but at times caused by universal laws that cannot be simply changed without creating chaos into the Universe, and to never give up on each other.

For if we had truly lived and loved, did not hurt or harm intentionally, then we would have lived our precious gift of life full, and even if the end comes, there is no regrets, for from dust we came and into dust we return, and our eternal conciousness/souls free at last to join the cosmos.

Only those who had not lived and loved with this precious gift of life or had done harm or hurt to others would fear the end. And it is such warnings that divine Teachers sought to inform them, of what will come, but without a date so that they may prepare now and not procastinate till tomorrow, for sometimes, tomorrow never comes.

And even the divine Teachers knew not the exact time or date.

It is comprehensible for many to want to know, to believe and fixed the date, based on what is happening around our world today, and seek out the reason for it, as signs portending the end. But there were many signs, that happened similarly as will it mirror upon tomorrow.

But then, why fear the end if you had lived and loved? The only certain end that mankind knows is ones death, for no man is an immortal, and even that, we know not its exact time and date as well. It is more important that we live and love, experience the joys and sorrows that our precious gift of life offers while we still can, and progress our evolution daily while we are still alive for those yet to come..

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Notice this christian group end of days announcement came out shortly after the dead Birds and Fish in Arkansas.

Not Gods plagues of punishment but mans.
In the news recently
Wheeler followed in his decorated father's footsteps and attended the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. After graduating in 1966, in the midst of the Vietnam War, he served five years in the Army, including as a staff officer at the Pentagon, and retired from the military in 1971.

In later years, Wheeler, as special assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force at the Pentagon during the George W. Bush administration, helped develop the Air Force Cyber Command. A citation for his service in 2008 said Wheeler recognized that the military needed to combat the growing vulnerability of U.S. weapon systems to cyber intrusions, according to his biography.

Remember all the dead scientists from Marconi Defense Systems and all the precarious deaths of the Microbiologists, Virologists, Epidemeologists, Geneticists etc?
www.puppstheories.com...

Arkansas Clinton Body Count
Arkansas??? Yeah Arkansas
It doesn't have to come from PhDs at Stanford or Ivy League Schools or from big media outlets like BBC, AP, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, National Press Club to make it legit Regarding the 2 links above.

Whats legit and what isn't. Well... we see how far believing the so called credible has gotten us. Most still believe we elect our presidents and congressmen to give you one of many examples.

Whatever you do... Stay away from the scholarly and experts...good way to get killed, spiritually enslaved and or both.

What does this have to do with this topic?

Everything
edit on 4-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The people who believe in this false date obviously have not read Peter 2:1-3

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you (us). They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the soveriegn lord who bought them- bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

My advice to the idiots making these predictions - Read the above and then have another think about what you are doing with your bible, because it is against it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

edit on 4-1-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Notice this christian group end of days announcement came out shortly after the dead Birds and Fish in Arkansas.

edit on 4-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

This has been talked about on ATS before. I've been hearing this as a news items since before Christmas and well before the animal die offs happened.

Here is one of the earlies threads I found on this date..... May 21, 2011: Judgment Day from August.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I bet I can convince Harold Camping that if his May 21st, 2011 prediction doesn't come true that he will take up my timeline/theory. It makes more sense!

See this is the thing with you people. There are heaps of you trying to debunk something you never will. The more crap that comes out the more you confuse people. I bet 100s of people have a theory about when the tribulation begins, what makes yours so unique? It will most likely be proven wrong within the next 5-10 years so what are you going to do then? What you are actually doing is against the bible. Read my post above this. And seriously have a think about what you are doing, because making predictions which are most likely false, are not helping anybody.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join