It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. gun owners must now be fingerprinted to buy ammo!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't know, I had to get fingerprinted for a trespassing violation (hunting) and as a brickmason, I had virtually no fingerprints at the time (I was working a lot). It gave the corrections guy a helluva time!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For the mentally challenged thinking they don't care because it doesn't effect them cause they don't own hand guns; One might consider if they are retarded or just dropped on the head when young? You think rifles are not next on the list? Sigh!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm not an American, so I can't really comment because it is a constitutional right for you folks. But don't you think that if your not doing anything wrong with the ammunition that there wouldn't be a problem giving your prints. It would "help" keep some of the ammunition out of the hands of convicts and known criminals. I realize they would still have the black market, but at least it could minimalize the availability. We're not as open with our gun laws in Canada. I've never owned one. I'm not trying to take any moral ground or any BS like that, just curious what your thoughts are.
edit on 29-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Just another "brick in the wall."

Sure, all of these rights-eroding laws are written with decent intentions and they are easy to sell to the common person, but slowly and surely the rights are eroded away one by one.

So, fingerprinting might not be a bad thing, and restricting access to criminals might not be a bad thing, and laws of sexual consent might not be a bad thing, but when a 17 year old gets charged as a sex crime for peeing in the back of a drive-in movie lot (happened to my buddy) and then he has to register as a sex offender for life, but he can take a little solace in hunting and fishing and watching his kids grow up, but then they change the laws to limit his access to schools, and then they limit his access to his hunting weapons, and now ammunition, the laws don't seem so harmless!

So, take a whiz in the woods and for the rest of your life you cannot attend school functions, or own a handgun, or buy ammunition?

That is just one example of the slippery slope. You give an inch and they take a mile!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Holy s**t... I could of been a sex offender last week if that is the case. I urinated on the side of the highway on christmas Eve!!!!! A true Villain! Sorry to hear about your friend. Who watches the watch dogs, eh?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

Yep. I used to do a "name that crime" challenge. Name any mundane daily activity and I will find a statute that you have inadvertantly violated. There is a crime for "menacing." Seriously. Don't give anybody a dirty look, because if they feel threatened by it, then you have broken the law!

See, the fingerprinting isn't the biggest issue, the biggest issue is that we are all criminals to some extent, so once they regulate something like ammunition, then they can use that regulation against us all.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
good.

If you are going to be giving a lethel product, you should be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

People die by drowning. Baseball bats are lethal. Letter openers are lethal. Flouride is lethal. Should we fingerprint Little Leaguers and Toothpaste buyers?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
good.

Rat poison is lethal. Cars are lethal. Axes and kitchen knives are lethal. Maybe we should all have to swipe a government issued national ID, which would be gotten via finger printing & SSN at the local sheriff's office, before we can buy anything?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse
I'm not an American, so I can't really comment because it is a constitutional right for you folks. But don't you think that if your not doing anything wrong with the ammunition that there wouldn't be a problem giving your prints. It would "help" keep some of the ammunition out of the hands of convicts and known criminals. I realize they would still have the black market, but at least it could minimalize the availability. We're not as open with our gun laws in Canada. I've never owned one. I'm not trying to take any moral ground or any BS like that, just curious what your thoughts are.

That is a common myth put out by anti gun advocates. None of these laws prevents any criminal from getting anything he wants in any quantity he can afford. Think about it the very nature of a criminal is that he ignores and violates laws. So it is impossible for laws to prevent any of it. That is like saying Anti Marijuana laws prevent people from getting marijuana of they want it. It is the largest cash crop in the USA now

All this really is just another step to outlawing guns period cause they know they can't just up and do it all at once or they'd have a revolution on thier hands.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

That's fine as long as it is only a handgun. Keep away from my rifle and shotguns.

Wrong answer...
next you'll be saying:" "black rifles; thats fine as long as they don't want my model700 BDL 30.06; thats fine as long as they don't want XXXX...

Evil semi auto handguns; evil death dealing revolvers ; evil assault rifles ; "evil "sniper" rifles( boltaction centerfire); evil destructive shotguns..
edit on 29-12-2010 by 46ACE because: added...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Yep! That is the plan.

