It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with the sexual development of human males?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Is something wrong with the sexual development of human males?

Pretty crazy.

Here we go:

Original Article:
www.thehalsreport.com...

Have you noticed there aren’t as many males in the world anymore? Well, there isn’t. A growing body of evidence has begun to show something is wrong with the sexual health of human males.

To begin with, Sperm counts have dropped by 50% in the last 50 years worldwide. (1) On the other hand, sperm abnormalities and rates of male infertility have increased radically. Rates of testicular cancer have also doubled in the last 20 years.The question is, why?

Scientist now believe certain man made chemicals are to blame. These chemicals have been known to interfere with the male hormonal system where they wreak havoc on the building blocks of male sexual development. The problem is, they are everywhere.

60 years ago synthetic chemicals were a futuristic novelty. Since that time, the chemical industry has developed more than 90,000 man made compounds and the vast majority have never been tested for effects on human beings.

These chemicals are found in virtually every consumer product. Chemicals like Bisphenol-A make plastics hard. Other chemicals called Phthalates make plastics soft. They make cosmetics smell good and our fabrics stain resistant. Yet the question remains, is it really worth it?

Full Article:
www.thehalsreport.com...
No wonder some people are paranoid.

edit on 3-1-2011 by acroagogue because: Just a added a bit to end.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to
make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

edit on 3/1/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by acroagogue

that reminds me of john titor, saying that men would have low , non existent sperm count in the future. a lot of current world events remind me of john titors posts.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
nice!

i love going to bars where there are more girls than guys!

but this just proves how we have to stop using artificial chemicals. i just wish the 'internationalists' would start obeying ETHICAL laws instead of laws they wrote via lobbyists.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gateway30

yup

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It's all that GMO crap and the sh*t they put in our water.

Ok, you can all laugh when I tell you those aliens coming want all the men gone because they want your women to have alien babies.

Even I've conditioned my sons to marry young so I can have human bubbies for grandchildren

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

"i just wish the 'internationalists' would start obeying ETHICAL laws instead of laws they wrote via lobbyists."

As do I sir, as do I.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't think this is an internationalist thing, it's more like a western thing. Because china has a lot of excess males, millions of them... Uh, oh!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me why the population of this world is still growing at an ever increasing rate?

Or would that contradict these scientific findings?
edit on 3-1-2011 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

The government will soon initiate a new nationwide census. This survey will once again confirm that China's birth rate is extremely low and the population is gradually getting older.

It is true there are more males than females but that has to do with the 1 child policy. Couples are actually choosing to have girls over boys.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Because the chemicals are not potent enough, or are not widespread enough, or not in high enough concentrations; to be causing the population to dwindle.

The data clearly shows a sharp CLIMB in population. Not a decrease.

My own personal data (kids), shows a increase in pop.

Perhaps we are like insects, and we are becoming Tolerant of the levels of chemicals. You never know. We could have already adapted to them and readjusted.

We don't have enough data to know whats really going on yet.

That's why I think we rush new products out without doing enough testing on them first. We really don't have a clue what we are playing with when it comes to newly synthesized molecules lol.

I guess we are like cockroaches. Haha!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

In its "medium variant" projection, the UN Population Division forecasts that world population, currently around 6.1 billion, will rise to 9.3 billion in 2050 and keep growing. But according to Ben Wattenberg, senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, what's more likely is that world population will peak at around 8 billion about the year 2030 and then start to decline (perhaps precipitously). The difference is that the UN's "medium" assumptions are too high, says Wattenberg; the overwhelming demographic story of our time, he writes, is that "never have birth and fertility rates fallen so far, so fast, so low, for so long, all over the world, yielding populations in decline."

Full article:
findarticles.com...

Not sure if this is what your looking for.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Two girls for e-very guy.....
I got a 37 ford and they call it a woody (surf city here we come)
I can hear it now...threads like this really annoy me, allot.
If people would only stick to their meds, things would not seem so bad usd.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Personally I think this is a good thing!

The world is far to populated as it is. Maybe if we start having weak sperm then the world can recover a little bit. If we, as a global society, could reduce birthing rates to only one child per couple (and not aborting the first child for a preferred gender, with regards to rape and other unforseen events) then we could focus on fixing the world, instead of chopping the durned forests down, building new subdivisions, and bio-engineering our food.

One child is all people can really afford these days anyway. I would love to have two, but I know I really only desire to pay for one. Luckily, I have been smart enough to hold off until I am financially ready to pay for a kid.
edit on 1/3/2011 by Seitler because: clarification

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

but what about the men who want to have a son to pass on their y chromosone and the surname to the next generation?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skischoow

I don't want to sound rude, but that is precisely the selfishness that has caused such global clutter. Trust me, I am a guy, I am 25, I know what it means to carry a unique name... how many Seitlers have you come across?

I would love nothing more than to have a boy, BUT if I have a girl I will be more than happy to stop with just her. That is the terrible problem with people. We put too much emphasis on the "self" instead of focusing on the "whole".

I am also not anti abortion. I am pro-choice. That said, if we have all of these people choosing to have a boy to carry the family name on, then who are they to mate with? We need balance. We as a species have shown that we are completely unable to provide that balance by shear desire, or by force. In the end, none of it matters. The world is going to end up dead. Why? Because we can't look away from the looking glass. We need to see ourselves as unique, and thus make the world bow to our will. This is how it has always been, and this is how the world is going to end.

Its all vanity

Don't forget, the couple can choose what last name to give the child. The father's name is not imposed, it is selected by the couple. If you teach a girl to be dominant, then she can basically tell the guy to piss off and give the child her (your) last name.
edit on 1/3/2011 by Seitler because: add to point

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

It's not a good thing because it affects our DNA, and worse, we end up with mutations or damaged DNA in our children

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I remember watching a special about radiation mutations on marine life. After just 1 generation separated from the mutation-causing radiation, the mutations went away naturally. It turned out that genetically, the transfers relied on constant exposure to the radiation to transmit through the generations.

One the exposure ceases, then the mutations "should" go away by natural rejection. I don't feel like digging for the source information for this, but it had to do with the extra fin on some fish or dolphin not growing properly. If you want to look, feel free. Though I don't think it would help my case being this was the only evidence I have to back my case.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

One of my Organic Chemistry teachers was adament about sharing this information with all of his classes, and that was over 10 years ago. He blamed it on PCVs PVCs in our foods, and Flouride, Chlorine, and Prescription meds in our waters. Since he first started talking about it, there have been many studies showing how fish are becoming effeminized in our streams due to so much prescription medications, pain killers, anti-depressants, and illicit drugs being flushed down the toilets. If it is happening to fish, it is surely happening to us.

He used to say that men were becoming infertile at an alarming rate, and he rarely ate any food that he didn't grow himself.

This particular professor was well-published and decorated at the university here, but a few years ago he had a falling out with the admins and he is now retired. Turns out he was right on the money though!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

There are also studies to show that since China's "1-child" policy went into effect, the birth rates of females in the Western world have been on the rise. Mother nature is very good at equalizing the playing field. Apparently since China is so off balance in males, mother nature is compensating by giving us more females in the West. Great for us!! More Western females, plus a steady supply of adopted Asian females to add to the mix in the West! Great news for western men!! And what does China have to show for it? Roving gangs of adolscent males, small entirely male communities cropping up, more violence and crime, and even reports of higher insanity rates. It is not natural for large numbers of men to be travelling around with no possiblity of mating.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It would be interesting to compare sperm counts between Third World and developed countries.

If there were some clear difference then that would suggest obesity and chemicals in food have some role.

I suspect Third World males and those in manual labour have healthy counts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join