It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sarah Palin be right about Michelle Obama?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But if I ever met a politician that was pro-smoking...I would quickly lose respect for that politician.

You probably wouldn't have much respect for almost all the lawmakers from the states of Kentucky, North Carolina and Virginia... Tobacco gets them elected.

I too am a smoker, but I have always wondered how a government founded(supposedly) on the principle of our general welfare can regulate and tax a product that is proven to be hazardous human health. The same thing goes for alcohol.

Don't get me wrong, I am a libertarian, so I don't want them outlawing any products. It just seems really stupid to pay subsidies to tobacco growers, tax and regulate tobacco... then spend more government dollars to urge us not to use those products.
Government =
, most of the time.

edit on 4-1-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by zuul000

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by hawkiye

When asked specifically if it was between Sarah Palin or Barack Obama...Palin gets toasted

Actually...the only one close to winning over Barack is a toss between Huckabee and Romney...and both of those lose if it was today...however, they are in the swing area where if they do a bit of magic, could potentially swing it.

Palin is a insult.

Is Palin "a insult" or "an insult"?

Give it a rest will you?

Your constant nit-picking is becoming a tad annoying.

As long as we can get the gist of the post who cares about a few spelling errors?

If someone comes prancing in here on his ballerina slippers calling people "knuckle dragging neanderthals" [sic] while barely able to string three coherent (or correctly spelled) words together it would be woefully remiss of me not to sit on his face each time he pounds out yet another example of his land grant college degree work.
edit on 4-1-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by freedish

Yes. She is right about Ms.Obama.

Explain.

Just a hunch

Fair enough. But I find Palin's actions insulting. From my Feminist standpoint - - she is "supposedly" on the level of running for president - - - then she goes bitchy on another woman. I don't buy the argument - the First Lady is "politicized" as well when her husband becomes president.

Palin took a "catty" cheap shot. Right there on the same level as Sharron Angle telling Harry Reid to "Man Up".

edit on 4-1-2011 by Annee because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Simply identifying with some of the posters on this thread, whom suggested Sarah was an idiot. I proved otherwise. Besides, who gives a s### about some dumb first lady pushing fat people syndrome? I guess Ms. Obama couldn't conjure up something actually constructive to do?

Seems to me that Palin not Ms Obama should find something constructive to do, like get an education.
First, does your tax dollar pay for schools that are administrated by your governments? Please, look it up if you don't understand this. The other clue is Department of Education. Forget about them? Yes the government has a vested interest in the education of the populous.
Oh and lets just take this out of the female ball park for a bit. Should you be dissing Arnold Schwarzenegger? Funny, but from 1989 to 1993 he chaired the President's Council of Physical Fitness. HERE!
Gee, when did Ms Obama conjure this up again? Sources please!
edit on 4-1-2011 by DaWhiz because: include the PCoPFaS history link

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

it would be woefully remiss of me not to sit on his face each time he pounds out yet another example of his land grant college degree work.

Interesting choice of words. Now that you have covered the fact that you are so erudite, perhaps you could actually address any of the points made and not the proper use of indefinite articles? Back to your claim that Palin would beat Obama in the 2012 election...

Clarification: Apologies for the confusion between posters. I mistook the person who misread an out of date poll to say Palin could be president for the poster that debunked the lie that America has fat children or McDonalds.
Very sorry to all involved.
edit on 4-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Omg to even think that people could be taking that dumbass seriously is hilarious. First of all we are talking about the woman who thinks America is based on the bible and not the Constitution. I mean if that is Republican talk then I don't know what is. First of all Michelle Obama is doing something good, other countries laugh at us because we are a lazy and fat country and we need to start getting healthy. This isn't new too, past first lady's did Anti movements like this all the time. Sarah Palin is just being an annoying dumbass who doesn't know her own country. She needs to go back to her little ant village in Alaska.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

it would be woefully remiss of me not to sit on his face each time he pounds out yet another example of his land grant college degree work.

Interesting choice of words. Now that you have covered the fact that you are so erudite, perhaps you could actually address any of the points made and not the proper use of indefinite articles? Back to your claim that Palin would beat Obama in the 2012 election...

I never claimed that.

Next?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Source1

Six in 10 voters say they would not even consider voting for the former Alaska governor if she launches a White House bid, and she loses badly to President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 general election test.

Source2

And a new poll indicates that Obama leads the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee by 22 points. According to an NBC/Wall Street Journal survey released Wednesday, 55 percent say they would back Obama in a possible 2012 showdown, with 33 percent saying they would support Palin.

I could go on, but its sort of pointless.

Your -old- poll didn't even suggest they would vote for her..just that she has more in common with them
you know what...I have more in common with Bush than Obama day to day..I live somewhat in the sticks and occasionally clear brush...I find him the epitome of the type of person NOT to vote for.

Sorry if you do not see the difference between a old poll that asks which one is more like you verses a updated one of which one you would vote for. Typically this is a tactic of people whom want to bury their head in the sand about how bad a choice they are picking...enjoy the sand.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I tend towards agreeing with Sarah Palin. I dont want governemnt interfering and or telling me what I can or cannot eat..as is New York and or other states attempting to do with cooking oils or grease.
It is not difficult to see that in time this will be mandated by government.

I also think that far back as I can remember..to Jimmy Carter...concerning both political parties...the standards of intelligence for the President of the United States is not that high. Not as high as most of us think.

I dont understand what most of you are doing labeling her "Idiot" in lieu of what happened with some of these other presidents going back to Jimmy Carter in my time. I think some of you think with your emotions and dont check up on the caliber or intentions of your media sources. The media sources are suspect as far as I am concerned. All of them.

Also agree with the poster early on in this thread about what our public school system has done to us. A public education is not much to boast about here in America today.

Iamonlyhuman wrote...on page 1 of this thread and I agree.,..

You are correct. Government is in charge of the public school system. Look where that's gotten us

The standards/requiremenmts for President of the United States are not as high as most of us think. This means the standards for Senator, Represenatives, Judges..et al..are also not that high. This should be obvious to many of us after years of observation of Washington as well as state and local governments.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You wanna know what's funny?

You claim to believe in survival of the fittest, yet all I see is people wanting to force me to "be healthy" and "do this or that".

The biggest overweight group in the US are the poor.
they cannot afford the better foods, so tend to eat things with high fat content (the cheap stuff).

They also get free medical care paid for by tax dollars. They go to hospitals and never pay their bill because they have no insurance.

The survival of the fittest is now survival of the smartest...and we as a society must smarten up or bust. incidently, we are busting..both as a society, and chairs from our collective weight.

Its not a case of ignore it and it will go away...its ignore it and it will sink you along with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Topic:

NOT grammar, spelling or individual perceptions regarding a fellow member's character or person.

Thank You

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The Topic:

NOT grammar, spelling or individual perceptions regarding a fellow member's character or person.

Thank You

Grammar was brought-up when another member said persons of a particular political persuasion were "knuckle-dragging neanderthals" and misspelled every third word when they did it. In interest of fair-play is it reasonable to assume those posts will also be censored? Thank you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join