It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Catholic Church ever do to You?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Maybe I'm reading your post incorrectly, but I find it a little ironic that you argue Jesus did not order a Bible, by citing the Bible.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Seeing God Created all things through Jesus Christ, knows All including your future seeing that God created your Future which you are powerless to change one Iota of.

In reality, we have no evidence that supports the above...at least no objective evidence. So it doesn't really matter

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Show me one verse in the bible where the Carpenter, Jesus mentions the Roman church or any other denomination.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Show me one verse in the bible where the Carpenter, Jesus mentions the Roman church or any other denomination.

Jesus does not mention the "Roman Church" or any denomination nor does he order a Bible to be written. However, what I found ironic is that to "prove" what Jesus said about any of one must refer to the Bible.

It is the "Roman Church" because that is where it was eventually centered, on the grave site of St. Peter.

There is far more history involved than I care to get into at the moment. But nothing was ever significant about it being Roman other than a differentiation from Orthodox.

Why would he mention a denomination he died Jewish, he construct a Church, he visited synagogues. It is various silly Christians at various points in time that took it upon themselves to separate and throw out parts of the Bible,
edit on 2-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I am married to a Roman Catholic. I have never had any affiliation to any church or religious organization -- I am spiritually independent and always have been. It was my husband's desire that we get married in his Catholic church and I agreed to this arrangement. Since I was not a Catholic, I was required to participate in a number of "marriage preparation" sessions with the priest and my husband in attendance. Clearly the intent of these sessions was to discuss my 'misguided spirituality' and to try to coerce me to become a Catholic. Of course, I would have none of this and basically let what the priest said go in one ear and out the other. What truly pissed me off, though, was the document that he shoved in front of my face at the end of the sessions for me to sign.

This document was to be a declaration on my part that I would agree to raise any children resulting from this marriage in the Catholic church and have them attend Catholic schools. The mere idea that any church thinks that they have a right to control the spiritual upbringing of our children was totally offensive to me. I refused to sign and they married us anyway (for the $$$$$ ?).

All three of my children, now adults, despise all organized religion and all attended the public school system. Serves the Roman Catholic church right. Tell me how to raise my children? I think not.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What about the Christians who fled Jerusalem and the Romans, fearing for their safety?

Where did they hide (go to) and do the descendants of them exist today?

What happened to them who were "Resurrected" at the time of the Carpenters crucifixion,
where are they today?.

Do these people follow after Roman Doctrine?

I don't think so.....

Is their leader a Primate or the pope or his priests?

I don't think so....

Jesus said "Let Not you put your trust in any man".

Which includes popes, priests, and not just some people but all people...

Regarding the Christians who fled at the time of the Carpenters crucifixion their King is "The Christ" and not a Primate, male or female.

Looking forward to your answers....
edit on 2-3-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Added text.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It is the "Roman Church" because that is where it was eventually centered, on the grave site of St. Peter.

This may be history but it is only "Roman Doctrine" and has nothing at all to do with Christianity that is regarding the Christians who fled from the Romans when the Romans Burnt and raised the City Jerusalem to the ground in AD 70...

Funny wasn't it AD 70 the year the Carpenter was Crucified and there was a "Resurrection" in Jerusalem involving some who slept in the ground as well as The Carpenter, Jesus???

Guess why the Romans burnt Jerusalem and raised it to the Ground ?

Perhaps it has something to do with the Resurrection of The Carpenter and others who slept in the Ground...

That is according to the bible in "The Gospel According to Matthew" Ch. 27 verses 52 and 53.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What about the Christians who fled Jerusalem and the Romans, fearing for their safety?

Where did they hide (go to) and do the descendants of them exist today?

What happened to them who were "Resurrected" at the time of the Carpenters crucifixion,
where are they today?.

Do these people follow after Roman Doctrine?

I don't think so.....

Is their leader a Primate or the pope or his priests?

I don't think so....

Jesus said "Let Not you put your trust in any man".

Which includes popes, priests, and not just some people but all people...

Regarding the Christians who fled at the time of the Carpenters crucifixion their King is "The Christ" and not a Primate, male or female.

Looking forward to your answers....
edit on 2-3-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: Added text.

