It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Met Your Alternate Self?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Assuming many-worlds interpretation is valid, there is an infinite number of universes out there. In the grand scheme of things, then, my question appears insignificant at best:

Have you ever met your alternate self? How could you tell?

Personally, I might have. I'm curious to read people's experiences on here. Use your best judgment when determining the level of their veracity.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I thought I may have seen my Doppelgänger once. I have been told many times that friends or family have seen me places and I just wasn't there at the time they saw me. Kind of weird but sometimes people just look like other people.

On the subject of meeting my Doppelgänger? I don't think that would be to cool. Would I be the good one or the bad one?!!?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112
I thought I may have seen my Doppelgänger once. I have been told many times that friends or family have seen me places and I just wasn't there at the time they saw me. Kind of weird but sometimes people just look like other people.

On the subject of meeting my Doppelgänger? I don't think that would be to cool. Would I be the good one or the bad one?!!?

Hmm, I was thinking more along the lines of yourself in a different reality. As far as I understand it, Doppelganger is something else, not exactly your alternate self.

Evil twin is an interesting point. Evil becomes relative in nature when dealing with infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I purchased a book about wicca spells 5 years back, I remember a spell about how to see yourself in another dimension close to ours..

Its rather simple, but I never did it because it kind of freaked me out after one 30 secs..

Here is how it goes:

Get two RED candels
Go to the bath room around 3 am at night
Light the two red candels and place them under the bath room mirror
turn off the electric lights so only the candels light the bathroom
Stand infront of mirror and look yourself in the eyes in the mirror
After some times ( around 5 min ) you will see your face in the mirror of changed and your clothings to

It only took me 30 sec when I tried it... I though I saw myself bald..

If you try it out, please report back

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond
Assuming many-worlds interpretation is valid, there is an infinite number of universes out there. In the grand scheme of things, then, my question appears insignificant at best:

Personally, I might have. I'm curious to read people's experiences on here. Use your best judgment when determining the level of their veracity.

Cheers.

Let me ask you this, how do you know that your not this "alternate self" You dont, because that would assume that there was a base common knowledge that such a thing even existed, (and there isnt) which leads me to believe that unless you did know for certain that an Alternate Self existed, as far as you would be concerened you are the "one". In the end of things we really are extremley unique and individual. I think this alternate you wouldnt even look like you, because all our "Alternate selves" lives can very in infinite direction, our experiences and environements determine who we are and what we look like, these alternate worlds they live on would also vary in every possible way and so on and so forth, its a ripple effect. I believe that in a lot of these "Alternate Earths", humans dont exist, because its nieve to think otherwise, who's to say if things didnt go well for us here and now, what the next intellligent being would be to take control, and not necessarily fomr earth either.

On the plain of perception that i exist, i will never be able to interface my thoughts seamlessly with everyone, thats what makes us human and unique. If i could whats the point? We wouldnt need eachother for anything.

To become something your not, you will have to be destroyed first. Life.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have. Rather Did.

A life changing event.

It made me go good and be the man I am today.

I'll just leave it at that.

S&F.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can report back to your spell: If you stare at the mirror anyway your face will begin to change, using candle light just adds to the effect, adding 3 am to the sequence enhances the effect evenmore.

If your really good then you can see other people faces in the mirror without even looking.

As for the OP believe you experience otherselves whilst in the dream process. Maybe of being you somewhere you do not know or being you but not being yourself in your dream.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No...

But he does exist... Not within another demension, but within myself.
It's called my "pain body".

PLEASE read this book if you can, Chapter 5; changed my life.
Before you can overcome something, you must understand it.

I was my own worst enemy before this book was read by me and my "alternate self".

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboveandbeyond

Cheers.

I wanna hear the story, er read it anyway... Please DO TELL!!!!

I never did though If you go to realityshifters.com... you will see my double. I swear I am almost 100% sure that she is my double, they say everyone has one in this world.
edit on 29-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: f*@& spelling & link

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i dont know if this is the same thing, but ive sensed or felt my alternate self kinda lol. just 2 or 3 days ago whilst i was sitting ( physically ) in my living room on the laptop, i could feel my self walking down the stairs i could see the stairs and the hallway. this isint the first time either, its happened numerous times . maybe next time i'll not freak out as usual and see if i can meet myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Cool story, Truthseeker

edit on 29-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: clarity

top topics

join