It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does it make you feel went people laugh at you about conspiracies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No one in my circle has ever laughed at me for my beliefs. Not all share my beliefs, but all know that I have reason to have the opinions that I hold.

After hearing the facts surrounding whatever conspiracy we discuss, and seeing it through “NEW EYES” most change their minds after a time.

Over the Holidays my family picked my mind on a various of conspires topics. I feel that some of the conspiracy are so “IN YOUR FACE” today even the uninformed are starting to recognize something is not right with the world.

We discussed Chemtrails/ Weather Modification to Hyper-Inflation of the Dollar. I was really surprised how much “truth” my family has embraced. My brother-in-law, who will turn 60 in February, even voiced up and stated how he has noticed the relationship between Chemtrails and Weather Change.

If I may offer a piece of advice to my ATS bros, If you find that you are being scoffed at don’t take it personally. Some people are so sound asleep they won’t wake up. Others will refuse to believe anything that ask them to change their world view. Just be loving, give them the facts and let the sprit do its work on their mind, it is not your job to change their minds, but it is your job to be a light in the darkness.
-PEACE

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

To be fair it's not a problem I've ever really had because when I'm talking to the uninitiated I tend to use a 'what if' approach to such subjects ... seems more palatable to them than coming across like some kind of religious 'door-knocker'.

When you approach things in a gentler way people are more willing to listen ... then you let them put their points across before giving them a full but simple explanation for why your ideas hold water.

Instead of it turning into a massive argument and both sides feeling frustrated 'they' actually listen to your point of view and ask questions ... works for me anyway ... it's the method I used to put my points across in the 'blue' link in my signature ... and people show genuine interest and want to know more ... if some disagree that's fine ... but never had anyone laugh at my theories yet because I don't come across all gung-ho ... it's much better when they see the points you make for themselves ... and that is all down to the way you put the points to them in the first place (softly softly)

Woody

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I laugh inside because ik whats to come and the shrug it off like im a lunatic.
But it's ok, I'll be safe. They'll possibly be dead.
I say this because i've told many and my family.
And when i told my family, they just thought i was high.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Destiny Curious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How about this....ever consider that your audience picks up that you are a frightened and contemptuous? Not a great combination.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It doesn't make me feel anything in particular. People are entitled to their own opinion. It is frustrating of course but, if they don't want to hear it I am not going to force them. I have a very close relative whom always says " Heid, Live and let live " Whatever that means ? I call them folks the ones too busy " Keeping up with the Kardashians to be bothered by my spoils of the mind "
Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The human brain is complex. Laughter is a very common stress mechanism. The fact that you are getting some reaction at all is a good thing considering how different the general public perception and reality are. It does take time and it does take facts. When it finally clicks for them anger and depression is common in the short term. Getting this far is a job well done and another victory in the struggle against ignorance.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
off the forum, I try not to converse about them unless someone brings something up.. and I think I just met 2 people who are members here, based on the conversation that occured..
in regards to people laughing.. if I find myself talking to someone who laughs about my reading material, I'll usually flip the conversation to something they enjoy, and then tear them apart with questions and ridicule their understanding... that way I prove to them I know more about what they hold dear better than they do, thus solidifying anything else I may have to say in another topic.. though I try to be neutral during conspiracy topics, only to gauge how hostile the other person will be, then gradually leak my true thoughts on a topic.

my main adversary is my father though... I keep trying and trying to converse with him about 9/11, mainly because my father is a very smart person, and I want him to see, or atleast hear hos advice, though he tends to slam any conversation I may bring up on the matter.. his main arguement, which kills me, is; "what does it matter how it happened or who was responsible? you live and move on." I told him it matters alot.. I am starting to raise my child in this world, and if it was situation A (OS), well then I live accordingly, with some caution of others, but if its situation B (inside), well then that changes alot, and I would have to live accordingly.. for example, voicing my opinion more, and being more active in politics to ensure a better situation.. and if it were situation C (not A,B) well then I'll finally know the true enemy.. knowing matters.

there seems to be an ancient war of "good v. evil", and we are all in the middle of it.. one needs to know the sides before they can say where they stand..

ramble

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Turn the tables. The other day, I was talking around a camp fire here in Fl., still a warm night. I was mentioning how blind and closed minded people were to this small group, stating they were all programed and cannot think out of the box. I did not share my views, but just left it at that for the moment.

Then additional folks brought up chairs and joined. So I then restarted the conversation deliberately, and mentioned a controversial thing like UFO disclosure. One of the new Gals immediately started laughing at the concept in a way as to make anyone whom did not agree with her shallow response seem to be an idiot. The others having heard what I had just said, smiled quietly as she had just supported what I had said about being programed. I did not go beyond this, as to do so would have embarrassed the lady and I had made a point already to the first group.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It depends as most conspiracies on ATS don't have any scientific or factual based evidence support to them.

And most people who believe heavily and invest in conspiracy theories come unstuck when you question them on a basic level.

What conspiracies does the OP believe in?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If they laugh too much I just start humming loudly.

And clean my guns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join