It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Speech by Ron Paul: Stop The Police State, Repeal The PATRIOT Act!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is one you will want to listen to folks...

Dr. Paul UNLOADS on the Fed, the DISASTROUS foreign and domestic policies, the war industry, "neocon scare-mongering", the DESPICABLE TSA violations of american citizens, and an overall trampling of the constitutional rights of the American citizens by Big Brother.

He makes reference that the DHS is approaching near 'east germany-like, POLICE STATE behavior, as well as their Television messages invading our lives in grocery stores, hotels and shopping malls being like George Orwell's "1984".

He is telling us to stand up, and get involved, and stay on top of our elected members of congress, especially as they go into vote on reauthorization of the ever-treasonous Patriot act soon...

Some of the transcript:

There will be much work for us to do in the next year and in the next Congress. We need look no further than the grossly unconstitutional and immoral policies of the Transportation Security Administration, demanding that we either be irradiated or fondled to travel in our own country, to see that those who would deprive us of our civil liberties on the empty promise of full security will not be given up easily. We must continue standing up to them and we must not compromise.

We must not allow the out-of-control Department of Homeland Security to impose an East-German like police state in the U.S. where neighbors are encouraged by Big Brother or Big Sister to inform on their neighbors. We must not accept that government authorities should hector us via television screens as we go about our private lives like we are living in Orwell's 1984.

I'm optimistic that the incoming members of Congress understand the importance of what they have been entrusted with by the American people. But I do hope that those who elected them will watch their actions and their votes in Congress carefully. An early indication will be the upcoming vote on reauthorization of the anti-American PATRIOT Act. Defeating once-and-for-all this police state legislation will be a great way to start 2011 and the 112th Congress.

We must move ahead with confidence. Our numbers are growing.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Love me some Ron Paul, but there is no way they are giving up the powers of the Patriot Act (peacefully). I just don't see it. And, most of those politicians that are going to Washington have either already been bought or are really just too slow to figure out what is actually occurring around them.

I sound like such a pessimist, but I can't see roses where there's only a pile of manure and some fat rich flies.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ron needs to run in 2012. I believe this will be the year of mass protests in our country as more and more people are waking up. Here is a video that has almost 9 million hits and growing. Maybe we the people will finally stand up this year. Thanks OP for this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
there is no way they are giving up the powers of the Patriot Act (peacefully). I just don't see it.

I don't see them giving it up peacefully either.
If the Patriot Act was gone tomorrow, there
would be no mandate for DHS.
Martial Law in reverse.

where can I vote for that ?

however, some things have changed,
a couple judges have ruled against
certain aspects of the Patriot Act.
So there may be some light at the
end of the tunnel
but don't hold ur breath

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

How about a win win solution? Texas secedes and Ron Paul will be the president of Texas. What do you say?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

How about a win win solution? Texas secedes and Ron Paul will be the president of Texas. What do you say?

I think u would have a lot of
new residents very soon

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I've found that I don't agree much with Ron Paul but he is dead on about the patriot act. The Obama administration showed no interest in removing this unconstitutional law, infact they renewed it during the time they had a filibuster proof congress in 2009. The republicans? They introduced the damn thing and pushed it through congress days after september the 11th with Democrats. Anybody who thinks they are going to change anything has been willfully ignorant for last decade.

edit on 2-1-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If he is so discontent with the gov. then why does he work for them? Just more of the same talk. First there was the "Trading with the Enemy Act" and now "The Patriot Act". Are there any dots to be connected here?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Hows about I skip off down to Hawaii huh? Surely it's that easy right? I think secessionists view the world in black and white, though it's never that straightforward. I for one would like to see Texas split and the likes of Ron Paul assume the presidency, it will be amusing to watch the results over the years.

Ron Paul hits a nail with me on some things, but his views, this libertarianism, sounds like one heck of an '___' trip. It holds little reality to it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Did you not listen to the speech?

He never said he was discontent with the gov in general, in fact he said he was optimistic about the new shift in congress.

But he DID address some areas and policies that are in need of serious changing, and said he is going to fight against these measures, and is encouraging us to do the same.

Where's the problem?

edit on 2-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm telling you, Ron Paul is filled with too much "goodness".

His days are numbered.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Let the truth ring out like a huge flock of starlings moving as one.
Let the people be heard like a tidal surge that is too late to be stopped.

edit on 3-1-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Great speech, except it is brutally obvious the neo Conservatives sold us all out and it was an easy victory in 2008 for what I feel are people that are dangerous to the financial freedom of the common man, the hard leaning Left wing of the Democratic party..