How Close are We? Mark of the Beast

That is my thread attempting to link some of the recent headlines to the overall plan. A couple of weeks after my thread went up, a new headline came out confirming a "Preferred Traveller" plan exactly as we suspected. My thread was pretty quick and sloppy, and I didn't even approach the topics such as the REAL ID and the technology in our Credit Cards and Smart Phones.

Anyhow, eventually it will be a criminal act to not be registered and preapproved to be yourself!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

That is a common myth put out by anti gun advocates. None of these laws prevents any criminal from getting anything he wants in any quantity he can afford. Think about it the very nature of a criminal is that he ignores and violates laws. So it is impossible for laws to prevent any of it. That is like saying Anti Marijuana laws prevent people from getting marijuana of they want it. It is the largest cash crop in the USA now

All this really is just another step to outlawing guns period cause they know they can't just up and do it all at once or they'd have a revolution on thier hands.

I must agree with you on the accessibility to the criminals. We find guns in our streets that aren'tr even for sale in Canada legally. But I still question the benefit of the prints. At least they'd know... er, have a better idea who has what when they have to enter someone's house.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Well lets go beyond the first grade shall we senator Schumer?and say if they have finger print for every box they know who is buying what.When some scared anti-gunner soccer mom sits on a city council and declares anyone with more than one box of ammunition an "arsenal"(I mean who needs to kill more than 20 PEOPLE?) or has outright criminal intentions to resell. Why its only "reasonable" they be registered with the ATF searched by the "fire marshall" to protect themselves.Aren't we magnanimous for "helping"?
( f.u.!)

ADDDED; GRRRR...

The old " if you've got nothing to hide we you'vegothnothingto worry about (we should be able to look") argument??? Well; how about you send me a key to your house/apartment, So I can enter I'm trustworthy ( no really ; I am)...
if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about right? I've got as much authority to enter as the govt does.
edit on 29-12-2010 by 46ACE because: 2nd paragrAPH ADDED

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

LOL, I saw a suspected "terrorist" in the headlines with 4 guns and over 1000 rounds of ammunition. OMG! So scary! I don't think I know anybody with less than that? 1000 rounds of ammunition is just a convenient and cheap way to buy it, and if you have 4 or 5 guns, you ought to have 4 or 5 1000 rounds of ammunition. I know guys that buy 1000 rounds every two weeks! I know guys that have HUNDREDS of guns! Of course a couple of those guys have their FFL licenses to make things easier, but still.

Yes, somebody will eventually want to know who is buying what, and how much, and then they will get suspicious, and then they will coming knocking.

This is the slipperiest slope there is!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Star: been there bra'!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know it's been said many times already, but it can't be said enough....

Two words: Re-Load

Another word: Import

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Because no rifle ever fired a .22, .357, .44, .45LC, .38, 9mm, 5.7 and no pistol ever fired a 5.7, .223, ...

Thompson/Center Contender... I have one with a 30-30 barrel and T/C makes the barrels in .35 Remington as well. I have also seen aftermarket barrels for various other 'rifle' rounds, like the .223. The barrels can be interchanged in seconds: open chamber, remove one pin, change barrels, replace pin, load, close chamber, fire.

Nice gun, even if it is a single-shot. Great for hunting.

TheRedneck

edit on 12/29/2010 by TheRedneck because: tyypoes

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hero Protagonist

I don't know, I had to get fingerprinted for a trespassing violation (hunting) and as a brickmason, I had virtually no fingerprints at the time (I was working a lot). It gave the corrections guy a helluva time!

I think that particular trade profession is the exception, for sure. All your materials you handle daily are equivalent to coarse sandpaper, especially the mortar! I know, I built a brick fireplace on my patio last summer, and didn't wear gloves (yeah I know
) It took about 2 weeks for my hands to heal!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
LOL.

Idiotic responses to my statement... Truly.

Toothpaste isn't made to kill people/things.. Bullets are.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
good.

Another Canadian..
I understand your "gunlaws" aren't really enforced in some provinces. People that us'em regularly realize the farce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join