I really do not understand where you are trying to go. The Roman Empire did not adopt Christianity until 325 AD, the official religion from the time of Jesus until Constantine was Paganism, and anyone who did not bow to the Pagan gods or accept the divinity of the emperor was persecuted, especially if they refused to pay the additional taxes imposed (as the followers of Christ did).

The people resurrected at the time of Christ, well I would assume they are currently in heaven, just a guess.

Jesus Christ did have his followers teach the faithful, that is all that priests and the pope do, they teach the faithful. They don't have any special powers or abilities, and they will be judged the same way we all will be, they are just men (and nun's are just women).

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This may be history but it is only "Roman Doctrine" and has nothing at all to do with Christianity that is regarding the Christians who fled from the Romans when the Romans Burnt and raised the City Jerusalem to the ground in AD 70...

Funny wasn't it AD 70 the year the Carpenter was Crucified and there was a "Resurrection" in Jerusalem involving some who slept in the ground as well as The Carpenter, Jesus???

Guess why the Romans burnt Jerusalem and raised it to the Ground ?

Perhaps it has something to do with the Resurrection of The Carpenter and others who slept in the Ground...

That is according to the bible in "The Gospel According to Matthew" Ch. 27 verses 52 and 53.

The destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD was pertaining to the destruction of the Second Temple, also I have never seen anything that says that Christ was crucified in or around 70 AD. I don't completely disregard the possibility, because in my mind we do not have enough specifics to really say definitively when it occurred. However, the consensus that I have read is somewhere between 30 and 40 AD, however, to me the exact year means nothing in terms of belief in Christ (but that is solely a matter of my own faith, no one else's).

What exactly is Roman Doctrine? Everything within the RCC, despite claims to contrary is entirely biblical. Look, I wasn't always a supporter of the Church, I was born into the faith (meaning that it was what my family practiced) then I strayed, and I strayed far. When I was ready to reembrace religion I had many many questions and qualms that I needed to look into before going back, otherwise I would feel myself to be a hypocrite and I needed to make sure that I really believed and supported what I was going to endorse, before actually doing so.

I have zero interest in convincing someone that I am right, everyone's soul is their own business. If asked, I will state my belief and claims, but only then.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The Roman Empire did not adopt Christianity until 325 AD,

Aware of this...

the official religion from the time of Jesus until Constantine was Paganism, and anyone who did not bow to the Pagan gods or accept the divinity of the emperor was persecuted, especially if they refused to pay the additional taxes imposed.

Aware of this too.

(as the followers of Christ did).

Those who followed Jesus fled the area so they certainly didn't pay such taxes to Rome.

The people resurrected at the time of Christ, well I would assume they are currently in heaven, just a guess.

That's right you are guessing as you don't know...

Jesus Christ did have his followers teach the faithful, that is all that priests and the pope do,

They the priests (including the pope) of Roman Doctrine are "Wolves in sheep’s clothing".

Their actions through history are a witness to their behaviour.

they teach the faithful.

No they don't.... "The Son of MAN" also known as "The MAN Child" teaches His Flock.

As Jesus Said, "Let NOT you put your trust in anyone, but The Father only".

And From "The Epistle of Paul The Apostle to the Philippians" Ch. 3 Verse 20 & 21.... Quote;

20. For our conversation is in Heaven: (Not on the Earth)
from whence also we look for the Saviour, The Lord Jesus Christ:

21. Who shall change our vial body,
that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body,
according to the working whereby He is able
even to subdue all things unto Himself.

you wrote Quote;

They don't have any special powers or abilities, and they will be judged the same way we all will be, they are just men (and nun's are just women).

You are right about them of The Roman church and Nuns being just women, or more correctly the descendants of A'Dam.

Jesus said, "Judge Not that Ye be Not Judged"....

Jesus also said "Forgive them Father for they No NOT what they do".....

Jesus said, “I Judge No Man”.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So.......do you have a point or do you just enjoy quoting the Bible? Nothing you said made your argument any clearer.

Does your Bible not speak of the final judgment? When after the second coming Jesus will separate the righteous from the wicked, some enter the kingdom and some get to burn? There will be judgment, well at least according my Bible.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm sorry you went through that. God will show them what they did wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Quoting from your Roman bible Not "The Book of LIFE" which you know Nothing at all about...... Yet.

But that is understandable as you are yet to complete "The Metamorphoses of The Soul".

Don't worry one day when you have completed this you will understand....

