It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Hey well, Biblical scholars say Mary was aged 13-15 when she had Jesus.

So whaddya know, God's a paedo too!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by Steam

had to post this quote

Chris: God's watching me do number two? Oh man, I'm a sinner. God's a pervert.

Surveys are always BS i say that because if i get a survey form i will tick anything as it means nothing to me
and something that is hard to take seriosly

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by Steam

Let me educate you in 2nd temple judaistic society so that you do not sound like a moron in the future.

Ever thought about why we have barmitzvahs and batmitzvahs?

Well that because up to the age of 12 you was still considered a child and am under grace so are excempt from the law and sin. But at 13 you go through your bar/bat mitzvah and am no longer a child under grace but an adult in the eyes of God and nature. (Because you can repoduce and have offspring by that age)

The modern age of conscent for sex is man made and not based on nature.

In those days a lot of bat mitzvah girls married.

The modern concept is only 100 years old thus the majority of history is filled with this.

However.

You have to admit.

9 years old is wrong no matter what the time period!

And

Jewish girls were not forced to marry so could have remained unwed as long as they liked.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
You have some good points, but this one isn't. This is an illogical comparison.

If (big if, mind you) the article is true, there is a huge difference between being tried by a jury of your peers for murder and receiving the death penalty if found guilty, and killing people for religious reasons with no trial, let alone a jury. One is the implementation (or at least the attempt at it) of justice, and the other is a vigilantism in it's most trivial and small scale application, and all out war in it's most extreme.

What you have is a cheap shot there. A zippy little one liner that is as much propaganda as the article that inspired it as a rebuttal.

You are partially correct.

I only skimmed through the article, and I mistakenly interpreted it as saying that one in three Muslim students backed the death penalty for people who leave Islam. That is why I originally used that analogy.

In that regards, you are correct, as obviously an analogy between a state sanctioned death penalty and people taking it upon themselves to kill others is not logical.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Well, Mohammad may have married Aisha at 9 but he didn't consumate the marriage until she was about the same age as Mary i.e reched sexual maturity. So perhaps you'd be best calling the previous poster a moron for 'incorrectly' suggesting Mohammad was a paedophile rather than me?

Can you dispute the information found HERE? Additional sources are given on the article. Emphasis mine.

Child marriage in Judaism is restricted to female children; the earliest point at which a male is permitted to become betrothed (Hebrew: erusin) is when they reach the age of majority, 13. Although boys were regarded, by classical rabbinic literature, as sexual beings once they had reached 9 years of age, girls were regarded as sexual beings from the age of just 3. According to the Talmud, it was permissible for an adult male to have sexual intercourse with a 3 year old girl, if she was maritally single; girls could be betrothed and married (Hebrew: nissu'in) at this age.

Here's the quote from the Talmud Babli, Niddah 44b

MISHNAH. A GIRL OF THE AGE OF THREE YEARS AND ONE DAY MAY BE BETROTHED BY INTERCOURSE;

Seems to me a 3 year old can't really choose to be wed......

edit on 7-1-2011 by Nammu because: quotes

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join