It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Everything Is A Crime In America Now: 14 Of The Most Ridiculous Things That Americans Are Bei

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xadaz
Arrested for farting?

I hope his defence was along the lines of "whoever smelt it, dealt it"!

Good topic, shame we can do little about it.

Terrorist Poison Gas Attack.

What else can I say? Need to stop Al Qaeda.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I read the first one about the man facing five years on CNN today. It wasn't just reading the email, he gave the emails to her first husband. But still, Vick gets less than 2 years for killing dogs, while someone who forwards an email gets 5?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
There is a law here in Cumbria (UK) which states that if you see two or more Scotsmen in Carlisle city centre after 6pm then you have to shoot them in the kneecaps with a crossbow as it is classed as an invasion

I think there is somewhere else in the England where this law applies too, don't think anyone has put it too the test any time in the last 200 years though, hehe

If memory serves me correctly, I think that it's legal to shoot a Welshman with a longbow within the walls of Chester castle, but only on a Sunday !

I also read once about a law in one of the US States, where a woman is only permitted to drive if her husband is walking in front of the car waving a flag !

That would certainly cut down on the number of motor accidents.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sounds more like we Americans are just getting more dumb... a steak knife in school? Blatent lack of religious respect? Some pretty stupid people if you ask me...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
we all knew usa was on the down ages ago

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
the source posted in the OP links to a blog. No real sources, I don't even think most of those things are true

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

This was so fascinating that I shared these with facebook on my profile page. Some I did find absurd and horrifying and others I felt were swensible and probably necessary. Parents sometimes need help from law enforcement for the one about the kid who stole his Christmas present too soon. I don't feel sorry for him. He is a holy terror it would appear.

I wonder and raise my eyebrows about the tale of the Polish immigrant and the dog poop. I wonder if this will go to court.

The incident with the device "like a pacemaker" should have a medical certificate of some kind to show authorities. She would avoided this incident had she had a card indicating her medical status.

Pacemakers have such a card to show authorities when attempting to go through a device.

I actually find the cursing on a bus humorous and probably a good thing. Bus drivers have a lot to put up with and passengers don't need to listen to foul language when going from one place to another.

The chips in the garbage and trash cans is modernization and hey you just gotta learn to live with it and go with the times.People try to protest speeding tickets too and they are there for a purpose!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
wow I havent been to America since G. W. Bush was president and it seems to be a really different country right now...

What happened to my beloved America

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The website below has a link for every state. Frankly it's rather humorous.
Source: www.dumblaws.com...

These "dumb laws" have been circulating around the internet for years. Most are bogus. My partner is a law librarian for the state of Arizona. As for the dumb laws listed for Arizona at the above referenced website, all of them are untrue. My partner gets calls all the time from people asking about such dumb laws. They just don't exist.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yes, crime is making a comeback, but once upon a time the police in this country were able to handle crime quite well and be courteous and helpful to ordinary citizens at the same time.

Is crime making a comeback or are we turning every day mistakes into crimes?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
On the lighter side......

It's illegal to hunt Camels in Arizona.

It seems that The US Army once experimented with camels in the Arizona desert, and eventually gave up. The remaining camels were set free, and are now protected.

Never seen one myself roaming free..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think all of those 'crimes' are ridiculous, man, except for the cursing while riding the bus one. There is a sign on my local buses that says to not use bad language while riding, and does anyone pay attention? NO. I am all for freedom of speech, but when people are constantly spewing the F-word (among other words) or having gross, vulgar cell phone conversations within earshot of young children and the elderly (or anyone who's offended, for that matter!) I say, fine them! There is no respect for others anymore.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
These incidents still shocking me even though I've come from a Communist country. (not China, not DPRK)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
TPTB must be like...."Wow, this is easy! Let's see how much more we can steal from these STUPID-ass people." They take your money, they take your time, they take your property, your children, and your God given freedoms...and all you can do is sit there and laugh? My God....am i glad i don't depend on the system you call living life.

See, the answer is simple.....quit your jobs (which funds all forms of government); and get back to the basics of life. Get you a cow and learn how to milk it...instead of being the cow getting milked. Don't your nipples hurt? hahahahahah

Check it, when Bush robbed you, for the upteenth time, all y'all did was make excuses for his "stupidity". Never ONCE was he held ACCOUNTABLE for his crimes against humanity...and even his own fellow "Americans". Y'all (you all) actually LET him do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted...and he did just that.

Let's see...Cheney shoots someone, and nothing happens to him...Plaxico Burress shoots himself..and he's in prison. Hmmmmm, what else is there? Oh yeah...Dubya M Deez..that were never found, yet the war just ended a few months ago....or so they said. Bush said the banks needed money, and y'all just gave it to him. Sure, you whined a little bit...but yet and still....you gave him your hard earned money.