It was easy for them to take Congress and the Presidency. The R's created the Patriot act on the backs of outright lies and scare tactics. Now we were stuck with them basically handing it off to a bunch of liberals who believe in giving the middle class' money away to third world countries and also fighting those same major wars based on those same lies, when we have people starving right here. At this point I don't know how to throw these bums out if the people don't quit voting R or D when they walk into the booth. YES this time a lot voted R but those were really based on Tea Party wins and those that won't play will be voted out next time. Maybe the Tea Party needs to move away from the R's but they are the closest thing as TPers are really middle of the road compared to the left leaning neo cons and extreme Left of the D's. Hell, we look too far right to them they are so far left.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Justoneman because: edit

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I love that Con. Paul made the remark about Tea Party candidates, he may have just became the real leader of this movement in a lot more people's eye. The movement looks right wing compared to the left leanind Neocons and the even more left Democrats. Political Science teaches that the left can be so far left it merges with the right at some point. This time the media determines what is right or left. Suddenly, wanting to be fiscally sound and stick to the principles that made us strong are considered subversive and that signals the times we live in. It appears when sound principles are vacated so openly, the crooks are trying to wrestle a little more gold from the world before they go to jail. I hope the Tea Pary gets stronger and gets the last laugh on the libs in the media calling those people tea baggers.

S & F

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I don't see any change anytime soon. Though I back Ron Paul, he constantly states that " we " the people need to stay on top of our Congressmen. Problem is, when was the last time your Congressmen called you back? Let alone got through to him/her to begin with?

Not reality..thats for sure.

There is no change coming,....ever. The government is not to be trusted. Any person who honestly believes in " change we can believe in ", is sorely mistaken, not to mention, naive beyond all recognition!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Actually, I think some of the most discontented among us would have the best chance at facilitating any REAL changes by working from the inside.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Ron Paul hits a nail with me on some things, but his views, this libertarianism, sounds like one heck of an '___' trip. It holds little reality to it.

Ron Paul is about the only one in Government that seems to be living in the real world with his eyes open to what is going on.

Anyone who so blatantly refuses to see what is going on seems, to me, to be on this proposed '___' trip... or maybe just hypnotized by the mass media mind control machine.

(not my video, I hate TV)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Added: that "tv video "is just unnatural looking;....weird.

I gotta becareful I don'twanto pull a " Chris Matthews in 2008". I don't want to be star struck into a celebrity worshipping
follower :
But If Congress were to get off its a** and not renew/ repeal the Patriot/military commissions act (as) signed by "Booosch". It would be the life saving act that brings me back to the fold of believing in my govt again. I desperately want to go back to "happy land"...

If this were to actually start to gel; I don't want to hear One Msnbc or Fox talking head "idiot" start the:" well if we disband and defund the TSA Who'll "protect us"?and kill it before it gains enough strength to survive.

I would feel less vulnerable even if security was taken over by a private corporation that collected your data and scanned your semi-naked butt.

Because a corporation doesn't have the federal judges,police and army in place to drag you to prison.You wanna get on the airplane? go through the scanner; we are protecting the flight; not fishing around in your life to find anything to arrest you for;

And we don't care WHERE you're going ;WHY you're going ; and say what do you have there on your laptop?

May God bless and guide Ron Paul and the new Congress to resuscitate the bill of rights......

edit on 3-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by 46ACE because: added

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

If he is so discontent with the gov. then why does he work for them? Just more of the same talk. First there was the "Trading with the Enemy Act" and now "The Patriot Act". Are there any dots to be connected here?

I've been discontent with every employer I've ever worked for. Do you suggest I therefore quit so I can see what being homeless on the street is like? Or is it actually just fine to work with an employer you are not content with?

The US federal government is a total joke... not even a real government. They are just an extortion ring who "contributes to the community" just like any Italian crime family does. Yet if I thought running for office would help bust the ring I would do it. Just like how the FBI sometimes will put one of their agents in a mafia ring to help bust the ring. Makes perfect sense.

I think Ron Paul was pretty clear in the speech that the dots you talk about (trading with the enemy act and patriot act) all connect to a fascist police state, which in many respects the US is already. Is that what you are talking about with the connected dots?

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I agree,

Dr. Paul may just in fact want to help his community. The very reason he is in the ring with all the vipers is because he is trying to change what he feels needs to be changed (no small job there). Let's hope in the hour of need he doesn't sell out like almost every other politician in for the wrong reasons. How would all the 3 letter agencies deal with anything less than a Manchurian Candidate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join