It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Speech by Ron Paul: Stop The Police State, Repeal The PATRIOT Act!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
unfortunately none of them can be trusted because politicians only know how to lie to get their way.

BATE AND SWITCH is the name of that game.

if Americans want change they have to REMOVE the obstacles

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I agree with Dr. Paul across the board and have to wonder what kind of Americans could disagree with any of the list of concerns and changes he stands for. Now, if you are feeding at the public trough, are a career State or Federal Worker, Politician or Welfare State Fan, then I suppose you would of course not agree with him. For my part, I watch who opposes more than who is for.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dr.Paul is there simply because his constituents put him there

Paul has the most conservative voting record of any member of Congress since 1937

First campaigns

Inspired by his belief that the monetary crisis of the 1970s was predicted by the Austrian School and caused by excessive government spending on the Vietnam War[11] and welfare,[12] Paul became a delegate to the Texas Republican convention and a Republican candidate for the United States Congress. In 1974, incumbent Robert R. Casey defeated him in the 22nd district. When President Gerald Ford appointed Casey to head the Federal Maritime Commission, Paul won an April 1976 special election to fill the empty seat.[13] Paul lost some months later in the general election, to Democrat Robert Gammage, by fewer than 300 votes (0.2%), but defeated Gammage in a 1978 rematch, and was reelected in 1980 and 1982.

Paul was the first Republican representative from the area; he also led the Texas Reagan delegation at the national Republican convention.[14] His successful campaign against Gammage surprised local Democrats, who had expected to retain the seat easily in the wake of the Watergate scandal. Gammage underestimated Paul's support among local mothers: "I had real difficulty down in Brazoria County, where he practiced, because he'd delivered half the babies in the county. There were only two obstetricians in the county, and the other one was his partner."[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He should be the president, but im sure he wont be...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Love me some Ron Paul, but there is no way they are giving up the powers of the Patriot Act (peacefully). I just don't see it. And, most of those politicians that are going to Washington have either already been bought or are really just too slow to figure out what is actually occurring around them.

I sound like such a pessimist, but I can't see roses where there's only a pile of manure and some fat rich flies.

With that kind of zero support Ron Paul is going to have a hard time getting his voice heard in Congress. Give up before you start, why don't you, instead of actually putting your energy behind someone who is actually speaking out and WANTS to change things.

Apathy rules!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

I watch who opposes more than who is for.

Smart
That would make a good slogan under your Avatar

edit on 3-1-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Though Ron Paul may not be the ultimate solution to the problems we have, at least, in my opinion, he is a step in the right direction.

As for the nay sayers and those that think its to late or will take to long, your right. As long as you sit there crying about it and do nothing, it will. We didn't get into this mess over night and we won't get out of it if we don't begin. Taking that first step is the hardest (this doesn't apply to all of you but if it does apply, sorry about that). Do something. Even if its wrong, at least you'll know you tried.

s&f to the op. Thanks for taking the time to research this material and having the courage to post it.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
reply to post by truthquest

I agree,

Dr. Paul may just in fact want to help his community. The very reason he is in the ring with all the vipers is because he is trying to change what he feels needs to be changed (no small job there). Let's hope in the hour of need he doesn't sell out like almost every other politician in for the wrong reasons. How would all the 3 letter agencies deal with anything less than a Manchurian Candidate?

Ron Paul will NEVER sell out.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I don't get the sense he would either, and I hope he goes all the way to the White House (preferably with Jesse Ventura as his VP) but you know more than I how ATS is fertile ground for the politically cynical.

I just can't help but think how much this scenario resembles David and Goliath. The Goliath being the entire military industrial, corporate, alien, Illuminati, FEMA, New World Order, CIA, FBI, NSA, NASA etc... agendas that would prefer to see him out on his ear.

God Speed Dr. Paul. Keep your head up and your stick on the ice!!

edit on 3-1-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Stop the Patriot act?

That will never happened.That was one of the reasons 9/11 happened in the first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Under the Patriot act, by stating the Patriot Act is Umamerican should be enough to have him sent to one of those Residential Centers that don't exist.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Really don't see the Patriot Act being rolled back....Bush enacted Patriot Act but Obama and his supporters seem to view individual liberties as a roadblock to fulfilling a sinister agenda...given the Google spying and "terror lists," the outcome may be far worse than most Americans can imagine.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Ron needs to run in 2012. I believe this will be the year of mass protests in our country as more and more people are waking up. Here is a video that has almost 9 million hits and growing. Maybe we the people will finally stand up this year. Thanks OP for this thread.

I disagree. Paul is good activist at trying to keep the bastards honest.
The president doesn't run the country, he's only a Figure head, spokesman.
It's all the people you didn't vote for that run the Country, that's the Problem.

