It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to hear this! - UFO w/official 911 tapes. Centerville, OH, 2004

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is an incident that happened on March 6th, 2004 in my hometown of Centerville, OH. This story is incredibly important to me because not only is this my hometown but I can literally go out on my deck right now and see the school, fire station and 911 center you will hear in these calls. I did not personally witness this incident but have briefly spoken to a few firefighters I know who work at this station. They say that something odd did indeed happen that night but they can not really talk about it.

I have a number of other UFO stories that I would like to share at a later time but this one is the best documented. I am not going to claim anything about my opinions in my threads, just state the facts and evidence as I have them.

Dayton and the surrounding areas is a sort of "hot spot" for activities such as this. We are very close to WPAFB here in Centerville. Maybe about 15-20 miles south/southwest as the crow flies. This may or may not explain why so many strange things are reported in this area.

I will start with a report written a while back and the official 911 calls are at the bottom. I know it is a long story but I suggest you do read it before you listen to the 911 calls.

Explosive Visitation or Uncanny Abnormality?

QUESTIONS LINGER AFTER STRANGE EPISODE

CONCERNS FOR COMMUNITY SAFETY SQUASHED

By Kenny Young

Those few residents of Centerville, Ohio who were up and about around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday morning, March 6, 2004 were going about their normal routines, waiting for daylight to break. Activity at police dispatch headquarters, meanwhile, was anything but routine.

Phone lines began to light up with citizen complaints of bizarre 'flashing in the sky' and electrical disruptions that seized a large area from Lakeview Drive to Bethel Road, Stone Lake and Linden. One after another the calls came in.

"Centerville Police?" said the flustered police dispatcher to yet another caller.

"Has the whole street called?" came the voice on the other line.

"Oh my God…" the caller could be heard exclaiming. "I saw it, it was right over my house and it hovered down… I can't believe I'm saying this! It looked like an ALIEN SHIP…!"

SOURCE

911 calls with a map to the callers locations

A cleaned up version of the 911 calls (basically the same)

I know that this story was covered in the local TV news but I can't find the videos anywhere. Here is the story from the Dayton Daily News.

05-08-04

Centerville couple convinced UFO appeared in sky
DP&L, neighbor say transformer exploded

By Katherine Ullmer

CENTERVILLE -- A full moon shone over Centerville when a young
mother nursing her 3-week-old baby at 5:30 a.m. saw the
electricity go off and on, the tops of trees glow, and bright
lights arcing outside.

Numerous 911 calls streamed into the Centerville Police
Department from Lakeview Drive residents near Stingley
Elementary School about explosions and electrical disruptions.

The couple, who asked that only their first names be used, said
they saw an alien spacecraft hovering in the sky.

The March 8 event has an area UFO researcher claiming a cover-up
by city officials who have shown disinterest in investigating.

SOURCE

MOD EDIT & NOTE:
Removed excessive copy/paste and added proper source links. Please read: Posting work written by others.

if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 15% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

edit on December 29th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

Thanks for that.. spinning lights...looks like a freaking spaceship...exploded ?
Spinning lights.. that kind of rule ball lightning out, and he say it looks like a spaceship
omg din nobody take a picture or make some video footage of this !!?!?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That's really weird...that's not too far from point pleasant, WV...remember that town?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

No video or pics that I know of. It happened at 5:30am so most people were sleeping.

I am continuing to search for more info though...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, I hadn't heard of this case until now.

The woman that worked for 911 was extremely annoying to listen to with her nasal voice and condescending tone. The one caller in particular was relaying some important info about the incredible event he witnessed and all she cared about was getting him off the phone. I understand she had a job to do, but she could have asked if he minded holding the line while she answered other calls and then took down all of the information he reported when she had the chance.

Not to mention, she wasn't listening to the people very closely...The one lady called in about the sky being lit up in a pink color, and instead she asked the guy if the object was pink itself. No wonder people don't like to report these things...nobody listens to them anyway. Every time I've seen UFO's, I've never reported them either for this very reason.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That is by far the only piece of doc's that I find compelling. I'm an alien/ufo skeptic, but I must say that was interesting. Haven't seen anything quite this close before.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Very interesting 911 calls. Something certainly was going on there. It makes me think of the video I seen from the space shuttle or ISS that shows UFO`s flocking to lightning storms when they happen. Do they capture energy? Well sure seems that way.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
That's really weird...that's not too far from point pleasant, WV...remember that town?

