It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to the sound of particle pings: Scientists turn Large Hadron Collider data into music Read m

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Listen to the sound of particle pings: Scientists turn Large Hadron Collider data into music Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...[/hea dline]
www.dailyma il.co.uk

Scientists working at the world's biggest particle smasher have turned the masses of data emitting from it into sound for the first time.
More than 40million pieces of data are processed by the Large Hardon Collider (LHC) every second as it seeks to prove the existence of particles such as the Higgs boson, which researchers believe endows everything in the universe with mass.
Until now the LHC, which lies deep in a 17mile-long beneath the border of France and Switzerland, has produced colourful images as it outputs the data.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I had seen that the data had been altered into pictures but this is quite kooky.

For those interested in all things hadron it is quite cool. It might have been cooler synthed as firework explosios instead of the otherworldly tune that is here: i.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailyma il.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-1-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This made me sort of miss those nuts that were demanding the second the LHC was turned on, it would create a black hole that would swallow the world.

what ever happened to those kooks anyhow...ahh the good ole days.

now all we have are the 2012 nuts to be amused with...then what? we are running out of fruit loops to laugh at once 2012 is over.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Its ok I'm sure they will want to build an even bigger collider soon. I miss them too it provided hours of entertainment

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

New data on the origins of the universe is pouring in from the LHC so quickly that physicists may extend the current opening phase of their 'Big Bang' project to the end of 2012. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

There is your answer, 2012 predictions added to the fact they will be doing the last of the "Big Bang" experiments at the end of 2012.I guess that will just serve as more fuel to the fire for the 2012 doomsayers.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Dreamwatcher because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
it sounds like a broken music box especially after about 2/3s
if you know what i mean

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah its pretty cool thou

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Rather interesting.. Almost a zen like quality to it.. Thanks for sharing it..

top topics

join