Why do you think Oboma promised to go down a different track, but when in Office the country's still going down the same track with the same goals as the predessor.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

----------------------
I love Ron Paul. I saw that video before--it disturbs me on many levels. It's all about smearing Obama; it even quotes Bush! Bush!? Bush of the "UN-Patriot(ic) Act"! Imo, it's a propaganda piece by the neo-con faction of the Republican Party!! Both parties are soooo corrupt; leaders of both parties are bought-and-paid-for puppets! I, for one, am sick and tired of our young men and women dying in wars based on lies, while some people make videos glorifying the same. While certain groups make millions/billions off those lies! At the same time, do know that I respect and admire our military, am proud of them that they are willing to die to protect our freedoms--what I'm saying is that I believe their hearts were in the right place--they believed the lies. Some have and are waking up to the reality that they've been lied to, though, and that's a good thing, imo.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Yea, I didn't like the references to BUSH either, but I thought it was a good video overall. IMO, we need a third party or we need Ron Paul to be President. I really believe that Paul would fight all the corruption and bring the government back to where it needs to be. I don't see that happening though because the Elite won't let it. Hundreds of thousands of Americans need to march on DC and demand the Patriot Act be abolished. If anyone can get it together, I will be there...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately for Americans, they have few, if any, leaders who will stand up and push to have the Patriot Act abolished. In fact, a law should be passed where insidious legislation like the Patriot Act should never be permitted in a "free" society. Since electing cowardly greed driven garbage is what Americans specialize in, they are stuck with this trash that uses and abuses the citizenry. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Everybody is beating the drum of "vote the bums out of office". How many times does it have to be said that they are all on the same team? How many times does it have to be pointed out that there is a scheme in place to pit us against each other? Left vs. Right. "Divide and conquer". Let's look at the grand illusion:

G.W. Bush: Patriot Act. One of the biggest infringements on our freedom to come along in decades. When you factor in the DHS, TSA and the newly found powers of FEMA, it's downright scary. The curious part is, the Patriot Act was supposedly composed in a month or two. Doubtful. It was ready to go before 9/11 ever happened.
B.H. Obama: Nationalized Healthcare. A huge power-grab on the social end of things. Again, he was pushing for "Obamacare" the minute he took office. I would be willing to bet that the first draft was in the bag before the election even took place.

So, we have one president feigning concern for our "Freedom". ie. Radical Islam want to destroy "Freedom Loving People". Therefore, to protect our "Freedom", we have to go to war and created the DHS and TSA and build up FEMA. Then we have another president, feigning concern for our health. Yea, right. That was nothing more than another power-grab. Why does Obamacare forbid using our Flexible Spending Account on OTC drugs? Explain that to me? It's OUR MONEY! It's not like Uncle Sam gave it to us. It was either provided by our employer or we funded it ourselves. Case in point: I am a heart patient. I had single bypass surgery at the age of 48. I am on aspirin therapy as well as other vitamin supplements (Fish Oil, etc). Those things can get expensive. But, I can't use my own damned money to buy those things. And those items are preventatives! If the idiot-in-chief really cared about keeping health care costs down, he would encourage these things, not limit them.

My point is, and this is talked about all the time on ATS, the real power comes from the Illuminati, Bilderbergs, etc, not form the POTUS. The POTUS is a puppet. And if you really believe a "maverick" like Ron Paul could get in there and change things, you are naive. Look at what happened when JFK tried to dismantle the Federal Reserve. The real powers set the agenda and the POTUS carries it out. You play ball or you die.

Between BHO and GWB, we have lost unprecedented freedoms. Because each of them comes from the "other side of the aisle", it gives the illusion of one or the other looking out for their constituents. I was once a die-hard Right-Winger...GWB could do no wrong. I agreed with everything he did and thought he had the best intentions in mind. Then I put aside my partisan bias and looked at it objectively. I suddenly saw it for what it really is.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ron Paul $@#$ golden nuggets after breakfast and diamonds after burritos!

I think WE can all agree upon this, repeal the fooking thing yesterday

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Love me some Ron Paul, but there is no way they are giving up the powers of the Patriot Act (peacefully). I just don't see it. And, most of those politicians that are going to Washington have either already been bought or are really just too slow to figure out what is actually occurring around them.

I sound like such a pessimist, but I can't see roses where there's only a pile of manure and some fat rich flies.

from the standpoint of a botanist. Manure contains large amounts of nitrogen which is one of the three key plabt foods. So yes you could bloom beautiful roses with the use of manure but to much manure will kill the roses.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Ron Paul $@#$ golden nuggets after breakfast and diamonds after burritos!

I don't know what that means butt....

I doubt it will ever be repealed, there is too much money and people involved.
Just think how many people it employs indirectly/directly and how many government agencies it hooks into. If those people loose their jobs, there will be more Leaked Info on the Governments Intentions.

So if any President Repealed this, they would be shooting themseleves in their own foot. It could be changed with only a flesh wound, but it will never totally disappear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join