Centerville is about 150 miles from Point Pleasant, WV. I can remember maybe one or two UFO stories from there but the main story was The Mothman! They seem like a smaller town like mine that has a lot of strange stories.

I have at least another 3 UFO stories to tell about here but that will have to wait till later...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I will listen and read your entire post in a moment but didn't your area (Ohio, PA, NY) experience a major blackout that year?

Thanks in advance for posting this. It's a nice departure from my 'they're only airplane lights' UFO threads I tend to post

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I will listen and read your entire post in a moment but didn't your area (Ohio, PA, NY) experience a major blackout that year?

Thanks in advance for posting this. It's a nice departure from my 'they're only airplane lights' UFO threads I tend to post

Sep 14, 2008 we had a major windstorm from the remnants of hurricane Ike. Some of us (me included) were blacked out for 9 days.

The other major blackout was August 14, 2003. That one did not get us here in the Dayton area but it was the big one that knocked out power to around 55 million people in the US (Ohio, Michigan, Penn., NY, etc.) and Canada. I think the problem started at Niagara Falls and there were a few claims that a UFO had something to do with it? I remember something about a solar flare being the official cause...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i live bout 40 min away from dayton and the word around on town is wpafb is the real area 51 great info flag for you

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Please persue it like nothing else really matters. I don't live anywhere near centerville but I did create and post the first youtube video posted..... a lot of time and energy went into it becuase it was genuine and I believe, and I want to know the truth.... I still want to know. If the fire fighters aren't talking, find out why, it's that important.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
That is by far the only piece of doc's that I find compelling. I'm an alien/ufo skeptic, but I must say that was interesting. Haven't seen anything quite this close before.

Really? New to the UFO scene?

Well, I suggest you research some very compelling documented accounts of recent (and not too recent) UFO events in multiple countries around the world. Many blow this event out of the water, and you would have to be intentionally ignoring entire threads on ATS to miss them. Really.

Start with "1952 UFOs over the White House". And then realize there are many accounts just as amazing as that...just need to research a little more.

Not to under-sell this thread of course. These are wonderful accounts and it is absolutely awesome to have access to them. I also have never heard these (or of this event). THANKS OP for the great listening material.

Star/flag/High-five.

edit on 30-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mask - I thought you were a skeptic.

Anyways, I find this compelling due to the fact that it's newer than the events you have mentioned (which are awesome events - don't get me wrong).

But the video in the op - it's stamp with officiality - if that's even a word.

edit on 12/30/2010 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by promomag

Great job on the making of that video. When did you come across the audio tapes originally to make you want to do that? I am surprised that you never posted it!

Good job and thanks for the hard work. I am pursuing this as much as I can. Any additional info I find I will be sure to post.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

and a high-five to you also sir!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mask - I thought you were a skeptic.

Lol.

1) I dislike labels like "skeptic and believers" and find both to be misleading.

2) I know for a fact there are UFOs.

3) I know for a fact that most people who 100% claim these are alien or manmade without evidence or proof are intentionally-or-unintentionally muddying up the waters of researching this phenomena with silly talk and made-up stories (or just jumping to unfounded conclusions).

But it is a fact that there are unexplained things documented and filmed in our sky.

I just don't subscribe to wishful thinking or hoaxers.

I am a self proclaimed "huge fan" of the phenomena of UFOs and find the entire subject to be one of the greatest mysteries on this planet.

In fact, many of the skeptics (as they are often called here) feel the same way and we simply want the nonsense to end, and the real facts/evidence to be displayed and researched. Like these clips the OP has shared. Thanks again to him!

Edited to add: The last sound byte of the guy saying it looked like a space ship, sounded very convincing IMHO. Of course he is no expert on space ships or weather phenomena, but still his voice speaks volumes to me on him believing his own story. Again, just my silly opinion.