Now, if what i'm about to say..sounds rude....that's cool...it's meant to be.

See, government isn't the problem; the NWO/elite aren't the problem; God or Satan isn't the problem!; The problem is Y.O.U. You are the problem. So, stop crying about ish that you can very easily put an end to simply by becoming financially independent.. But, you won't cuz you got no COURAGE. You are a bunch of SCARDY CATS! Where is all this...home of the 'brave'...and where is that land of the 'free'. And, while i'm at it......hasn't anyone noticed that God isn't blessing America like HE WAS, for the past 100 years. Look at the difference. Therefore, please stop singing that awful song during every baseball game...it's getting pathetic.

Here's a hint: God doesnt bless nations....HE blesses OBEDIENCE. And you, HIs children, have been VERY disobedient. Remember, whom the Lord LOVES He chastens. So, take your beatings like a man or, a woman; dear children. hahahaahaha

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ah ah ,

I Know what people need to see so they can wake up.

Bring back the flag of the Nazi=USA as the new picture of the N.W.O police state in the U.S so this nation can

finally

wake up.

I'm sorry but if it is really what the country is moving toward "POLICE STATE", then you guys better wake up before

it's to late....

L'histoire de l'humanite ne fait que ce repeter

Same o Game NWO and it will happend

Life will be just hard as is get. Better get ready now.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Its funny you brought this up because I am a victim of the Brown Lawn syndrome :-)

I live in Lancaster, CA which is the desert. Sure it has a ton of houses with green lawns but 50 feet around the corner is pure desert. I bought my house 4 years ago and on the second (2nd) week, yes thats correct 2 WEEKS AFTER I MOVED IN, I had a citation from Lancaster city for $250 because my front lawn is not watered properly and is all dead grass, grey lawn!!!

I fought the city of lancaster for over 4 months to get the fine written off, they finally did.

A couple months later I received new fines that my lawn was not perfectly green. I had spent over 600 bux on fertilizers, tiller rentals, gardeners (2) and my water bill was astronomical.

I continued fighting city of Lancaster for the next 3 years about the same issue. They stared finding other things such as I left my garbage cans outside the gate area next to my house on my property. They were going to fine me if I dont move them behind my house out of sight. (Cities garbage cans).

Then they wanted to fine me because the grass on the other side of the sidewalk was gray. They had told me 3 years earlier that the grass on the other side of the sidewalk is their responsibility, not mine. Now suddenly it is my responsibility.

7 Months ago I became unemployed with no right to unemployment after working 12 years for the same company. The owner sold the business and the new owner had his own employees. I figured it was my call for freedom from City of Lancaster.

I explained to them because almost the same week I got unemployed I received a $500 fine that my lawn is gray, anyways I explained to them that I was unemployed without unemployment benefits due to 10-99. They told me that it is not their problem, which I understand, but would continue to issue fines if I didnt get my grass green.

After almost 4 years now I have given up. I told city of lancaster to go F themselves as often as possible and that they will never see those fines payed.......

Well my credit is F'd up thanks to city of Lancaster and collection agencies are calling.

After spending $600 to try to comply with the cities stupid laws and regulations. I live in a god darned desert and they expect you to keep a completely green lawn.

The best thing is Mr. Arnold went out publicly and said California has a water crisis, conserve water. Dont wash your cars. Water your lawns only 2 times per week. I showed the city this news paper clip and they told me outright, this water shortage does not affect Lancaster.......

Sorry for the long story, but NEVER EVER MOVE TO Lancaster, California!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

First off:
Do know how hany Guys actively searching for methods to hack their Girlfriends (hotmail,Gmail) Accounts ?-?, it's huge.
To see if THEY are Cheating. Talk about Insecurity.

As for taking a Steak Knife School, what... Guns are Banned but Knives are Ok. Is that what should be Enforced.

But the rest, Well it's just another day in the Land of "Freedom" of Opportunity.
The Opportunity being the Police apprehending those who think they can get away with Anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Would we really be any worse off if Putin ran America?

Seriously.

humans living in Communist countries have more Freedom and Liberty than Americans have now.

Isn't that sad?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

All those incidents have been happening in the wake of, your guessed it, 9/11.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Really? Unbelievable! To fulfill the "diversity quota" agenda by nabbing anyone, anywhere, anytime and still get "general revenue" from the citizens through fines, charges, fees, etc. And to think there are those who would dare file frivolous lawsuits, bah! Wasting taxpayers' money, indeed!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join