It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's not only college students who approve of this- now they have 12yr olds beheading people:
(WARNING:GRAPHIC IMAGES)

barenakedislam.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Death penalty isn't bad if it's wisely used (personally, Pedos only). And strict law? Well, the only strict law should be strict financial common sense.

reply to post by zroth

Support for US foreign wars is falling fast. And most of those people are Christian. And most of those people no longer support the wars.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

reply to post by binomialtheorem

What others want do not matter. If your social group if supporting it, It's still wrong.

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I have a strict mercy policy. Give them time and education. If they maintain their violent natures, something has to be done. Now maybe I sound hypocritical by stating people who say they'd fight the government or foreign invaders should not have the same done to them, but let me explain myself. Forcing your ways is a big no no. Peacefully saying your way is better and preaching it is a-o-k. Fighting for something of the homeland is therefor ok because it is for the common good's continuity. Fighting to force your own way is simply not a productive defense of the common good, unless you are the common good. Thus we are a republic.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I do wonder what percentage of British Muslim Students make up the higher educational system in Britain, you know to get a feel of the "percentages" being thrown around..

and I would really like to know if this really is a sampling of British Muslims Students or simply Muslims Students in Britain as that would skew the results some what.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The main article is hogwash:

Mail's Wikileaks 'revelation' about Muslim students is their own 2008 story

The Daily Mail is basically using the same (faulty) survey that they themselves reported on 2 years ago (that was then mentioned in wikileaks) as an excuse to mention it again.

And the stats are just as faulty now as they were then:

"How supportive, if at all, would you be of the official introduction of Shari'ah Law into British law for Muslims in Britain?"
Very supportive - 21%
Fairly supportive - 19%"

The headline conveniently drops the clause "for Muslims", and in 2008 the clause was buried from the article completely. 2010's reporting is fractionally better, but still implies a black & white debate when in reality the question accomodates a range of views - what does "fairly supportive" mean, for example?

But the biggest and clearest misrepresentation is the claim that "one third of British Muslims students say it's acceptable to kill for Islam." This is such a blatant distortion that it's hard to explain how journalists could twist the results of the poll in such a perverse way by accident. The actual question asked was:

"Is it ever justifiable to kill in the name of religion?"
Yes, in order to preserve and promote that religion - 4%
Yes, but only if that religion is under attack - 28%

32% said that it was acceptable to kill in the name of a religion - not Islam, any religion. Of those, 87.5% said "only in self-defense", while the tiny remainder said yes to an answer that includes the confusing conflation "preserve and promote". I'm curious to know what percentage of Christians would give similar answers, and what proportion of human beings in general if we substitute "religion" for "philosophy" or "way of life".

In fact Kenneth Ballen at the Christian Science Monitor tackled this point quite neatly in 2007, in his article on "the myth of Muslim support for terror," pointing to opinion polls that showed, for example, that:

"...only 46 percent of Americans think that 'bombing and other attacks intentionally aimed at civilians' are "never justified," while 24 percent believe these attacks are 'often or sometimes justified.'"

You could report that as "54% of Americans think it's fine to kill civilians in the name of capitalism!" but then you would be as stupid as the ubiquitous anonymousity who lurks under the name "Daily Mail Reporter".

Curiously, more positive results were ignored both then and now. 89% of those surveyed said women should be treated equally, with only 5% disagreeing, only 25% had an issue with homosexuality, nearly 80% said it was possibly to be equally Muslim and British, 92% had a range of friends across cultural boundaries, and nearly 80% had respect for Jews (with only 7% expressing disrespect), while a similar number respected Atheists. More than 70% said they were more liberal than their parents.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Why do the English people want their country and racial identity turned into Pakistan?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

That additional information still creates some questionable feelings. I fail to see why killing in any religions name is justifiable ever, even if they are under attack. That and a few other things. Point remains. It creates a view that makes them leaning extremists. Unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

So you would never kill anyone who is trying to kill you, or kill or rape one of your family?

According to your definition, then, the example given in the article ("54% of Americans back bombing and intentional attacks on civilians"), showing that more than half of the Americans (as opposed to 1/3 British Muslim Students) are extremists is accurate?
edit on 4-1-2011 by babloyi because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Is for religion? Not to me. Die for your faith, but I'll defend my family regardless of religion. Question was based on religion, not for non-religious reasons. That is the key. Failure to note that is your fault.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Bah! Now you are just speaking niggling technicalities.
FINE.
So you would never kill anyone who threatened you (and your family) with death and rape if they didn't convert to their religion?

