It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Speech by Ron Paul: Stop The Police State, Repeal The PATRIOT Act!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
An organisation is only as avaliable as the people that makes it function.

I wonder what will happen if NO ONE signs up for employment with such organisations.

No doubt everyone needs to eat and family to feed, jobs hard to come by, but why at the expense of others' lives, when they either know or intentionally ignore such evil and unconstitutional issues being done to their fellow citizens?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
An organisation is only as avaliable as the people that makes it function.

I wonder what will happen if NO ONE signs up for employment with such organisations.

No doubt everyone needs to eat and family to feed, jobs hard to come by, but why at the expense of others' lives, when they either know or intentionally ignore such evil and unconstitutional issues being done to their fellow citizens?

When martial law starts walking down Main street (notice I didn't say IF), they might have to shoot rioters. There paid to do a Job, they might not like it or even approve it, but it's a Job. The Government is only Interested in protecting the order of Governance.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
When does the congress vote on the Patriot Act?
My apologies if this has been asked already.

Thank You.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

I often wonder if a police state does become reality, how the police that are ordered to basically turn against their own people will react. I mean they can't all be power bloated zombies...can they?

I'd like to think that they would realize that they would be the real terrorists in that situation.

A boy can dream i guess...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Ron needs to run in 2012. I believe this will be the year of mass protests in our country as more and more people are waking up. Here is a video that has almost 9 million hits and growing. Maybe we the people will finally stand up this year. Thanks OP for this thread.

That video is disgusting! It attributes all the current problems of the USA to "Mr. President", i.e. Barack Obama, who had the misfortune of inheriting all the detritus created by his predecessor. The video goes so far as to quote George W. Bush as as some sage font of wisdon.

Give me a break! Under what rock have those producers been living the past twenty years?It's nothing but thinly veiled propaganda designed to sway those with weak minds.

Where were the producers of this hit piece when George W. Bush was trashing the country?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. I do not even recognize the America I grew up in anymore. The only terrorists that have been caught are the ones that our intelligence and spy services created in the first place. They provide an environment for terrorists to foment, they provide them with a "bomb", then they parade them around while they use it as an excuse to deny us ever more freedom. Anyone remember when the motto was that they were jealous of our freedom and if we allowed them to take that away, then they had won. WELL THE TERRORISTS ARE WINNING, AND THEY BELONG TO THE US GOVERNMENT.
edit on 1-4-2011 by groingrinder because: Spelling errors. Note to office staff: FIRE MISS BUXLEY IMMEDIATELY

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Everything that video accuses President Obama of is true. But everything that video accuses President Obama of was even more true when Bush was President. It is truly odd how things do not change from Republican administration to a Democratic administration. In both cases, the will of the people has been ignored.

[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

[color=#FFFFFF]Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

WAKE UP AMERICA AND STOP ELECTING THIEVES, LIARS, AND WHOREMONGERS!
edit on 1-4-2011 by groingrinder because: Edited to provide additional PARTRIOTIC and educational content.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurReality

I often wonder if a police state does become reality, how the police that are ordered to basically turn against their own people will react. I mean they can't all be power bloated zombies...can they?

I'd like to think that they would realize that they would be the real terrorists in that situation.

A boy can dream i guess...

I don't think it's that's hard to Imagine

Go back to the Future 15 years ago in L.A. with Rodney King. Martial Law was Installed and your rights to walk the street were revoked. And that just started because of One Person. So imagine that happening in every city.

So if the US had to pay the same price of Petrol as other Countries $5-6 a GALLON, people unemployed losing their Homes again. It's easy to see where this is going.

Thing I don't get right now, is there is a lot wierd sh*t happening in US right Now. But mainstream news and the Morning Shows must be living in Disneyland where everybody is Hap Hap Happy Aweeee Look a cut little Puppy. It's as if the Government has basically gagged them about anything related to money. Meanwhile the Government is saying everything is Honky Donkey while printing 100 Billion Pesos every month.

I don't think it's that far from People jumping the Border to get INTO Mexico.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

It is like both political party's took the worst things a gov does or will do as given to us in books like "1984" and "Atlas Shrugged". The willingly ignorant will easily subjugate themselves for food and shelter these books imply. Then the people assigned to look out for the population lose connection with what makes people tick as the reach for gold. Rather than regulate the thieves they regulated the marks and as long as the marks aren't willing to connect the dots, they get used and abused. Protections guaranteed all free people have been circumvented and eventually the rule of law will catch up with this bunch of would be kings. Let us hope this is accomplished with out a civil war.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman

It is like both political party's took the worst things a gov does or will do as given to us in books like "1984" and "Atlas Shrugged". The willingly ignorant will easily subjugate themselves for food and shelter these books imply. Then the people assigned to look out for the population lose connection with what makes people tick as the reach for gold. Rather than regulate the thieves they regulated the marks and as long as the marks aren't willing to connect the dots, they get used and abused. Protections guaranteed all free people have been circumvented and eventually the rule of law will catch up with this bunch of would be kings. Let us hope this is accomplished with out a civil war.

Well somethings gotta give, you can't keep printing money from now to eternity hoping somebody's going to let you off the credit hook. No matter what Obama does from now, it's screwed One way or the Other. Probably the only saving grace would be all the countries doing trade with US turn turtle first. That is a Possibilty, but then were all screwed.

And how many US Bankers have been arrested for Fraud?, protesters against the Banks were arrested, but not a single Banker.(except Madoff). Is this Wierd or What?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I fully agree that Paul should run for the BIG office in 2012. The trouble is, I can't see him even making it to the ballot. The reason I say that is simple: THE PEOPLE DON'T/CAN'T CONTROL WHO RUNS WASHINGTON. If the powers that be, (the Illuminati) want a specific person to hold the office of President, it will be. I can't imagine them wanting a '# disturber' like Ron Paul sitting in the oval office.
Most level headed people know that Paul would make the ideal President, but unfortunately, that won't happen.
I fully agree that either Ron Paul, or Jesse 'The Body' Ventura should run the country. But, I can't see that happening in my lifetime, or my child's.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I used to hope the democrats would repeal the patriot act. Now maybe the Tea party can force the republicans to? It will take far more numbers of new members of congress to get it done. Everyone that has been in power wants to stay in power. The patriot act helps them stay in power.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigslick
I used to hope the democrats would repeal the patriot act. Now maybe the Tea party can force the republicans to? It will take far more numbers of new members of congress to get it done. Everyone that has been in power wants to stay in power. The patriot act helps them stay in power.

Always remember that you are living in a republic and a democracy at that. It is you that gave power to your elected legislators and got him there in the first place. He OWES you a living and not the other way around. Should he act against you, then you must get majority others and convince them why you are right and then collectively to either make him listen to you or get him impeached.

If you fail to act or refuse to act, and if he has his own agenda, it will be your lethargy that he is counting on to get his way or paid by others to do their bidding. The direction of the country and power is in your hands now

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Bigslick

Always remember that you are living in a republic and a democracy at that. It is you that gave power to your elected legislators and got him there in the first place. He OWES you a living and not the other way around. Should he act against you, then you must get majority others and convince them why you are right and then collectively to either make him listen to you or get him impeached.

If you fail to act or refuse to act, and if he has his own agenda, it will be your lethargy that he is counting on to get his way or paid by others to do their bidding. The direction of the country and power is in your hands now

Democracy?

In the Final run for Leader of Pack, who Picked Obama to be the Name on the Ticket?
Did you pick Biden to be 2IC, Did you pick Hilary to be Head of State?

It's not really a democracy when somebody else Picks them for you.
You Chose somebody to choose for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join