It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How soon should our troops be pulled out of the middle east? Or do they need to stay.. for how long

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If we leave to soon, will end up like it was before we got there....terrorists abound.

Was there terrorists in Iraq?

Or if we left, do you think we could leave and the governments would be fine.

Do you think we are we there just for oil?
edit on 27-12-2010 by Terms777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Our troops should have already been pulled out of there. And Afghanistan will be the same after we leave as it was before we got there. This war has been a total waste of men and women's lives, and a total waste of billions of dollars. Soviet Union didn't change anything when they were there and neither will we. Pull our troops out NOW!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Our troops should have already been pulled out of there. And Afghanistan will be the same after we leave as it was before we got there. This war has been a total waste of men and women's lives, and a total waste of billions of dollars. Soviet Union didn't change anything when they were there and neither will we. Pull our troops out NOW!!!

www.thinq.co.uk...
Imagine if we spent on our space program the amount of money we are spending on the war.

Back to the subject. Pull the troops out or do we need to keep them there?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
yeah the wars are a big waste of taxpayer money, but our banker/lobbyist leaders get great profit from oil and war manufacturing.

we could of used the money wasted and the manpower wasted to be out producing china right now.

there are plenty of uses 50 billion every business quarter could have been spent on.

1 in 6 go hungry in america. and we could have built a wall around the united states, and hired people to patrol them.

its such a sham, and a shame.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Terms777

Yes we should leave, And Yes it will make things as bad as before.

However We Do need to learn to keep our nose's OUT of other country's Business,

This way we can start cleaning our own Country up.

This is not ment to upset people, it is my personial view only and doe's not repersent everyone!.

Now i think i will climb back under my rock!.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Immediately.. The u.s never should have been there to begin with..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XISTRA118

Yes we should leave, And Yes it will make things as bad as before.

However We Do need to learn to keep our nose's OUT of other country's Business,

This way we can start cleaning our own Country up.

This is not ment to upset people, it is my personial view only and doe's not repersent everyone!.

Now i think i will climb back under my rock!.

When was the last time sweden got into a war? We should be more like them...This is my opinion only.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

We seem to be getting most of the resposes that we should bring the troops home!

Is there anyone who thinks they should stay? If so please explain your self!

If you feel they should come home...please explain why?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They should have been out of there a long time ago! Get our troops out NOW!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

We should have left yesterday, or not be there at all. If it were not for oil, we would not be there. Period. We would have less trouble with terrorism if we were not in the middle east at all. Follow the oil, follow the money.
If North Korea had oil, we would have already been there. They have an insane regime and they have nuclear weapons and they hate America. That being the case; why aren't we there? Food for thought.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
They should have been out of there a long time ago! Get our troops out NOW!

Lets hope our overlords are viewing this thread! See what the most intelligent people on the net (ATS Members!) think about this subject.

Your opinion matters!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Everyone I know not only says we should pull out, but that we had no business ever being there in the first place.
I imagine the concensus of opinion will be similar on ATS.

What the hell ARE we doing there? The post above about terra forming Mars is spot on; we have as much chance of 'installing democracy' (whatever that means) in Afghanistan as we do of making Mars habitable. They don't want us... scratch through the veneer that the MSM portrays when it shows villagers who welcome western forces & you'll see a deep-seated resentment & hatred.
I watched a docu recently that some of you may have seen, where an Afghan with dwarfism apparently helped US forces. At the end of the docu, it was revealed that the same guy had been beheaded as a traitor. And the ludicrous scene of a park with benches in the middle of an Afghan village that was supposed to show how great we were doing. Completely ridiculous, it may as well have been a Starbucks or ToysRUs!

This is one untamable part of the world that imo is not worth the lives we are wasting. Sod the money, the money is meaningless... what about the lives on both sides?

I read something about a gas or oil pipeline (think it was called the Trans-Afghan Pipeline) anyone know if there's any truth to this? And what about claims of massive increase in opium production since this all started?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If we leave, we will go back. If we can't go, someone else will.

As long as humans walk this planet, there will be conflict and terror.

War... War never changes.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
If we leave, we will go back. If we can't go, someone else will.

As long as humans walk this planet, there will be conflict and terror.

War... War never changes.

Under what circumstances would we be able to leave? I feel the only way to stop war, is putting in place a New International Order.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Wars are the ultimate human stupidity.. More so when theyre based on lies to serve corporate greed.. And now a blast from the past .. Make love not war !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Wars are the ultimate human stupidity.. More so when theyre based on lies to serve corporate greed.. And now a blast from the past .. Make love not war !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I live near Ft. Hood and when I see a serviceman or woman, I usually will thank them for their service. But, I really wish they would come home and serve our country. HERE! The war, in my opinion has always been about the oil. They are killing many innocent people in the process of protecting oil lines and hunting down so-called terrorists, when instead, they could be rebuilding and repairing towns hit by floods, hurricanes and tornadoes here. They could be rebuilding bridges and roads badly in need of repair. They could be doing a plethora of things that would truly serve our country and make not only Americans proud again, but also keep their mental and physical health in tact. Just imagine!

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
edit on 12/27/10 by staciebee because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
...our troops will never leave the area...

...look at a map of the region... which country (that is habitually demonized by the mucky mucks and their mouthpieces) is a neighbor of both afghanistan and iraq?... actually, they're right smack dab in the middle...

...whats going on is glaringly obvious and it has been since the 70s (if you paid attention)...

...after we trash iran (like afghanistan and iraq), the mucky mucks will find another country to demonize and invade and, then, they'll find another one and this will never end because its too profitable...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The war will probably continue expanding into new fronts. Like Iran the public has tolerated a ten year state of war
with little opposition. The Bankers realized a long time ago wars are profitable and can be used to further their agenda they can use it in two ways conquest abroad and creating a state of fear and security industry domestically
freedom is the first casualty of war.

or to quote Orwell

War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We need to remove our troops starting the next morning rotation. Tomorrow...whatever.

Plan to be phased out within a month (lots of logistics involved to get that done). Put those soldiers to work drilling oil for the private sector at 25 bucks an hour, and leave the middle east to its own devices.

We have no business there. It is not our country(s).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join