It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Days in May? Christian group spreads word

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Lol... after doing a little bit of research, it looks like he predicted 1994 as the end date before. To me, this destroys whatever tiny bit of credibility he might have had. The fact that he is spreading this nonsense a second time, especially with such confidence, just shows that he is out to make money.

Not to mention, I was browsing through the page where he explains how he arrived at that date, it's all very cryptic and based on gross misinterpretation of different bible verses. The very start point of the theory depends upon his conclusion that the earth was created in 11,013 BC (lol) and Noahs flood happened in exactly 4990 BC.

What a load of crock

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's a complete guess to drum up hysteria and attention for himself.

Oh...and since the Bible was absolutely NOT written by some sort of magical all-knowing father figure in the sky, it is a completely unreliable source of "prophecy", aside from the concept that insane believers of this fairy tale might try to make the prophecies come true themselves in order to make people think it has a shred of credibility.

This is not a countdown to doomsday...it's a countdown to backpedaling. The excuses for why it didn't happen should be fun to hear though!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
except he's not making money but rather sending people on trips to spread the message and paying for their plane tickets food and gas, printing out leaflets and decals for the cars ect. I don't see profit in that.

It's exactly 7000 years from the flood of noah in the biblical calendar. Let's not forget the mayans had a way more advanced calendar then what we use today. Who are we to say it's wrong? Mayans say the end is in 2012 on dec 21 in their calendar cycle and continues after that into a very different way of living. It's an interesting read and i'll keep my beliefs to myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What a result I am in Vegas on a Stag do at the end of the world, hope I am not purely judged upon my antcis over the previous 2 days or it is straight to hell for me

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsubaki
But doesn't the Christian bible teach that no one will know the day the end comes?

I guess I will never understand Religious people

Here you go maybe this will help you out -

Definition of DELUSION

a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated b : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

delusion, means something that is believed to be true or real but that is actually false or unreal. delusion implies an inability to distinguish between what is real and what only seems to be real, often as the result of a disordered state of mind

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Christian CULTISM spreading more BS over the net...see this link christians Dirty, Filthy Christians and Osiris

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But doesn't the Christian bible teach that no one will know the day the end comes?

It does. In Matthew 24:36 it says:

But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

I hope that helps. Personally, when you have verses saying that He will come like a thief in the night- it makes you wonder why anyone would try predicting. It could easily be tomorrow or today-or a million years from now. This is just futile and only serves for playing on folks fears in my honest opinion.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueLies

Who said he was profiting? I in particular said that he was doing it for attention and to create religious hysteria.

And the flood of Noah happened when exactly??? There is evidence of it happening? No, of course there isn't. It's just a fictional story in a book written by primitive men who were scared of nature.

And again...so what if the Mayan calendar ends in 2012? Our calendar ended a few days ago...and then it just started right back over again.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
May, the beginning of Spring, sunshine, warmth, picnics, fishing - put that one back in the hat and try for Jan.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yup it does say that. It does give some signs of when the time is "near". Of course, there isn't really definition of "near" either.

See the thing is this, sometimes people want to take what a religion says, ( Christianity in this case) and attempt to interpret or change it for their own ends.

In this case it is Christianity and this guy saying he knows when the world will end. Several hundred years ago it could have been Christianity and burning an accused witch alive. Tomorrow we may read about where it is Islam and an "honor killing".

People being people are going to interpret a religion - and those interpretations can range from something that really does help people, to something pretty nutty to something horrifying.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The Holy Bible also says that Jesus' apostles will still be alive when he returns, and to the best of my knowledge, they have all been dead for a few thousand years.

I worry about the rabbits, who will have no cud to chew in the end times...and all of those four legged birds and insects...and I hope that the ocean that hangs over the planet doesn't all fall through the roof and kill us all.

Yeah, the Bible...definitely a trustworthy source.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You know, you'd think they would be smarter about it....

Dr. Peter Venkman: "Well that's cutting it a little bit close, isn't it? I mean, just from a sales point of view, I mean your book is just coming out, you're not gonna see any paperback sales for at least a year. It'll be at least another year before you know whether you've got that mini-series or movie of the week kind of possibilities."

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LazerTron

The bible is not a book of predictions, about doom and destruction. It is only a historical account of what happened during the course of civilisation of a particular ethnic group of humans. There were deaths and annihilations, but there also courage and victory, of both king and the common man, as rely by prophets and divine messengers of an ancient past.

But more critical of all, there lays a message from our common Creator to humanity on the right path towards civilisation and fulfillment of our destiny, of His love and hope for all mankind given the gift of life, love and free will, and had sent divine messengers, both in divine as well as mortal form, that we may know the way to light and love from the darkness we flawed mortals from time to time abuse the priviledge of free will and turn brother against brother.

No doubt certain paragraphs or chapters tells man of impending dooms, of signs and wonders to portends to doom, of who is alive or who will be dead, but still, their purpose is to pass the message to humankind to be prepared, not to put fear for those who had hurt or harm no one, or if they had, to seek for salvation and redemption that our Creator had freely and kindly given and assured to His children through the Messiah, to let those others whom knows not our Creator's love to return to the fold, and face what is to come courageously as one united humankind so that ALL can be saved, less those who persists in using the power of free will to harm others.

If you had read the Bible closely and attentively, you would have realized that our Creator is most merciful, ever ready to forgive His children, and had many times attempted to wake up humanity. But it is our darksides that failed His love, and as justice must be served for those innocents harm, retributions fell.

And yet, he had never abandon us throughout centuries, jews, muslims, christians, buddhists, hindus, spiritualists, atheists, etc whom had only been worshipping Him throughout, for He has many names and many forms across geological and social developement barriers.

