It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New & Incredible! Mars Spirit Rover - Images Of Huge Base Station on Mars! You Have 2 See This!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Everyone is right on here about this one, It is the roof ledge over the camera. I first looked at those mars pics last week and thought the same thing as you for a moment, but there was another picture that made me realize what that was. Ill see if I can find it for you

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I found the "Hoax Thread" of this topic!

(I was searching google images for "mars rover camera hood" LOL)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is the link everyone was talking about earlier, for what it is worth.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Everyone is right on here about this one, It is the roof ledge over the camera. I first looked at those mars pics last week and thought the same thing as you for a moment, but there was another picture that made me realize what that was. Ill see if I can find it for you

That would be great if you could as I'm still not seeing what everyone else is apparently

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Check that linked thread, they have another picture with the same object in it. (First page, several posts down.)

I still stand by my opinion, tis the hood. Other pictures have the same "dots" in them, but not the "building" (So I did not grab them for evidence
)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Check that linked thread, they have another picture with the same object in it. (First page, several posts down.)

I still stand by my opinion, tis the hood. Other pictures have the same "dots" in them, but not the "building" (So I did not grab them for evidence
)

Aha! Now it makes sense...thanks for the help

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If you have changed your position, I am sorry it was not more. I always hope but am always let down. (So far

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just for general info:

Photos from the Rear Hazcam of the rover.
Both Rovers have low rez cameras that are tucked into the body of the rover.
They aren't as nearly as sophisticated as the PanCams or the Nav Cams.
They even have a fish eye lens effect.

Take a look at all the pics from the hazcams of either rover..After a while, the effect you are seeing will disappear.
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

It does make for an interesting illusion though...I'll admit to having to look twice a few few of them, due to that odd reflection, which looks really cool if there is a lot of light getting in under the Rover body.

Can you believe how well those Rovers did their Jobs?
Spirit might be dead for good. But Opportunity is still plugging along nicely.

Worth every penny of my tax money.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I imagine at this time you have already seen what everone was talking about. But if you go back to photojournal and go to rear hazcam and scroll all the way down there are more pics that show that roof sun visor thing

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Don't be discouraged!

No way would JPL allow revealing photos taken on Mars, the moon or anywhere else to be released without proper revisions (see Steven Greer video that shows a former NASA employee stating that space photos were regularly being retouched before release.)

However, this does not mean that bases on Mars are some sort of collective fantasy. The Greer video also mentions this point, and Project Camelot has several witnesses who claim off-earth bases exist on Mars and the moon (at least). Additionally, both ancient texts found on earth and channeled data from ETs state that Mars and the moon were inhabited in the past.

So chances are really pretty good that "man-made" structures exist on Mars as well as on the moon. And according to several witnesses, bases in both those locations are still inhabited.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Hi disclOsur3,thanks for your interest.I designed the rovers 1987 and the "Mirror Hood" was my way to allow the Haz(ard)Cam ,that is about knee-high,to see all around,since the mirror is CURVED.It's probably mylar/bendable and not great for imaging,but cheap,light and better than nothing.I see some animal faces reflected in the mirror in some photos because the photo-MASKERS missed the overhead shot when they X'd out the frontal obvious animal faces in clear plain view.The Mars animals are highly evolved,social and curious,traveling in mixed species.
note: this is a negative pic that shows animal faces.I can't sugarcoat it for you.Most people can't see these these animals,and I can't NOT see them.If you can't see it.sorry.If you want 1000 more pics go here for Mars People,animals,structures,fossils. s12.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I`m sorry, I`m just not buying any of these explainations. The hanger and the two ships on either side don`t look like any sort of reflection of the Mars rover to me. These explainations sound like disinfo to me. Someone on the inside goes through the trouble of "letting one slip by" and it is covered up with some lame explaination.

S&F for you OP

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

lol, I'm no disinfo agent. In fact I would love more than anything to find undeniable proof of a NASA cover-up but this just ain't it.

Or maybe it is and everyone is just stupid.

M

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have to agree with darkmask. if it was a lense hood picture as all keep saying which i do not see, there should be several lense hood pictures>
my feeling on the matter is one of the nasa cronies had a rough night on the town and the blurry vision induced by a hangover got the best of him-her and one pick snuck through. But hey, there is always an explanation for everything
Swamp gas, Chinese lanters, flairs, snails, etc, etc. Thanks op, i did not see this picture the first time around i appreciate your time

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Identified hoax. See this linked thread for the whole pic and explanation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
I`m sorry, I`m just not buying any of these explainations. The hanger and the two ships on either side don`t look like any sort of reflection of the Mars rover to me. These explainations sound like disinfo to me. Someone on the inside goes through the trouble of "letting one slip by" and it is covered up with some lame explaination.

S&F for you OP

Originally posted by allprowolfy
I have to agree with darkmask. if it was a lense hood picture as all keep saying which i do not see, there should be several lense hood pictures>
my feeling on the matter is one of the nasa cronies had a rough night on the town and the blurry vision induced by a hangover got the best of him-her and one pick snuck through. But hey, there is always an explanation for everything
Swamp gas, Chinese lanters, flairs, snails, etc, etc. Thanks op, i did not see this picture the first time around i appreciate your time

The object is a low-lying hood over the rear hazcam (hazard camera) of the rovers The object appears in EVERY full-frame rear hazcam picture taken by both Spirit and Opportunity. That's a few THOUSAND pictures. I'm surprised there are people following the Mars rovers who never saw this before.

Here's a movie I made that shows it is simply part of the rover. These pictures are from that rear hazcam

edit on 12/30/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here's an animated GIF I made that's better than the one I posted above. I made this from 15 different images from Spirit's rear hazard camera (the "rear hazcam") that were taken over the course of about 150 days. The "hood" over the camera is visible in all of these, and you can see the ground reflecting off of this "hood".

Like I said, That object is just part of the rover, and can be seen in every one of the thousands of images taken by the rear hazcam of both Opportunity and Spirit. This is not a new phenomenon, and has been talked about many time here on ATS over the years.

edit on 12/30/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I'm still trying to get people to see why that low tech innovation is so handy for proving that the images are being so masked that nasa is hiding life that shows up clearly in the mirror when reduced and enhanced.When I was a teen I had a nice fat mattress in the attic at my parents house. This mirror has the curvature of my teen innovation.You are all familiar with an "A-FRAME" roof.You are all familiar with teen boys home from high school and what they are up to.I positioned this curved piece of bendable hole-board/peg-board for hanging tools on,using hooks,up into the eaves of the A-FRAME so that it was out of sight except for laying in the bed,right overhead.I'm a very visually oriented person.
NOW you GET it.It wasmy very own very personal GALLERY.Scotch tape,masking tape,getting warmer?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I see it now, thanx. I feel rather stupid.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Sorry to report this but I am certain that a thread was just closed as a "Hoax" concerning this. I am sure a Mod will come by and offer more explanation.

With all due respect, I would love to hear the explanation as these images were downloaded directly from NASA's own website. I really don't see how they can be reflections as these images are taken from 2 separate cameras (R & L)

This image did the rounds on here last year, and the consensus was that as the HAZ cam is located down low underneath the rover, what you are seeing, the rectangle and the swirly shaped things, are actually part of the sun shade just above the camera. IOW, you're not looking at the Martian horizon, but the underside of the sun/anti glare canopy on the rover.

Sorry, just noticed this has been answered by several members.

edit on 6/1/2011 by spikey because: HAZ cam, not NAV cam correction.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Prove that these photos are (1) taken from Mars
and (2) not Shopped

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join