MM
edit on 30-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112
I did not personally witness this incident but have briefly spoken to a few firefighters I know who work at this station. They say that something odd did indeed happen that night but they can not really talk about it.

Hmm...I find this peculiar.

Why wouldn't they want to share their version?

What would be preventing them from speaking?

On the surface, this particular piece of evidence may point to something military related, in which the firefighters were possibly briefed not to speak about...

Of course, it's all speculation on my behalf, I'm just covering all my bases.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It sounded like a transformer was exploding/shorting out or something, but the part towards the end where the guy says "it" - a space ship, was hovering, spinning lights, and then "boom"...sounded completely different. Wish there were more calls recorded. This is good stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

Originally posted by ohiotim2112
I did not personally witness this incident but have briefly spoken to a few firefighters I know who work at this station. They say that something odd did indeed happen that night but they can not really talk about it.

Hmm...I find this peculiar.

Why wouldn't they want to share their version?

What would be preventing them from speaking?

On the surface, this particular piece of evidence may point to something military related, in which the firefighters were possibly briefed not to speak about...

Of course, it's all speculation on my behalf, I'm just covering all my bases.

Source

Telephone greetings to the Centerville Fire Department's "Station 41" about this issue were not warmly received, and the simple phone call requesting some basic information on the March 6 dispatch was rejected.

Lieutenant Sarah Lee, handling the inquiry to her department, advised that (oh joy!) she could not be of any help. To the contrary, the wagons were circling, the mote was being filled and hatches were being battened down as it was announced that any incoming inquiry must be made via "written request."

"Why don't you call Wright Patterson Air Force Base?" she said after listening briefly to the weird 9-1-1 tape by telephone.

"Wright Pat can help you more than I can. Unfortunately, I cannot answer any of your questions," then advised Lt. Lee of the Centerville Fire Department. "It is routine procedure and policy for us to not 'give out' information without proper authorization." 7

Like sheesh, you'd think this was an inquiry to Ft. Knox about their security methods.

Suddenly the operations and practices of this basic public agency seemed to be operating like the Freedom of Information Office of the super-secret "Blue Room" of Wright Patterson Air Force Base, the very base the inquiry was referred to. 8

A friendly letter was then penned to Fire Chief Parks, basically begging to be put in contact with the emergency responders who were on the scene of the UFO incident on March 6.

"I am not sure who gave you your information but it appears they were aware of something we did not see or share in," said Fire Chief Kenneth C. Parks in response to the plea. 9

Apparently, The Chief also did not take kindly to the request for contact info with the emergency responders who were dispatched to the scene on March 6: "Our people are required by policy to refrain from discussing fire department actions without proper authorization. By policy, their reports are their response to any questions, outside of court action."

Chief Parks speaks and the specter of court action is now vocalized. Courtesy, begging and pleading did no good, it seems, as the firemen at the scene will continue to remain anonymous and, interestingly, a friendly chat with a UFO investigator has been averted. One for officialdom.

But before the curious reader might find refreshing the idea of friendly openness and neighborly cooperation from the City of Centerville and her hirelings, there is also the attitude of Centerville's Assistant City Manager, Judy Gilleland.

Gilleland was unaware of the mass confusion of March 6 despite assuring that she 'would be' aware of any such report as was described to her. This assistant City Manager seemed to take little interest or concern in the report of an object hovering over Stingley Elementary School. 10

"I believe I would know about downed power lines and trees and again, have heard nothing of the sort.

"Good news for us," she said before curiously adding: "perhaps bad news for you?"

Assistant City Manager Gilleland, Fire Chief Parks and Lietenant Lee were all advised that there should be some concern of radioactivity near the site of Stingley Elementary School. These public employees clearly expressed a lethargic lack of motivation for the nature of the event described by witness on March 6. Is this a dangerous complacency that reeks of ultimate disregard for public safety in an uncertain time? Could Homeland Security be any more proud? 11

The guys I know are rookies so they must tred lightly. They have however heard the story and definitely know about this and have talked to veterans there. Maybe a few beers on my tab will loosen their tounges a bit?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join