And today, as we saw portending signs of doom in our skies and earth, we trembled with fear, and ask ourselves - is this the end? None knows, not even the divine Teachers. Will our Creator wipe us all out, as is His right, the way an artist has the right to crumple up his works if he found it horrible and offensive, unfit to be published or preserved?

All I do know is that our Creator loves us all, for which father would not love his own children? and throughout historical records, He, with His might and glory, has the power to stop or to proceed, had and was willing to stop the destruction of Soddom and Gommorah through the pleading of Lot. It was delayed, but eventually destroyed when none would return to His fold.

That final act towards mankind is His and His alone to make, and every divine Teacher, whom are NOT Him, but are only messengers, who had been sent had admitted to it, even if their predictions had not come to pass.'Not my will, Lord, but Thine' - had been the Messiah's prayer.

And that's the message of the bible that we this educated generation was supposed to figure out - the truth, and no more the misinterpretations by princes and principalities who have agendas of their own, just as the inhabitants of soddom and gommorah had.

edit on 5-1-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Nice.

If the Bible is not a book of prophecy, but instead an historical record...then why is that record so incredibly flawed? take the tale of Jesus for instance...the "historical record" contradicts itsef over and over and over again. Was Heli or Jacob the father of Joseph? The Bible states at different points that both are...yet that is not possible...unless the book was not written by a god. In fact, going through the story of Jesus, THE most important story in your book, there are dozens and dozens of contradictions...proving that it CAN NOT be a historical record. There are so many historical and scientific falsehoods in the Bible that you should be embarrassed to call it a historical account.

As far as the Christian god being merciful...I have read and studied the Bible...and we're talking about a God who routinely murders innocent children because he feels like it. Untold MILLIONS of innocent people are murdered by this genocidal maniac. Heck, it's kind of hard to get over exactly how harshly children are treated...what with God making people eat their babies, killing newborns...even killing all the male children of a city and allowing the army to rape the young girls. This god of yours is FAR from merciful.

When God commanded Abraham to kill his son, Abraham jumped at the chance. Sure, God changed his mind at the last second...but the emotional trauma must have been incredible. In fact, if God did not enjoy killing children, then wouldn't Abraham have simply said "you must be a demon, because my God would not have me murder my child". But he didn't...because Abraham knew that God is so sickeningly immoral that he WOULD call for the death of an innocent child just to feed his ego.

Put it this way...

God created man. He did so knowing that we had no knowledge of what good or evil was. Then he placed a tree nearby and told the people who had no concept of what "wrong" is that it would be wrong for them to eat from that tree. He knew they'd eat from it, and they did. Then he created Hell...so that everyone would burn unless they gave him a sacrifice. He's a mob boss, basically. He set the rules, condemned everyone...and then he sacrificed himself to himself to create a loophole around the rules that he created. On top of all that, he gave us minds that were capable of rational thought, and then provided NO rational reason to believe in his existence...and then eternally punishes those who use their rational thought that he gave them. A merciful God would provide evidence of his existence, or simply create man without the ability to sin, or just forgive us like a reasonable person would.

The God of the Bible is the cruelest character ever dreamed up by man...fortunately for everyone, he's fictional.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I know not where that deep hurt that had fractured your heart comes from, and had caused you to turn both away both eyes and mind while reading the Holy Bible, looking but not comprehending, or chosed not to comprehend.

I hope that I can heal that wound, but the insignificant me have no power, and can only pray that it be removed, so that a better clarity return to you. But still, in your cynical phase, my words are but wind merely passing through your ears. It is your free will, and in time you will come to know your compassionate Heavenly Father as he is, and not on my will.

May you be healed. Take care.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The difference between you and I is this...I read the Bible...and took it to mean what it says...you read the Bible, and have spent years spinning new meanings that are the opposite of what it says and justifications for the atrocities that your god commits.

Let me make this clear...I am a happy person...I am not scarred by religion or damaged in some way by religious people. I simply read the book and decided not to spend my life making excuses for what is in it.

Does your god condone slavery? Yes, he most certainly does...and I am too moral to worship a god like that.
Does your god condone rape? Yes, he even makes it law that the victim must marry her rapist...and I am too moral to worship a god like that,
Does your god condone baby killing? Yes. In fact, he specifically orders it over and over again. I am too moral to worship a god like that.

And you know what...YOU are too moral to worship a god like that as well. You would never worship a genocidal dictator. You're too good of a person. I hope that someday you'll stop making excuses for a book of evil fairy tales and realize that you don't need it to be a good person.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
One really dumb question:

Why always the day for the End of the world is the 21st?Only the month and the year changes.

I mean let's get serious ,just see how many times the world has ended and some future dates:

220 dates for the end of the world

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

May 21, 2011?

What? No time? No May 21, 2011, at 8:34. 48 a.m.?

Pfft.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The radio station had a member of the group on this morning when I was driving into work. They basically went on to say that this would be the start of the Rapture which would be an ongoing process that would basically last until October in which the Tribulation would begin.

Part of me was wondering as I was driving in-why would it take God who is all powerful and such from May to October to get all of his people home. It's not like he's making believers charter a plane and go through TSA pat downs. If there's a Rapture coming in May (unlikely) then it will be done in an instant, I believe.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
interesting.....

Would that be October 31st? The original pagan new year? the day that the veil between living and dead is thinnest?

Makes sense in those terms, however they are a year off if they wish to be congruent with the Mayans....

The world ended a long time ago, Google Ancient Nuclear reactors in India. Oh wait, with death comes rebirth right?

For a group that follows a book that specifically states "no-one shall know the day or time" they sure as heck are trying hard.

I still say they need to take Pete's advice.. give a date a few years off so they can cash in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join