It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. gun owners must now be fingerprinted to buy ammo!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Calif. gun owners must now be fingerprinted to buy ammo!!!

www.ab962.org

This bill would, subject to exceptions, commencing February 1, 2011, require handgun ammunition vendors to obtain a thumbprint and other information from ammunition purchasers, as specified. A violation of these provisions would be a misdemeanor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Today is the first I've heard of this! Virtually NO media coverage, this bill was ushered through the California Assembly and Governor Sh*tzenegger signed it LAST YEAR!!!

Why is it the government's freakin' business how much or what type of ammo I buy? Criminals who want ammo are going to get it anyway, no matter what - this is nothing more than control freak globalists slowly destroying our Bill of Rights one piece of crap legislation at a time. If I didn't have a good job, I would leave this state where I have lived my whole life.

This is tyranny!

www.ab962.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good reason to learn how to load you own ammo I guess.... Californians are generally passive wusses it seems, how much you want to bet there is not much Californian rage over this obvious intrusion?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
all hail King Soros and his mini-me
Obama.

I think we all should stock up
or either learn to re-load or
both.

I was at a bank the other day
trying to cash a check and they
started requiring a thumb print
to cash a check even if u had
an account with them.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

That's fine as long as it is only a handgun. Keep away from my rifle and shotguns.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
dad gum california....the gov. did this, too...."moving to Montana soon......." going to be a dental floss tycoon.....

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i live in california and i do think it is a load of BS.however, i could really care less. i personally dont own any handguns. i can still go and buy a BUNCH of 7.62x39, .223, .308, and 12ga. if its that big of a deal, drive to Nevada at most its a 10 hr drive from anywhere in california. i plan to move to NV as soon as i graduate school.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I was going to say, "That's why you make your own bullets!"

But you beat me to it!

I am Californian, and I used to be mad. But, you have to admit, it has been a long time to be mad. I am just tired of being mad, no one else seems to care.

So, I am silently mad. And cynnical

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I guess California is the test subject. Once the fingerprinting goes over without a hitch then it'll probably start gaining ground in other states not long after.
This is a way to figure out who has what kind of gun. You may not have a registered gun but you'll be linked to the ammo for one.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I star any post that quotes Frank Zappa.
And a happy Cucamonga to you too!

Fingerprinting to buy ammo is a violation of the 4th Amendment.
This why groups like the NRA are important as they inform gun owners about legislation like this and take states to court to fight it.
If you disagree with the politics of the NRA there are other gun groups that you can (and should) join.

Anti-gun legislation is a favorite Democratic trick as they say it will help fight gun violence.
What absolute stupidity!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by ThinkingCap

That's the kind of crap that makes it possible for this stuff to pass.

But it wont affect you at all. Because no rifle ever fired a .22, .357, .44, .45LC, .38, 9mm, 5.7 and no pistol ever fired a 5.7, .223, ...

Well, you get the picture. At least you should get it if you arent hopelessly dense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well, you can learn to repack bullets, or you can just sand down the finger prints with sandpaper or a nail file.

For me, I would just make a road-trip to another state for my purchases.

Is it even legal for them to obtain forensic evidence of who you are? Why not just a photo? Why a print?

Next think next you'll be Q-Tip swabbed for DNA.

I'm sure this will be contested in courts as an infringement on the right to bear arms.

-E2

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just as we all stated before...
They don't have to go after your guns.
They will go after the ammo.

Because without ammo, a gun is useless.

Seems like a great time to stock up, again...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Criminals who want ammo are going to get it anyway, no matter what

And that is the whole point, is it not? Most of the population aren't criminals. So these laws are written to criminalize the average person. And you become a "terrorist" if you disagree. And therefore, an "insurgent".

It's all part of their agenda. Criminalize normal behavior.
edit on 29-12-2010 by Klassified because: Correction

edit on 29-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
so is .22lr gonna be regulated to? because its a RIFLE round but is commonly used in handguns... whats gonna be the deal with that?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

As a fellow Virginian and NRA member, I agree wholeheartedly. The NRA tried to lobby this bill out of existence but the anti-gun lobby is far stronger in Cali. I think it's a social responsibility to have a gun. Just like I'm required to have an extra PFD on my boat even if I'm alone. I asked the warden who would throw it to me if I fell overboard. The warden explained it to me as such: "It's not necessarily for your safety. What if I was in the water?"

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Its unconstitutional. I think any condition like this having to do with a right is unconstitutional. Its a mark of ownership dont care what they say it is. Its a condition for approval for one to use thier rights. Any restriction on ammo is a restriction to exercise and the exercise cannot be hampered. What about the part "no law" in the 2nd?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I get fingerprinted fairly often for my job, and the fingerprint techs love me, because I have deep defined ridges and it makes their job easy. Through several visits I have learned from the techs that construction workers and people that physically work a lot with their hands have very clearly defined fingerprints (opposite of what I thought I knew). Apparently the skin thickens and it becomes easier to determine fingerprint patterns.

On the flipside, Doctors and Nurses have very, very difficult fingerprints to read, because they constantly wear gloves and wash their hands. Their skin is thinner and the constant washing scrubs away the ridges.

This info from Fingerprint technicians that do this all day everyday.

So, for you Californians that are a little paranoid, wear gloves and lotion a lot, and begin washing your hands many times per day, and you can make your fingerprints less and less legible, LOL.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

S&F.

I'm not surprised that Kalifornia's freakshow legislature would go in for this crap. Make no mistake: the liberal antigun wackos want to take away your firearms, and failing that they are going after the ammo.

I'm hoping the legal challenges bear fruit and get this nazi mess struck down.

Either way, reloader or not, stock up and keep your powder dry.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not to mention an infringement on the 2nd Amendment. No where does it say a thumb print is required for a purchase of a firearm nor ammo. This goddamn gov.t is ticking me off!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join