It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppy love - man marries pet dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I love my little Sasha quite a bit. She is cute as can be, and spends all her time either in my lap, or waiting by the front door whining after i leave.

but married? nah....she is a better friend than a wife.

If he had lots of friends and family there, either they were in on a joke or they know he is nuts and are just placating him. I suspect the former.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, if the marriage crumbles, he can say his wife was a real b**ch and a total dog, and mean it!

This is really cracking me up. If he did this for publicity, then he nailed it. If he's on the loony side, well....he still got the publicity, wanted or not.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Agree the world is a weird place.

Wonder if I could marry my coffee machine.

Maybe it could start a trend of marrying totally random stuff.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
argue this notion in a gay marriage thread and pay close attention to the reaction you receive.

i knew it was only a matter of time.

next up: multiple brides/husbands

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

Sure you can.
It wouldn't be legally binding, but you can marry anything you want.

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
argue this notion in a gay marriage thread and pay close attention to the reaction you receive.

In gay marriage thread, people are talking about LEGAL marriage. Gays can get 'married' now. It just won't include any legal rights or privileges that come with legal marriage, as I'm sure is the case with this marriage to a dog.

(6 states do permit legal same-sex marriage.)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

legal or not, in a gay marriege thread, any interpretation of love beyond that of the gay person, even when based on the same rational, is either "abuse" or "illegal".

then they will try to pretend that nobody actually wants to marry an animal, and that things like incest, polygamy, beastiality, and pedophilia simply do not exist on any significant scale.

if you leave the definition of love/marriage to be open for interpretation, cases like this will be inevitable.

there may be a few places where homosexual marriage is legal, but there are MANY MORE places where it is ILLEGAL.

likewise, there are many places where you can marry a 12 year old, however there are MANY MORE places where that would be illegal.

judgment of morality based on a legal scale seems futile to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
wonder if gets his head bitten off for looking at other poochhounds?
adogltry in heart?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Dog on shame
dog on tribe
dog nuts

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
well now when he yells "shutup b!tch!" it will be politically correct.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
Agree the world is a weird place.

Maybe it could start a trend of marrying totally random stuff.

Too late. The Eiffel Tower, for one, is already married.
I'm only assuming that there hasn't been a divorce yet.

www.telegraph.co.uk...tish-marries-Eiffel-Tower.html

I'm glad this is only platonic, but couldn't they still have lived as roommates? I mean, I love my dogs dearly, but they're way more like children to me than spouses. I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like to have spousal feelings for a pet. Or an object....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

I some how don't doubt that this man is:

Completely insane.

You could even say....
-Takes sun glasses off-
He's barking mad.
edit on 1-1-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have to admit I looked at all the photos in the link with an astonished expression, I am thankful it is a platonic relationship...

Platonic? oohhh, I dunno. Did you notice the dog trying to shove his tongue in the guys mouth on the first photo? Do you get the feeling things might "heat" up?

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is weird and stupid.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
it did not say the dog was a bich?
a gay dog wedding?

and he said he did not marry for sex.
but he did not say they are all ready haveing sex.
wow he has to wait 6 mounth for her to be on heat.
in some countries bestiality is legal.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Well I have to admit, I was thinking several things, but really it is probably like another poster said in that his friends most likely go along with his psychosis. At least he is not harming himself or others, but I do feel for the guy as dogs generally dont live all that long. I also wondered if he ever gets jealous of other dogs?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When will he slip her the love bone?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The ''marriage'' is a mock ceremony, and is hardly going to be legally binding.

I would suggest that maybe he has been badly hurt in a previous relationship and is unable to have faith in forming another strong emotional bond with a human, but he feels that he can trust his dog to provide the mutual unconditional love that he is seeking.

As long as there is nothing sexual going on - which he says there isn't - then it seems harmless enough to me.

It's not harming the dog, and if it makes the man a bit happier, then I can't see too much wrong with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join