Peace....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Quoting from your Roman bible Not "The Book of LIFE" which you know Nothing at all about...... Yet.

But that is understandable as you are yet to complete "The Metamorphoses of The Soul".

Don't worry one day when you have completed this you will understand....

Peace....

Perhaps, I'll understand you when you quit speaking gibberish. You quote the Bible, then say it's irrelevant. I didn't start with the Bible quoting that was all you. Don't worry about my soul, I'm completely confident that based on a few exchanges your understanding of my spiritual development is very limited.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

My mother went to an all girl Catholic church in Illinois. She is now in her 50s and we found out a few years ago that the priest that taught her was charged with child molestation with friends she went to school with. That is too close to home for me.

edit on 4-3-2011 by charlespearl because: Incorrect sentence.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Seriously, 99 % of all you posters out there seem to have beef with the catholic church. The Church Jesus Christ himself established. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ? The Church has always been there though out the ages always giving and supporting people in need.You cant always turn toward your family but you can always count on the Catholic church. (hypocrites)

Mods, please post this where you seem fit. Thanks OO
edit on 27-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

I don't have a beef with Jesus Christ! I have a beef with nuns or priest
who used bored out paddles on children or lift children up off desks by their
ears.
The paddles had holes symetrically drilled into them to make them
more aerodynamic and provide less resistance when paddeling a child. The
paddle was about 1 inch 1 1/2 thick of (wood or plywood) with an ergonomic
handle. How is that for early 80's technology? Have you ever been lifted off a
desk by your ear? (literally). NOT FUN. I understand the need for discipline however
physical violence only makes things that much worse. Have you ever had your hands
whacked with a ruler or pointer stick? NOT FUN EITHER.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You quote the Bible, then say it's irrelevant.

I never said the bible was irrelevant.

One of your commandments says, Thou shall Not bear false witness.

Your abuse is typical of those who follow Roman doctrine but that’s OK I forgive you, as I understand your situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

To each their own, this conversation appears dead.

Just to get this clear I have asked for you to clarify your position on more than one occasion. You have responded by quoting various Bible verses with limited context or why you were posting said text. And not responding to my requests.

I have no interest in throwing verses back and forth, there are numerous threads that have done that, some of which I have participated in, and I know longer have interest in doing so.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

To each their own, this conversation appears dead.

It was you how responded first or have you lost your memory too.

Just to get this clear I have asked for you to clarify your position on more than one occasion. You have responded by quoting various Bible verses with limited context or why you were posting said text. And not responding to my requests.

I use the words of Jesus Christ rather than my own, for He is far, far Greater than me.

Looks like you loath your own bible as the words I quoted were Not mine but Jesus Christ’s through The Carpenters.

How can you claim to be a Christian with so much hatred in your heart, hating both your bible and what Jesus said?

[quote[I have no interest in throwing verses back and forth, there are numerous threads that have done that, some of which I have participated in, and I know longer have interest in doing so.

So why did you write back?
Perhaps you have felt some truth in the words I wrote, which have touched on a sore point?

I have no ill thoughts toward you but it appears you can't Love those who God Created through Jesus Christ.

But as I have said this is what the Roman church has produced by infiltrating fear into their followers to the point they loath what has been Created through Jesus Christ.

I am sincere in what I say, all the very, very best in your search 4 the truth...
As one day I know you will surely find it...

Peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I use the words of Jesus Christ rather than my own, for He is far, far Greater than me.

Looks like you loath your own bible as the words I quoted were Not mine but Jesus Christ’s through The Carpenters.

How can you claim to be a Christian with so much hatred in your heart, hating both your bible and what Jesus said?

I have no ill thoughts toward you but it appears you can't Love those who God Created through Jesus Christ.

Unless you actually know Searching4Truth, it is truly in bad taste to ascribe motives to him/her.

I know that comes across as confrontational, and I apologize for that, but when you say that someone loaths the Bible, the words of Christ, is filled with hatred and can't love those that God created you come across as arrogant, supercillious and a bit off your rocker.

Unless you are psychic or have had an extensive relationship with Searching4Truth, you have no way of knowing those things. Any attempt to back up your claims by referencing the discussion in this thread would be tenuous at best and sophistry at worst.

Again, I apologize if that came across as harsh or rude.

Eric

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35 >>

join