It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain forms plan for Gulf evacuation in event of war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Britain forms plan for Gulf evacuation in event of war with Iran

www.tele graph.co.uk

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that new proposals are being drawn up to coordinate military activity in the region with local allies hostile to Iran, particularly the United Arab Emirates.

But as Iran refuses to dismantle its nuclear programme, the potential for disaster is not being discounted. "It is a huge number of people who are affected here," the source said. "There are over 100,000 Brits who live here, one million Brits who visit every year. Their safety is a matter of particular concern."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Bit by bit, piece by piece. We are being prepared for this possibility, it is becoming more and more of a reality. Scary.

More and more Iran related articles have been popping up, I'm concerned that this is the first stage, or one of many steps in the first stage. Not a groundbreaking story, but worth a look.

www.tele graph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Looks like once more uk going to follow amerika into yet another illegal / immoral war... Planning evacuations it sounds like theyve already decided to invade iran...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Just another sign they are preparing for eventual war with Iran. it's too bad. I was putting up Christmas lights for some extra cash as i am out of work and I met a beautiful young gal from Iran who had a young son who live here and and she said the people Hate their government and love America. it will be such a crime to destroy all that good will for the bankers and oil... Sigh!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Looks like once more uk going to follow amerika into yet another illegal / immoral war... Planning evacuations it sounds like theyve already decided to invade iran...

This is a very sad and unfortunate decision by our government. I thought the last two wars taught us that we just can't keep up with the big kids anymore, evidently not.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Just watched a story on SBS ,were Israel claims Irans nuclear program has encounted many set backs and they don't believe they will be capable of producing a bomb for at least another three years . Kinda gives a impression there is plenty of time , relax .Even if thats true I don't think that will matter , the clock is ticking on this one .Just a matter of time .

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Thats totally what i believe. I don't think they'd be announcing things like this if a plan wasn't already set in motion. Lets wait and see...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Before you assign credit and blame maybe the illegal war should start ya think? We have done as much as we can to work with Iran and the UN / IAEA, with the bulk of the issues coming from the IAEA and not the US. Britain is a sovereign nation and as such can make their own decisions about war or no war.

I applaud the 100 meter rush to judgment that has become a routuine here on ATS, but lets step back and see the entire chess board before making comments ok.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And your point is???????

Mr Cameron, knows full well the last two wars were and continue to be illegal for private gain!

Iran has opened it's doors to full transparent inspections, Israel has never had one,

I'm British, and i'm sick of having our boys & girls put in harms way to feed the beast called the BANKERS!

If you going to criticise, at least make one point to justify attacking another Soveriegn Nation because they won't go with the Imperialist Plans,

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I don't see a single mention in that article that indicates the the British are following anyone's orders, looks like they just might have a mind and a government of their own

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kushin
If you going to criticise, at least make one point to justify attacking another Soveriegn Nation because they won't go with the Imperialist Plans,

Because said nation already attacked another nation, removing them from pacifist status and opening them up to a counter attack from a source able to justify its own actions because of the ill actions of the now helpless victim nation. (previously the ruthlessly aggressive nation)

Examples would be *gasp* Iran, oh, and Nazi Germany, lol.

Merriam-Webster: Imperialist
: the policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect control over the political or economic life of other areas; broadly : the extension or imposition of power, authority, or influence

Okay, this sounds like something that a lot of nations do huh?

And the example text in the same link is just golden:

Examples of IMPERIALISM

1. British imperialism created the enormous British Empire.

Really, before you spill your tea and get all silly nanny on us, you should be taking a look at your own nation before you start asking Americans for any sort of explanation.

Lebewohl, er... uh, goodbye I mean.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by sir_slide

I don't see a single mention in that article that indicates the the British are following anyone's orders, looks like they just might have a mind and a government of their own

Exactly. They might be aware of possible events coming up, but preparing to evacuate one's citizens is not evidence of complicity, just acknowledging they will be a target whether we're involved or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
read wikileaks, david cameron was planning this with joe lieberman before he was elected pm. its when we let all these greed hungry idiots run our country that we end up in all kinds of trouble.
and what right does the uk have to say someone cant use nuclear power to give electricity to the masses in a cleaner way.
its like the americans saying that japan cant hunt whales, when america built its economy on whaling. its complete hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

I agree, but I think the issue is not with their desire or nuclear power, but rather why they need all the reactor types and enrichment facilities which are above and beyond what is needed simply for civil power production..

Personally, I am on the fence with regards to whether they want bombs or not, but I have no issue with them having civil power plants.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

yeah im not sure either but who could blame them if they do as i doubt they would be using them for offensive measures anyway, i mean look at north korea they havent nuked anyone and they have had them for years, but they also havent been wiped out in the way afghanistan and iraq have.
the other reason why i am so sceptical is that my government lied to me about iraq having wmd's, and david cameron and nick clegg are hardly improvements on tony blair when it comes to being untrustworthy pompous twats who are expert speakers and manipulators.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Because if they were it would definitely say "Britain follows US into blind war, yet again". If you believe Britain doesnt consult the US on every foreign policy issue available, you're a silly man!!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by space cadet

Because if they were it would definitely say "Britain follows US into blind war, yet again". If you believe Britain doesnt consult the US on every foreign policy issue available, you're a silly man!!

I'm not so sure about that statement any more... Personally I see the increase in bumping heads since Obama took office as a clear indicator that our relationship with the US has hit a rocky patch, and is currently circling the toilet.

As for the article, Britains relationship with UAE is an interesting one, which leads into my position that Foundation X was/is the Gulf states.. and that the purpose of Foundation X was to move the wealth/elite of the Gulf somewhere safe in the event of said conflict..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Eh.. whaling is a little different these days though. Don't you think?
Doesn't honestly compare.

Anyway, most things I've read about (at least about past facilities) were that Iran's nuclear facilities weren't really set up to enrich uranium to weapon grade. I don't know, my belief is that we should not go to war with them, but support the people. If we would have done that in the first place they might have made actual change during the last protests. I think they can do it and make their country a better place. it's clear they want to.

edit on 30-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The entire chess board is this. 911 happened. It changed the world. US and NATO allies invaded Afghanistan. The war then propagated to Iraq. Iran is in the center of both Afghanistan and Iraq. Iran is the next target. And anybody who says that this strategic set up to have a foothold in the middle east is just coincidental is severely blind.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Really, before you spill your tea and get all silly nanny on us, you should be taking a look at your own nation before you start asking Americans for any sort of explanation.
Lebewohl, er... uh, goodbye I mean.

Remind me again, since I have forgotten, how many legitimately elected, democratic governments have you toppled over the last say, 50 years? Pot, meet Kettle. Don't spill your piss weak "beer" and get all uneducated and incestuous on us. Stupid stereotypes can run both ways yank.

edit on 30-12-2010 by recreateaplace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join