The thing with the caveat "in the name of religion" is that it is fairly vague and prone to much misinterpretation. Islam allows fighting when attacked, and many muslims would consider this "killing in the name of religion".

edit on 4-1-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Give them Sharia Law but ONLY applicable to Muslims,

They will change their view once they see family members and friends getting stoned (not the smoking type) and their hands removed for petty crimes.

Then the UK gov should say you wanted it you got it.... while the rest of the UK carry on as normal

You reap what you sow

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Well this looks bad but we are talking about student, most of which are young and a bit crazy at times. I know that I was crazy at times and very idealistic. However it is these same people that are available for recruitment by terrorists.

I really wish that they return or go to an Islamic country if the UK or US is so awful.
edit on 4-1-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

Well the Jews already have this it is called the Beth Din Courts. THey are for Jews only and both parties must elect to use the beth Din. I have no problem and have no dog in that race. Of course it must operate in a manner that is lawful in the UK but I have "no dog in that race".

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Lucifer84

Well the Jews already have this it is called the Beth Din Courts. THey are for Jews only and both parties must elect to use the beth Din. I have no problem and have no dog in that race. Of course it must operate in a manner that is lawful in the UK but I have "no dog in that race".

As a Jew I have to say that this is wrong too and should not be allowed in the UK period.

One law for all or we have a separated and compartmentalised nation.

Why should a Jew not go in front of a British judge if a crime has been commited? Why shouldnt a Muslim, Sikh, Hindu Buddist, alpha centuri presbetarian?

Im sick and tired of minority groups bleating their little causes.

One law for all.

Dont like it?

Piss off and dont slam the door on the way out!

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
more propaganda BS , its stuff like this that keeps people from expanding their spirituality , and believe me when i tell you ..that this is not correct most Muslims do not want people to be killed , and about the only truth to that might be the sharia law part , i can go on and on about why this article is a propaganda stunt , but before i do that ,i must share with you a part of my self , i was born and raised a Mormon from a very strict conservative family , i then converted to Christianity , and yet still i did not have spiritual truth in my heart and it was not untill i found one religion that made the most sens and that wiped away all thoughts that their might not be a creator it filled me with more love then i can give away in one single day , it humbled me beyond my hearts content and for this i am so very greatfull ,for i have no more hate in my heart , i see beauty in every living thing , i see love in every person and i am at peace , and this religion i found was Islam i still have yet to convert , not because of fear or anything like that , its because i am still learning , and i feel i owe it to god to be completely pure in heart when the time comes , also ,my wife and family and children are christian ..and i fear loosing my kids i have to constantly fight with her family and my family because of their views ., the vies i once had .. a year ago i was probly the biggest Muslim /Islam hater ..i was so filled with hate ..like i used to hear the music and it sounded to evil to me .. now it sounds so beautiful .and peaceful ,... please take into consideration my words and dont limit your self expand your spiritual horizon , and if you are indeed content in your religion ,then please be humble in your feelings towards humanity we are all indeed brothers and sister under the same creator and we never seem to think about that when we pull the trigger ..... inshallah my words might open your eyes as mine have been open .and if i went blind tomorrow then i tell you my brothers my life work would be complete,because i dont need my eyes to see and make decisions for i now have my loving heart to see for me

salam alaikum ! love Nephi
edit on 4-1-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Well you have my respect for your spiritual journey. I wish more people would do some spiritual enquiry. Perhaps in time your family will realise that you do not kill people or am planning a bombing or hae not lost your mind. In short I hope they realise that your are still essentially you.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

As a Jew I have to say that this is wrong too and should not be allowed in the UK period.

One law for all or we have a separated and compartmentalised nation.

Why should a Jew not go in front of a British judge if a crime has been commited? Why shouldnt a Muslim, Sikh, Hindu Buddist, alpha centuri presbetarian?

Im sick and tired of minority groups bleating their little causes.

One law for all.

Dont like it?

Piss off and dont slam the door on the way out!

I could not agree more, but it will never happen.

It's like we are being conditioned to hate each other....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Regardless of this heated topic, members posting should know that civility IS required, not just asked for.

If you are not able to control your anger, don't post.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If the authorities suspect any muslim of being involved in terror or hate crimes, they should be able to deport them immediately with no trial. Add to this a ban on building new mosques and forming any islamic groupings and we are well on the way to getting our country back.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
reply to post by Nephi1337

Well you have my respect for your spiritual journey. I wish more people would do some spiritual enquiry. Perhaps in time your family will realise that you do not kill people or am planning a bombing or hae not lost your mind. In short I hope they realise that your are still essentially you.

thank you my good man thank you .i hope they can view many more people like me in the same light as you have

Peace be with you

Nephi

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join